collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: All aboard the shuttle bus.  (Read 6147 times)

Online kippaxvilla2

All aboard the shuttle bus.
« on: March 28, 2024, 12:05:47 PM »
AV82 a great initiative from the club….only £5 return. 

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: All aboard the shuttle bus.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 12:16:08 PM »
Aston Villa is delighted to introduce a new city centre shuttle bus service, helping supporters to travel more easily and efficiently to and from Villa Park on matchdays.

With a nod to the club’s finest hour and our 1982 European Cup victory, the ‘AV82’ service will start on Saturday 30th March for our home Premier League fixture against Wolves. The service will run on a trial basis for all other men’s home matches until the end of the 2023/24 season, covering all Premier League and UEFA Europa Conference League fixtures.

Run by Stagecoach, the AV82 shuttle will pick up from outside Birmingham New Street Station on Dudley Street, running direct to Villa Park. Buses will run at regular intervals, starting three hours before kick-off for every home fixture. Buses will depart from Grosvenor Road and run back to Birmingham New Street at regular intervals for up to two hours after the final whistle for every game.

A return ticket for the shuttle bus is £5 and single tickets will be available for £3. Tickets can be purchased with cash or card from the bus driver, or purchased in advance through the Stagecoach app. Unfortunately, nBus, concessionary passes and the government’s £2 Help for Household single are not valid on the service.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/march/28/New-express-city-centre-shuttle-buses-set-to-launch-on-matchdays/

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2024, 12:20:12 PM »
Can't believe this has taken this long to come up with this initiative. Good move.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2024, 12:59:18 PM »
I think last time they tried it it was a fiver each way.  £5.00 return is much better.

Online devilla

• GM : Nov, 2012
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2024, 01:00:22 PM »
This is great news and will now mean I can get the train instead of driving. It doesn't say how many buses they'll be using but I hope it's more than one.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 01:01:58 PM by devilla »

Online kippaxvilla2

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2024, 01:02:42 PM »
This is great news and will now mean I can get the train instead of driving. It doesn't say how many buses they'll be using but I hope it's more than one.

Just the one on a constant loop. 

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2024, 01:03:39 PM »
Fantastic news. This will help easy congestion on the trains. Well done to all parties involved

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2024, 01:04:38 PM »

Nah, must be more than that otherwise people will be waiting forever on the way back.

"Buses will run at regular intervals, starting three hours before kick-off for every home fixture. Buses will depart from Grosvenor Road and run back to Birmingham New Street at regular intervals for up to two hours after the final whistle for every game."

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2024, 01:08:06 PM »

Nah, must be more than that otherwise people will be waiting forever on the way back.

"Buses will run at regular intervals, starting three hours before kick-off for every home fixture. Buses will depart from Grosvenor Road and run back to Birmingham New Street at regular intervals for up to two hours after the final whistle for every game."
I mean, one an hour is "regular" ....

But yeah, interested to hear how the shuttle bus does work out against Wolves.  My dad's not as mobile as he was now, so if there's a frequent bus service that'd involve him doing less walking, £5 return seems worth it.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2024, 01:17:12 PM »
Where is Grosvenor Road? The only one i can see on Google Maps is the other side of the A34.

EDIT ignore, can see it now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 01:22:17 PM by pauliewalnuts »

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2024, 01:17:43 PM »
I was only thinking about this the other day, I wondered what had happened after the trial at the end of last season. The main issue was cost and now that's been halved I think it's definitely a goer. Frequency is a question but hopefully enough people will use it for feedback on here and to keep it going. It's ideal for the station area given the unreliability of the trains post match.

I'm in Town on Sat so may well give it a whirl.

Offline frank black

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2024, 01:19:41 PM »

Haha imagine the grief

Offline luke95

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2024, 01:21:42 PM »
Where is Grosvenor Road? The only one i can see on Google Maps is the other side of the A34.
Runs parallel to Aston Station

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2024, 01:26:50 PM »
Queens Road then Grosvenor Road.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2024, 01:43:13 PM »
The trouble is, the traffic on Grosevenor Road is just about the worst in the area. Because Lichfield Road is all snarled up, you normally get 1 or 2 cars maximum able to turn onto Lichfield Road at a time, so a bus is going to be sat there for ages like everybody else. Once on Lichfield Road, the bus will be OK because there's a bus lane, but actually getting on to it is a massively frustrating ball ache. They'd be much better running it from outside Aston Station on Lichfield Road.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal