collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: All aboard the shuttle bus.  (Read 6133 times)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
Re: All aboard the shuttle bus.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2024, 02:15:26 PM »
The trouble is, the traffic on Grosevenor Road is just about the worst in the area. Because Lichfield Road is all snarled up, you normally get 1 or 2 cars maximum able to turn onto Lichfield Road at a time, so a bus is going to be sat there for ages like everybody else. Once on Lichfield Road, the bus will be OK because there's a bus lane, but actually getting on to it is a massively frustrating ball ache. They'd be much better running it from outside Aston Station on Lichfield Road.

When the trains aren’t running the replacement bus service always picks up from Grosvenor Road so it’s tried and tested.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2024, 02:51:15 PM »
The trouble is, the traffic on Grosevenor Road is just about the worst in the area. Because Lichfield Road is all snarled up, you normally get 1 or 2 cars maximum able to turn onto Lichfield Road at a time, so a bus is going to be sat there for ages like everybody else. Once on Lichfield Road, the bus will be OK because there's a bus lane, but actually getting on to it is a massively frustrating ball ache. They'd be much better running it from outside Aston Station on Lichfield Road.

I tried to get the bus back (67) after the Fulham game as it stops just outside Aston Station and the traffic was solid. Thought I'd just carry on up towards Tyburn Rd and catch it when it comes, ended up halfway home on Bromford Lane and just got the Mrs to pick me up instead.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2024, 02:58:06 PM »

When the trains aren’t running the replacement bus service always picks up from Grosvenor Road so it’s tried and tested.

It might be what they always do, but does it work?

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2024, 03:56:04 PM »
Where is Grosvenor Road? The only one i can see on Google Maps is the other side of the A34.

Don't get all 'Sherlock Street' on us!

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2024, 03:56:41 PM »
I'll be watching this thread with interest next week to see the opinions of those who have tried it.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2024, 04:08:06 PM »
I waited at Aston station for a game earlier in the season, realised it would take forever so caught a bus opposite and it sailed into town no problem.

Offline itmustbe_it is!

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2024, 04:40:50 PM »
Years ago I remember getting a "football special" bus from up at top of Corporation Street /Old Square to Villa Park every week, probably mid 80s. Can't remember the number but it wasnt an ordinary service bus.

Offline appyarryampton

• GM : 24.01.2016
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2024, 05:34:32 PM »
Yes, the football specials.
Used to be a line of them after the game on the junction of Church Lane and Queens Road to take you back to the city centre.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 05:39:21 PM by appyarryampton »

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2024, 06:18:47 PM »
I wonder when the latest one will be?

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2024, 06:29:35 PM »
You can’t knock the club for trying this. Not a bad price and it just could work.

Online Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2024, 06:32:28 PM »
Quote from: original article
Buses will depart from Grosvenor Road and run back to Birmingham New Street at regular intervals for up to two hours after the final whistle for every game.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2024, 06:32:41 PM »
Years ago I remember getting a "football special" bus from up at top of Corporation Street /Old Square to Villa Park every week, probably mid 80s. Can't remember the number but it wasnt an ordinary service bus.
Back then there were specials for the number 7.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2024, 08:27:01 PM »
More revenue raised for the club.  Good idea.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2024, 08:32:13 PM »
More revenue raised for the club.  Good idea.

This won't be earning anything for the club. Why would it?

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM »
Quote from: original article
Buses will depart from Grosvenor Road and run back to Birmingham New Street at regular intervals for up to two hours after the final whistle for every game.

Thanks mate. Thats great news as i was thinking about coming chelsea game so this will make it a bit easier to get back

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal