collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by N'ZMAV
[Today at 07:57:28 AM]

NSWE Investment by Clampy
[Today at 07:36:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match  (Read 7950 times)

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2024, 10:44:29 PM »
Has Ramsey’ s foot grown back yet?
We need all the midfielders who are available, available.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2024, 10:51:10 PM »
Rogers and Diaby are both in form and high confidence so play them.
Zaniolo can come on from 65 mins and be effective. Not ideal but we have a decent squad and Emery will outclass O'Neill . Looking forwards to this game .

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2024, 10:58:46 PM »
Didn't O'Neil burst into tears or something last time we played them because Unai looked at him funny or something on the final whistle?

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2024, 11:13:07 PM »
Didn't O'Neil burst into tears or something last time we played them because Unai looked at him funny or something on the final whistle?
Yeah refused to shake his hand. Showed a level of immaturity that day. Was funny how Emery just brushed it off though , and rightly so.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2024, 04:27:04 AM »
It's a bit unfair, all this stuff about the Wulvs fans being embarrassingly antediluvian. Last time I was back we drove past the Molineux and I was struck by their intelligence and physical capability. It's not easy to complete a Rubik's Cube and eat a Vesta curry while riding a pogo stick.

Whatever happened to pogosticks? Did they go the way of spacehoppers and Raleigh Choppers?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2024, 07:18:33 AM »
It's a bit unfair, all this stuff about the Wulvs fans being embarrassingly antediluvian. Last time I was back we drove past the Molineux and I was struck by their intelligence and physical capability. It's not easy to complete a Rubik's Cube and eat a Vesta curry while riding a pogo stick.

Whatever happened to pogosticks? Did they go the way of spacehoppers and Raleigh Choppers?

They're still widely available in Codsall and surrounding areas, although the prediction is that next Christmas all the local kids will be demanding Cabbage Patch dolls.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2024, 10:01:26 AM »
Pogosticks are an alternative public transport in the black country. They are like our version of e-scooters.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #52 on: March 28, 2024, 10:03:51 AM »

They're still widely available in Codsall and surrounding areas, although the prediction is that next Christmas all the local kids will be demanding Cabbage Patch dolls.

It was around this time that the levels of hysteria around the Kentish Town Road caused a warping of the space/time continuum and I found myself face to face with a version of myself from 15 years earlier, when I'd lived in the area. "Greetings indie legend", said I. "Fuck off sad bell-end", came the reply. I wanted to warn him about the rough times ahead but for some reason he had his coat pulled over his head and wouldn't listen. I left him trying to extricate a punctured Spacehopper from under some rubble in a skip. "He'll find out soon enough", I thought.

And then suddenly I realised that I could no longer breathe.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2024, 10:14:00 AM »
No neto and kwan for them. We really need to be looking fir 3 points here ffs. No more crappy home performances against them.

Its so odd that we have gone from making villa park being a fortress to teams coming here and beating us comfortably.

Really need to sort this out asap as its our achilles heel lately

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2024, 10:21:16 AM »
Has Ramsey’ s foot grown back yet?
We need all the midfielders who are available, available.

He's inching towards full fitness.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2024, 11:12:18 AM »
When I first saw Ait-Nouri I thought he was great and I've been impressed every time I see him play. I don't usually get involved in speculation on who we should buy but as an left sided option I'd go for him.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2024, 11:20:10 AM »
When I first saw Ait-Nouri I thought he was great and I've been impressed every time I see him play. I don't usually get involved in speculation on who we should buy but as an left sided option I'd go for him.

Agree with that, remember first seeing Andy Robertson at Hull and thinking the same, around the time we were playing such luminaries as Kieran Richardson and Aly Cissokho in that role.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2024, 11:53:33 AM »
Yeah I like Ait-Nouri as well.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2024, 12:01:31 PM »
Seems like a few of our casualties like JJ and Diego back at it for training today.

https://x.com/avfcofficial/status/1773313357715509573?s=46

Offline Woody17

« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2024, 12:34:13 PM »
I’ve seen quite a bit of him as my other half is a Dingle, and every time I’ve seen him play he’s been outstanding. Like him alot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal