collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: All aboard the shuttle bus.  (Read 6098 times)

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
Re: All aboard the shuttle bus.
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2024, 06:20:45 AM »
Looks like the club were reading the posts in the Villa Park thread from a few months ago. Shame that Aziz coaches of Sparkbrook weren't given the chance but better than nothing.

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2024, 08:04:45 AM »
Looks like the club were reading the posts in the Villa Park thread from a few months ago. Shame that Aziz coaches of Sparkbrook weren't given the chance but better than nothing.
Didn't we sell them to Middlesbrough?

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2024, 10:25:19 AM »
Even if there is a poor take up at first I hope the club persevere. It will take time for people to realise it's there and word of mouth will be the best tool for this, particulary if it's run well. The Edgbaston service is very popular and we should be able to mirror that.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2024, 12:23:44 PM »
The reason the ones last season were so expensive was that the club didn't want them being too popular - they wanted a trial run to sort the logistics out. Stagecoach have got a new depot in Aston so they want to make this work.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 02:01:14 PM by dave.woodhall »

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2024, 01:39:14 PM »
The trouble is, the traffic on Grosevenor Road is just about the worst in the area. Because Lichfield Road is all snarled up, you normally get 1 or 2 cars maximum able to turn onto Lichfield Road at a time, so a bus is going to be sat there for ages like everybody else. Once on Lichfield Road, the bus will be OK because there's a bus lane, but actually getting on to it is a massively frustrating ball ache. They'd be much better running it from outside Aston Station on Lichfield Road.

When the trains aren’t running the replacement bus service always picks up from Grosvenor Road so it’s tried and tested.

It might be what they always do, but does it work?

Haven’t used it for a couple of years but was perfectly fine when I did. The first buses after the final whistle are obviously going to have a lot of traffic to contend with but if they’re running for a couple of hours after the game it should be ok if you get a later one.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2024, 02:01:36 PM »
This is excellent news, and hopefully there will be a good take up. My initial thought is that the demand for the service will be greater after the game than before it, and I'm wondering if the £5 fare will apply to a single fare, as well as return. I'm thinking it probably should.

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2024, 02:03:03 PM »
This is excellent news, and hopefully there will be a good take up. My initial thought is that the demand for the service will be greater after the game than before it, and I'm wondering if the £5 fare will apply to a single fare, as well as return. I'm thinking it probably should.

It's £3 single.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2024, 04:46:10 PM »
The reason the ones last season were so expensive was that the club didn't want them being too popular - they wanted a trial run to sort the logistics out. Stagecoach have got a new depot in Aston so they want to make this work.

Is it likely to be just the one bus going there and back Dave, or will there be a few on do you think?

Offline dave.woodhall

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2024, 05:56:23 PM »

Is it likely to be just the one bus going there and back Dave, or will there be a few on do you think?

A few, I believe.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2024, 11:44:22 PM »
Leeds have a good shuttle service running from the station to the ground and back after, it can work if it's planned properly.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2024, 01:32:51 AM »
I assume Chris Heck will be watching the numbers/reviews on this with interest. Being hamstrung by public transport was one of the few things he mentioned regarding Villa Park's future in that crappy Pravda address he made before Christmas.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2024, 03:10:10 PM »
More revenue raised for the club.  Good idea.

This won't be earning anything for the club. Why would it?

Do the club not get any money for this?  Not through sponsorship or agreement?  Shame, I though Mr Heck was being innovative! 

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2024, 04:16:06 PM »
Less drivers, more drinkers so it is better for the club in those ways.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2024, 10:58:07 PM »
So, did this go well today? Hope no one puked on the back-seat and hoped it wouldn't be noticed.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2024, 11:03:53 PM »
Was Heck on board?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal