collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Tuscans
[Today at 04:56:33 PM]

Golf 2024 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 04:56:16 PM]

FFP by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 04:56:02 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Tuscans
[Today at 04:49:53 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by eamonn
[Today at 04:43:57 PM]

Amadou Onana by SamTheMouse
[Today at 04:40:30 PM]

Season Tickets by Drummond
[Today at 04:36:16 PM]

The cycling thread by simon ward 50
[Today at 03:49:15 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Enzo Barrenechea - Signed  (Read 33466 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Enzo Barrenechea - nearly signed
« Reply #195 on: June 22, 2024, 08:23:22 AM »
Yeah good that, its no Allo, Allo mind.
Or Peppa Pig.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #196 on: June 22, 2024, 08:43:39 AM »
It’s being reported that Juve are insisting on a sell on clause of 70% for the 2 numpties that they have scrabbled around looking to get rid of
We should tell them to go fuck themselves! If they want Douglas that much they should pay the going rate for him. It’s like you wanting a couple of prime fillet steaks from the really nice restaurant, but you ask if they’re willing to take a pack of Iceland budget burgers in part exchange.

As much as i smiled a bit at your analogy there, on a serious note it appears to just be 10% on one of them and further to that and more importantly have you actually seen either of them play? At all?

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #197 on: June 22, 2024, 09:33:46 AM »
This is from Golazo, a Twitter page and website that’s run by a Villa fan who follows Argentine football. Each season they do a list of 50 players to look out for.

When Enzo Barrenechea departed Newell’s Old Boys for Europe in 2019 it was a transfer that largely went under the radar. The young midfielder hadn’t yet made his senior debut and a switch to Swiss club Sion was hardly likely to attract much attention. Fast forward to 2023 and the 22-year-old is a regular in Serie A with Frosinone, showcasing the level of talent which Juventus scouts had seen all those years prior. From his deep lying position in the midfield, Barrenechea is a decent ball winner but it’s in possession where his technical quality shines through – good under pressure and an excellent passer.

https://golazoargentino.com/2023/12/28/golazo-50-argentinas-best-young-players-2023-50-31/

https://x.com/golazoargentino/status/1804253692616388879?s=46

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #198 on: June 22, 2024, 09:57:02 AM »
This guy fucking loves him.

And if you can get through the accent & his weird flitting eyes, he backs up a fair bit of his opinion with some stats too.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #199 on: June 22, 2024, 12:14:49 PM »
This guy fucking loves him.

And if you can get through the accent & his weird flitting eyes, he backs up a fair bit of his opinion with some stats too.

Does that make the deal seem any less shit for you?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #200 on: June 22, 2024, 12:23:05 PM »
He's going to be an important signing.

Interesting sidenote is that he's best friends with Matías Soulé, who looks class and it's reported that he's one that we wanted included in the deal but Juve value him at 40m euro's. We might go back for him next month.

Offline pablo_picasso

« Reply #201 on: June 22, 2024, 12:27:15 PM »

It gives me a little comfort that the kid has something about him.

But it doesn't change my view that we are being short-changed, no.

Two youngsters & £25M isn't enough for a player of Douglas Luiz calibre.

And don't get me wrong, I am very excited about the Iling-Junior transfer.

I like him a lot & am over the moon that we are targeting some of the world's best young prospects like him.

And what I am reading & watching on YouTube, Barrenechea certainly has more about him than that Dobbin kid, (albeit I think he will get a lot of yellow cards in the Prem), but both young players from Juventus are still gambles for Villa, which means that we are taking all of the risk, still have to replace Douglas Luiz (hopefully with Guendouzi), while Juventus get a ready made world class talent, who they usually wouldn't be able to afford.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 12:45:02 PM by pablo_picasso »

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2024, 12:37:11 PM »
Tough to know who gets the better side if the deal until we’ve had a season or two with the new young players. If one makes it then they’ll easily double their value whereas Doug probably had another £20m until his ceiling price I think.

A loan for Dobbin should suit all parties as i don’t think he will play enough with Iling jnr already first reserve for positions on the left,

Offline AV84

« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2024, 12:42:49 PM »
I was looking for an old post yesterday and I found one from December where we'd been linked with Iling Jr for January. Obviously didn't happen but it makes you wonder if he was the player we wanted all along anyway and McKennie was just being used to bulk up the deal? Would mean Barrenchea and a bit more cash still leaves us with the player we wanted and a potentially great second player.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2024, 12:47:55 PM »

I like him a lot & am over the moon that we are targeting some of the world's best young prospects like him.

And what I am reading & watching on YouTube, Barrenechea certainly has more about him than that Dobbin kid, (albeit I think he will get a lot of yellow cards in the Prem), but both young players from Juventus are still gambles for Villa, which means that we are taking all of the risk, still have to replace Douglas Luiz (hopefully with Guendouzi), while Juventus get a ready made world class talent, who they usually wouldn't be able to afford.

What makes you think that Enzo is Luiz's replacement and not the exact sort of profile to understudy for Kamara?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #205 on: June 22, 2024, 12:49:24 PM »
He's going to be an important signing.

Interesting sidenote is that he's best friends with Matías Soulé, who looks class and it's reported that he's one that we wanted included in the deal but Juve value him at 40m euro's. We might go back for him next month.

Summer 2025 for Soule I reckon.

Buendia will only have one year left on his deal at that point.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2025
« Reply #206 on: June 22, 2024, 12:50:13 PM »
The transfer window doesn’t shut for two months. We had to do a load of work by June 30th and there is still 8 days left in this month to that done. There is no reason to believe Enzo is a replacement for Luiz. We are going to make some major signings after July 1.

Offline pablo_picasso

« Reply #207 on: June 22, 2024, 12:54:01 PM »
The transfer window doesn’t shut for two months. We had to do a load of work by June 30th and there is still 8 days left in this month to that done. There is no reason to believe Enzo is a replacement for Luiz. We are going to make some major signings after July 1.

What makes you think that Enzo is Luiz's replacement and not the exact sort of profile to understudy for Kamara?

I don't.

Which is why I said I want us to sign Guendouzi to replace Douglas Luiz in the post you quoted.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2024, 12:55:43 PM by pablo_picasso »

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #208 on: June 22, 2024, 01:09:01 PM »
So how are we being short changed? A player wants to go, it happens. We're hoovering up a prospect whose profile would suit filling in for Kamara. We're also adding a lightening fast prospect who can fill in at left back or left wing. Plus it allows us to comply with PSR, plus it allows us to go and spend money on a Luiz replacement. It looks like a very good deal from our side of the fence.

Offline pablo_picasso

« Reply #209 on: June 22, 2024, 01:15:48 PM »
I disagree.

Which is why I have made several posts explaining why.

Im not repeating myself again, especially when again, it is in the post you quoted.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal