collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stuart Griffin - Cheltenhamlion  (Read 19316 times)

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
Re: Stuart Griffin - Cheltenhamlion
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2024, 09:24:20 PM »
Thanks so much for sharing Dave. That makes missing out due to being over in Germany for a few days for this documentary feel a bit less tricky, I’m so glad to hear Stu’s wife so valued our community’s contribution/support.

Would have been great to see the Villa Chaplain in action (though I’d probably have been sizing him up, that’s staring to be a fantasy role for me!).

I can’t help but think of a banner in the Johan Cruyff Arena would be a fitting H&V send off, though I guess you can’t really guarantee what gets seen on’t telly & maybe Villa Park would be more fitting/visible… has anyone considered anything?

We get a lot of applause on certain minutes stuff, I suppose it would be important for family to feel they want/want to witness anything…

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2024, 09:25:39 PM »
Such a privilege to read that again, Dave. Still doesn't seem real.

It doesn't. I still remember having the longest telephone conversation of my life with him when he went out of his way to help me find alternative employment when my teaching contract was not renewed in 2017. A class act and gesture. Somewhere on my laptop or back-up HDD I have a full copy of his interview with the BBC for the FA Cup feature we were involved in. Could someone ask his family if it would be appropriate for me to upload it to YouTube if there is any interest and I can find it?

That’s a fab idea Lee.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #242 on: March 04, 2024, 09:30:21 AM »
Such a privilege to read that again, Dave. Still doesn't seem real.

It doesn't. I still remember having the longest telephone conversation of my life with him when he went out of his way to help me find alternative employment when my teaching contract was not renewed in 2017. A class act and gesture. Somewhere on my laptop or back-up HDD I have a full copy of his interview with the BBC for the FA Cup feature we were involved in. Could someone ask his family if it would be appropriate for me to upload it to YouTube if there is any interest and I can find it?

I forgot about that, hope you still have it.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #243 on: March 04, 2024, 09:39:22 AM »
I will look for it today.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #244 on: March 04, 2024, 09:42:06 AM »
I can’t help but think of a banner in the Johan Cruyff Arena would be a fitting H&V send off, though I guess you can’t really guarantee what gets seen on’t telly & maybe Villa Park would be more fitting/visible… has anyone considered anything?

I don't know about a banner, but I wonder if some of the villa massif away following has something that could represent Stu for the rest of the games so "he was there" for them this season.

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #245 on: March 04, 2024, 09:59:54 AM »

I don't know about a banner, but I wonder if some of the villa massif away following has something that could represent Stu for the rest of the games so "he was there" for them this season.

Yep. That might be good if anyone has any idea…

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #246 on: March 04, 2024, 10:11:26 AM »
Lovely eulogy Dave.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #247 on: March 04, 2024, 12:17:52 PM »
Found it.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #248 on: March 04, 2024, 01:13:15 PM »

A huge Fuck The Albion would do it.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #249 on: March 04, 2024, 03:42:31 PM »
I was thinking that could do it, however less photo friendly for being caught on TV camera and could make it look a bit small time fans for the ones not in on the reference. Most might think DW is around.

Online amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #250 on: March 04, 2024, 03:52:31 PM »
I was thinking that could do it, however less photo friendly for being caught on TV camera and could make it look a bit small time fans for the ones not in on the reference. Most might think DW is around.

If it was put about on Twitter & FB etc in the same way as those that ask for a minutes applause, then maybe it could take off. It is what he would have wanted! 🤣

Offline purpletrousers

« Reply #251 on: March 05, 2024, 11:45:49 AM »
Amfy I think you are correct. I know it seems weird to others but I maintain my ethical boundaries/vows (we have more speech precepts than body and
Mind)  and so I don’t sing songs with swearing or even against other teams.
They are kind of my football precepts. Until my family zone migration and fatherhood I’d still lose my voice!

If we do this, channelling the words of Janice as Spoken by Leonard,
“But for me you would make an exception” (doubly!)

Oh and might be at Spurs on my own ;)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #252 on: April 15, 2024, 08:34:07 PM »
Rather than let this slip away into obscurity it'll be moved to HEITS so if you want to add a few final words or donate to the fundraiser, this is your chance.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal