collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:19:32 PM]

Matty Cash - Polish international by eamonn
[Today at 09:17:30 PM]

Champions League 2024-2025 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:16:59 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 07:19:02 PM]

Season Tickets by VillaTim
[Today at 07:18:51 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by VillaTim
[Today at 07:16:52 PM]

Next FAB meeting by jon collett
[Today at 05:41:56 PM]

The Running thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 05:02:06 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:19:32 PM]

Re: Matty Cash - Polish international by eamonn
[Today at 09:17:30 PM]

Re: Champions League 2024-2025 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:16:59 PM]

Re: FFP by dalians umbrella
[Today at 09:16:00 PM]

Re: Champions League 2024-2025 by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 09:12:28 PM]

Re: FFP by jon collett
[Today at 09:09:11 PM]

Re: Champions League 2024-2025 by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:04:32 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:51:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc.  (Read 113591 times)

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc.
« Reply #435 on: April 24, 2024, 05:00:44 PM »
As others have mentioned and assuming no unexpected sales and full recovery from the injuries, RB and Defensive Midfield is the main weakness areas in the squad. Fill those and we can have quality cover in pretty much any spot other then Watkins, but it is harder for us to get someone there who will put pressure on Watkins / will be happy playing second fiddle behind him.

I guess that's my thinking re the forward line - we won't try and sign direct competition for Watkins but rather a Champions League level player who is happy as the second striker in our 4-4-2 but could play at No. 9 to give Ollie a rest if needed. Not Griezmann but someone in his profile, obviously younger, who is comfortable playing anywhere.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #436 on: April 24, 2024, 05:11:22 PM »
Not Griezmann but someone in his profile, obviously younger, who is comfortable playing anywhere.

You say that, but if he did fancy a crack at the Premier League for a year or so to finish his career while not expecting to play every minute of every game, I can't think of many players in world football who would be a better fit as "an Emery player".

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #437 on: April 24, 2024, 05:11:34 PM »
I think it's fair to say that there's going to be a queue for Mr O Watkins, but if we're playing in the CL I'd be confident we could keep him.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #438 on: April 24, 2024, 07:03:59 PM »
Not Griezmann but someone in his profile, obviously younger, who is comfortable playing anywhere.

You say that, but if he did fancy a crack at the Premier League for a year or so to finish his career while not expecting to play every minute of every game, I can't think of many players in world football who would be a better fit as "an Emery player".

I'm probably making this up, but I think I remember him saying a couple of years ago that he just doesn't fancy playing in England. Which is obviously fair enough, if so.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #439 on: April 24, 2024, 07:22:44 PM »
Given his well-known love of the US, MLS for a couple of years would probably make the most sense for him.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #440 on: April 24, 2024, 08:18:39 PM »
A lot of these former elite players will be making the trip to MLS to finish their career. It started well before Messi of course but Messi has taken it up another notch. Giroud just signed in LA. It wouldnít shock me at all to see the likes of Griezmann do the same.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #441 on: April 24, 2024, 09:46:49 PM »
Eze seems to be interesting spurs according to some spurs forums. Hope its not true because he really could take them next level.

I hope there is a way we can get him here

Offline Matt C

• GM : 18.06.2020
« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2024, 12:36:48 AM »
Another link to Nico Williams, hardly the most reputable outlet though:

https://www.givemesport.com/aston-villa-transfer-news-unai-emery-really-wants-to-sign-nico-williams/

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2024, 12:53:43 AM »
"edgysatsuma sources have indicated that a top club is interested in one of the most highly rated forwards in European football".

They pretty much could have written that about any club. I'm sure Emery is interested, he would be mad not to be.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2024, 06:16:11 AM »
I think we will sign 2 players in the summer, a centre half, as Lenglet will be leaving us, we will have no need for a forward as we are bringing back Archer, also we have Coutinho coming back to us this summer.

Maybe another centre midfield player, to cover for Kamara.

Hopefully a few of the squad who are not in Emery's plans will be shipped out.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2024, 06:23:59 AM »
I think we will sign 2 players in the summer, a centre half, as Lenglet will be leaving us, we will have no need for a forward as we are bringing back Archer, also we have Coutinho coming back to us this summer.

I reckon we will sign a RB instead.  The CB cover will come about from this signing because Konsa will not need to shuffle across to RB as often.Plus Mings returning of course.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2024, 06:26:04 AM »
I doubt very much coutinho will be anywhere near a Villa shirt ever again

Offline Forge10

« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2024, 06:28:23 AM »

I think you may have mentioned two there who will be shipped straight out. Archer already seems to be injury prone, I didnít see anything in him before that suggested he was good enough but heís hardly had a run of games to prove my point so I canít back that up. That may be harsh and he could well make me look foolish for that opinion. Iíd be amazed if Coutinho got back into the fold, I think he will end up in the MLS as heís hardly been a success in the Qatari league.

Offline Forge10

« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2024, 06:40:02 AM »
I donít fully understand the financial situation, one week the media are saying weíre spending £40m on (insert name here) and the next we have to sell Ramsey to Newcastle to escape FFP action. I donít think they know to be honest so itís hardly reliable. All I would say is that there hasnít been a lot of money thrown around in the last six months, so it wouldnít surprise me if signings were minimal. Fingers crossed adding Mings and Buendia back will make things look better while I think the Serbian guy will be tested next season. We need to start blooding some of the younger players next season if theyíre good enough as we havenít seen a lot of them so far. I think Duran will also see more game time when needed as we rarely play with anymore than one forward, as somebody else said I donít think anybody of real quality will want to play backup to Watkins unless itís a younger player who is still developing their game.

Offline IFWaters

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2024, 07:24:06 AM »
What will happen with Kortney though?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal