collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Crest Review by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:55 AM]

Re: RIP Chico Hamilton by tony scott
[Today at 10:06:51 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by chrisw1
[Today at 10:04:46 AM]

Re: RIP Chico Hamilton by Virgil Caine
[Today at 10:03:55 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:02:33 AM]

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by chrisw1
[Today at 10:01:56 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Tuscans
[Today at 10:01:25 AM]

Re: Tyrone Mings - signed permanently and confirmed as even more awesome by Ads
[Today at 09:56:52 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Olympiacos v Villa Pre-match Thread  (Read 17331 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Olympiacos v Villa Pre-match Thread
« Reply #375 on: May 09, 2024, 12:12:50 PM »
Olympiakos fan here. Some comments make me wonder if we saw a different game. No one can disagree that Villa is the better team by far and for us to win the 1st leg happened because of luck, villa's injuries, villas overconfidence, tiredness and a very friendly ref towards us. But there is a huge difference between a friendly ref who gave the  few disputed incidents in our favor than the AL Capone that many of you present  him. He is not the Tunisian ref who allowed Maradona score with his hand. Sure he could.have allowed the goal instead of giving a foul but it's not like he invented something non existing. We all saw the attacker pulling the defenders shirt and then the ball hitting his head while he was down for an easy goal for Bailey. He could have given Baileys penalty sure. But also in this case the defender kicks the ball first before their feet entangled. About the penalty we were given, extended arm is always considered penalty and doesn't matter if he wasn't looking or if he had no intention. If all those cases were in favor of Villa instead, then it would have been us complaining about a hostile ref. Anyway we are expecting a tough game against a better team that won't make the same mistake to underestimate us this time. It's 50/50

Hi GK thanks for contributing a greek perspective.
What is your knowledge about
Interpol Probing Greek Football Teams for Alleged Match-Fixing?

Interpol, Eurojust and the Betting Fraud Detection Company Sportradar are investigating 18 Greek football teams for suspected participation in an illegal betting ring, a website revealed last year.

Also what are your views of Marinakis?

Our 2nd and 3rd division (something like your championship and league1) are absolutely corrupted. Most of the teams if not all since they are lacking funds, they set up games and they bet accordingly mostly to Asian bookmakers. My opinion for Marinakis is very bad but not many share my point of view. If you want your team to be n1 no matter how, then he is the best owner for your club. But if you dont like shady methods like i dont, then its difficult to admire him.

Extended welcome to GK. Thank you.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain insider knowledge from a genuine Greek who understands Greek football. There could be a lot of spectacular coverage in the media. But it sounds like it isn't from what you're saying he's not to be trusted.

Thank you Olympicao fan. Let's see what happens this evening regards officiating.  Well I think its great to have someone here and I think it's good  H and V allows this and we are all here to be open to hearing opinions and insight.

Ayoub El Kaabi has been quite the revelation hasn't he! Evangelos Marinakis must have all the contacts in Qatar!

Great signing there and would you expect him to be sold on?
He's a very impressive striker isn't he and not just last week but this season. How impressed are you ? And how do Olympicao tend to perform at home this season ?
Evangelos Marinakis must have all the contacts in Qatar!

Thank you once again for your posts.

Offline gkap7

« Reply #376 on: May 09, 2024, 12:21:55 PM »
Be typical of Villa to go 2 0 in front ( 4 4 agg)  at half time    and then fuck it up in the second half and heads drop    1-2    ( 5 4 )  , maybe give a silly pen away or get hit in te 48th minute .

anyway Im still beliving.

You have good chances mate because we cant defend properly. After the great score we got on 1st leg, 2nd leg would have been ideal to play park the bus system and lets face it you have very good team but you re not City  to score 3 goals against 10 men defending their own area properly. But since we cant play good defence in our own half and you ll score many goals if we try it, we ll play the same way as 1st leg. Pressing in your own half to keep the ball away from our defenders and try to steal balls in the middle for counter attacks.

Offline gkap7

« Reply #377 on: May 09, 2024, 12:49:30 PM »
Olympiakos fan here. Some comments make me wonder if we saw a different game. No one can disagree that Villa is the better team by far and for us to win the 1st leg happened because of luck, villa's injuries, villas overconfidence, tiredness and a very friendly ref towards us. But there is a huge difference between a friendly ref who gave the  few disputed incidents in our favor than the AL Capone that many of you present  him. He is not the Tunisian ref who allowed Maradona score with his hand. Sure he could.have allowed the goal instead of giving a foul but it's not like he invented something non existing. We all saw the attacker pulling the defenders shirt and then the ball hitting his head while he was down for an easy goal for Bailey. He could have given Baileys penalty sure. But also in this case the defender kicks the ball first before their feet entangled. About the penalty we were given, extended arm is always considered penalty and doesn't matter if he wasn't looking or if he had no intention. If all those cases were in favor of Villa instead, then it would have been us complaining about a hostile ref. Anyway we are expecting a tough game against a better team that won't make the same mistake to underestimate us this time. It's 50/50

Hi GK thanks for contributing a greek perspective.
What is your knowledge about
Interpol Probing Greek Football Teams for Alleged Match-Fixing?

Interpol, Eurojust and the Betting Fraud Detection Company Sportradar are investigating 18 Greek football teams for suspected participation in an illegal betting ring, a website revealed last year.

Also what are your views of Marinakis?

Our 2nd and 3rd division (something like your championship and league1) are absolutely corrupted. Most of the teams if not all since they are lacking funds, they set up games and they bet accordingly mostly to Asian bookmakers. My opinion for Marinakis is very bad but not many share my point of view. If you want your team to be n1 no matter how, then he is the best owner for your club. But if you dont like shady methods like i dont, then its difficult to admire him.

Extended welcome to GK. Thank you.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain insider knowledge from a genuine Greek who understands Greek football. There could be a lot of spectacular coverage in the media. But it sounds like it isn't from what you're saying he's not to be trusted.

Thank you Olympicao fan. Let's see what happens this evening regards officiating.  Well I think its great to have someone here and I think it's good  H and V allows this and we are all here to be open to hearing opinions and insight.

Ayoub El Kaabi has been quite the revelation hasn't he! Evangelos Marinakis must have all the contacts in Qatar!

Great signing there and would you expect him to be sold on?
He's a very impressive striker isn't he and not just last week but this season. How impressed are you ? And how do Olympicao tend to perform at home this season ?
Evangelos Marinakis must have all the contacts in Qatar!

Thank you once again for your posts.

I doubt Marinakis has the power to manipulate situations so high as to arrange a convenient ref for a european semi final against an english team but if he could he wouldnt hesitate. For Greece is another matter since he is a big fish here. El Kaabi is a killer in front, not the fastest, not great  technic or creativity but he knows how to score and its been around 30 years ago since the last time we had a striker with +30 goals. He is 30yo so i dont expect him to be sold. He wont bring high offers so i expect to keep him. He came as free sign from a small turkish club. I dont think Marinakis has such good contacts with middle east to get good players. when you change 20 players every year, its normal that some of them are good. Anyway this year until Mendilibar came was shit. 2 coaches already fired, 4th in greece, bad results and bad football. we considered it  a wasted year and then new coach changed everything. no matter if we reach the final or manage to win the greek champ, he made us happy again and hope for good things next year when he ll be able to prepare the team during summer with players he picks on his own

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #378 on: May 09, 2024, 01:16:58 PM »
Thank you GKap7 it's  fascinating to hear insider views and what's occurred for your team this season.
Forgive me in my research I thought  El Kaabi had come direct from Qatar and that he'll just be another one sold off in the many ins and outs that occur at your club!

I not sure if Mendilibar will be able to pick his own players though as you know the owner likes a transfer for whatever purpose so be looking at some new signings once again which hopefully work well for your team.
I like the look of your coach and his attitude last week.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #379 on: May 09, 2024, 01:29:26 PM »
Bit dead in the area they want Villa to congregate in. Omonoia a bit livelier.

Offline gkap7

« Reply #380 on: May 09, 2024, 01:33:45 PM »
Thank you GKap7 it's  fascinating to hear insider views and what's occurred for your team this season.
Forgive me in my research I thought  El Kaabi had come direct from Qatar and that he'll just be another one sold off in the many ins and outs that occur at your club!

I not sure if Mendilibar will be able to pick his own players though as you know the owner likes a transfer for whatever purpose so be looking at some new signings once again which hopefully work well for your team.
I like the look of your coach and his attitude last week.

you re right, just checked it. he played only 7 games with the team from Qatar since he joined at the end of their season but i remember evrywhere they wrote that he joined from turkish Hataysport. Teams in Greece dont work like English where usually the manager signs the players he wants but even here when they trust the coach they ll follow his recommendations and sign the players he wants.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #381 on: May 09, 2024, 01:50:33 PM »
Ask for Himeros and Pothos. They'll show you a good time.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #382 on: May 09, 2024, 01:53:52 PM »
Were you eating Cheese before bed last night?

I did actually have a cheese baguette.  8)
Crikey! I almost got the Kenneth Williams gif out.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #383 on: May 09, 2024, 03:25:29 PM »
and for all us old guys...

"Villans get on your prayer mats"

RIP Tone

Between this and the dot we are sure to qualify.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #384 on: May 09, 2024, 03:30:36 PM »

Friends of Dogtanian's, aren't they?

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #385 on: May 09, 2024, 03:33:21 PM »

Nearly! I did look twice.

Offline usav

• GM : 09.02.2019
« Reply #386 on: May 09, 2024, 03:45:17 PM »
I would be more confident if we had a somewhat healthy squad, but I just think it's too much with all the players who are out.  The balance of the team and shape just doesn't seem like it can work....I would love to be proven wrong of course.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 03:54:24 PM by usav »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #387 on: May 09, 2024, 03:50:33 PM »

Porthos was my nickname at my first proper job for having the temerity to wear a pair of shiny boots.

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #388 on: May 09, 2024, 03:53:28 PM »

Porthos was my nickname at my first proper job for having the temerity to wear a pair of shiny boots.

Haha. Not for drinking, womanising, and a capacity for food?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #389 on: May 09, 2024, 03:57:46 PM »
No, unfortunately.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal