collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our sources say.....  (Read 38409 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Our sources say.....
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2010, 03:58:17 PM »
Koeman is very hit and miss. Then again, there is a hell of a lot of rubbish in this league, so perhaps he'll get it right?

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #121 on: August 28, 2010, 04:41:11 PM »
I see over on VT the General has confirmed that...

"When MON left, the Club absolutely made up a list of Managers that we would approach..."

Also that Randy has been in the UK all week working on the Manager issue and the General will in the UK on Sunday.

Offline atomicjam

• GM : 07.04.2019
« Reply #122 on: August 28, 2010, 04:42:24 PM »
And now also on this website in his thread.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #123 on: August 28, 2010, 04:50:58 PM »
Sounds like they want to sound out another clubs manager or have attempted to at least from what the General appears to be saying.  My bet is still on Jol but they can't get him.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #124 on: August 28, 2010, 05:24:24 PM »
Thanks for that Dave.

Such nuggets are the buoys in the seas of madness we seem to be suffering.

Whereas I doubt we are going to sign a manager who is at the top of the game like a Mourinho I for much the same reasons doubt we will be seeing Phil Brown or Paul Jewell at the club. I expect an upper mid ranking appointment.   

Offline claretandblue barmy

« Reply #125 on: August 28, 2010, 05:55:41 PM »
Thanks for the info Dave.

My frustration over the recent events was brought to ahead at bombing out of Europe, i can kind of accept losing to the Newcastle ( not the 6 nil bit ) But working so hard all season then at the first time of asking..anyway im boring myself with it now. 

Lets just hope we get the right man in for the job soon !

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #126 on: August 28, 2010, 06:18:53 PM »

Saunders got it without being a Villa man...

This whole "understands the special nature of Aston Villa" argument is nonsense if the examples given include the man who walked out of the club a couple of months before we were due to play a European Cup quarter final and pitched up on the other side of the city a week later.

All managers are self-serving - that's a direct consequence of being in a career where the likely tenure is usually no more than a couple of seasons.  He simply doesn't have the time to immerse himself in the history and tradition.  In the vast majority of cases, there is no point in the emotional investment. 

All we can ask is that whoever is in the manager's seat does their best by the club during his time with us.  They then in time become part of the tradition by dint of what they achieve.  If they do that, where they go next - be it a local rival, the England job or retirement - is irrelevant. 

Exactly, spot on. And quite what is the special nature of Aston Villa when we deride other clubs for thinking too that they are special like Newcastle, Spurs and Liverpool....

The greatest manager in our post war history didn’t get Aston Villa? Ok. Clearly I was talking nonsense.

Only a mentalist would need to ask what was special about Aston Villa.

Could you describe what a mentalist is to me, it's not a term I am familiar with? If you are inferring I have a mental condition, then would you care to retract that accusation as it is both offensive and insulting to those who do indeed suffer in such a way. Perhaps you could try to couch your responses in a slightly more diplomatic way in future. Call it a learning point...

Offline TheEgo

• GM : Sept, 2013
« Reply #127 on: August 28, 2010, 06:24:19 PM »

This whole "understands the special nature of Aston Villa" argument is nonsense if the examples given include the man who walked out of the club a couple of months before we were due to play a European Cup quarter final and pitched up on the other side of the city a week later.

All managers are self-serving - that's a direct consequence of being in a career where the likely tenure is usually no more than a couple of seasons.  He simply doesn't have the time to immerse himself in the history and tradition.  In the vast majority of cases, there is no point in the emotional investment. 

All we can ask is that whoever is in the manager's seat does their best by the club during his time with us.  They then in time become part of the tradition by dint of what they achieve.  If they do that, where they go next - be it a local rival, the England job or retirement - is irrelevant. 

Exactly, spot on. And quite what is the special nature of Aston Villa when we deride other clubs for thinking too that they are special like Newcastle, Spurs and Liverpool....

The greatest manager in our post war history didn’t get Aston Villa? Ok. Clearly I was talking nonsense.

Could you describe what a mentalist is to me, it's not a term I am familiar with? If you are inferring I have a mental condition, then would you care to retract that accusation as it is both offensive and insulting to those who do indeed suffer in such a way. Perhaps you could try to couch your responses in a slightly more diplomatic way in future. Call it a learning point...

Sense of humour by pass or just offended on someone else's behalf? Lighten up, crikey!!!

Offline Ads

« Reply #128 on: August 28, 2010, 06:35:30 PM »

In the words of Mark Fletcher- humourless twerp.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #129 on: August 28, 2010, 06:36:53 PM »
Please be civil.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #130 on: August 28, 2010, 06:39:06 PM »
Yes, thank you both for that. Very nice of you. I wasn't aware I had ever called you any names, despite disagreeing with your posts on occasions. Can I suggest you keep to the facts rather than being rude to people? Much appreciated

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #131 on: August 28, 2010, 06:40:26 PM »
Thanks Dave, your post is reassuring after what has been a week to make even the most optimistic of fan feel somewhat queasy.

Offline Ads

« Reply #132 on: August 28, 2010, 06:41:36 PM »
I’ll remember not to bring popular culture into any posts in the future, just in case you don’t understand.

Offline sfx412

« Reply #133 on: August 28, 2010, 06:47:34 PM »
Why don't we go and get Moyes? If the ambition is still there I'm sure we could tempt him at the end of the season as he's certainly not going to get the Man Utd job without doing something better than he is currently.

Even if it means getting a Sven for the season.

I believe he distanced himself by suggesting he ahd more chance with Everton's squad

Offline enigma

« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2010, 06:56:02 PM »
I'm coming round to Koeman.

Even if he did play Arizmendi at right back.

Koeman? You have got to be joking. I'd honestly rather have Joe Kinnear.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal