collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by PaulWinch again
[Today at 04:15:22 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by LeeS
[Today at 04:13:50 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by dalians umbrella
[Today at 04:09:57 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 04:05:11 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by UK Redsox
[Today at 04:03:53 PM]

Re: FFP by pablo_picasso
[Today at 03:58:48 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by AV82EC
[Today at 03:58:06 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by purpletrousers
[Today at 03:56:56 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc.  (Read 95100 times)

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc.
« Reply #420 on: April 23, 2024, 09:51:52 AM »
But then, how many clubs will be kicking themselves that they didn't take a punt on Morgan Rogers?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #421 on: April 23, 2024, 09:52:40 AM »
Palace are rumoured to want £70m+ for Eze, there's no way we're paying that sort of fee.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #422 on: April 23, 2024, 10:01:13 AM »
Palace are rumoured to want £70m+ for Eze, there's no way we're paying that sort of fee.
I don't blame them and you're right I'm sure we won't.

But I do think selling clubs are going to be very disappointed by values this summer, it just doesn't feel like enough clubs will have the FFP room to pay the huge fees at the moment.  How many clubs in world football will be able to pay £70-£100m right now?  Surely Chelsea are dropping out that equation at least this year.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #423 on: April 23, 2024, 10:03:05 AM »

But I do think selling clubs are going to be very disappointed by values this summer, it just doesn't feel like enough clubs will have the FFP room to pay the huge fees at the moment.  How many clubs in world football will be able to pay £70-£100m right now?  Surely Chelsea are dropping out that equation at least this year.
Inevitably there would come a point when transfer capacity would be reached and it’s where we are until they change the rules.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #424 on: April 23, 2024, 10:17:34 AM »

Yeah I feel the same on fees Chris, feels like it could be a buyers market this summer.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #425 on: April 23, 2024, 04:43:01 PM »
Not sure about the quality or credibility of the link but Alex Baena from Villareal being linked again.  Again, big money release clause, so not sure it's a goer.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #426 on: April 23, 2024, 04:46:11 PM »
Release clauses in Spain are mandatory so I'd take most of them with a pinch of salt.

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #427 on: April 23, 2024, 07:34:51 PM »
We were linked with Olise when he was at Reading too which is annoying as he is excellent as well.
Yeah, I was disappointed when we didn't get Bowen, Eze or Olise - all of whom we were linked with to some extent.

Shows that there is great value in the championship.

With our current stability we can start planning beyond “today’s problem” which should hopefully mean such players are viable investments.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #428 on: April 23, 2024, 07:48:39 PM »
We were linked with Olise when he was at Reading too which is annoying as he is excellent as well.
Yeah, I was disappointed when we didn't get Bowen, Eze or Olise - all of whom we were linked with to some extent.

Shows that there is great value in the championship.

I mean, I think one Morgan Rogers shows that...

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #429 on: April 23, 2024, 08:21:46 PM »
Release clauses in Spain are mandatory so I'd take most of them with a pinch of salt.
A pinch of pimentón

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #430 on: April 23, 2024, 08:30:57 PM »

Yeah if thats the price range i agree we wont be paying that unless we seel ramsey for a similar price. But damn he would be worth it.

This guys got some serious talent.  He is a game changer

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #431 on: April 23, 2024, 11:29:34 PM »

Yeah I feel the same on fees Chris, feels like it could be a buyers market this summer.

Agreed. Especially if January was anything to go by. Sky will be gutted.

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #432 on: April 24, 2024, 02:57:24 PM »
Agree that it will be a relatively quiet summer all round this year, which might be quite refreshing - and I can't see us needing to make too many changes to the squad given the fact all our big players have healthy contracts. Alongside the obvious additions at fullback and potentially defensive midfield, if we follow the '2-3 big signings' strategy that we did last summer so as not to upset the balance of the squad too much, the only other transfer I could see would be in the forward line.

If we're making the step up to Champions League next year, or want to be consistently in the top 4/5, we're going to need another option at centre forward to Watkins. That doesn't necessarily mean a like-for-like no. 9 replacement, but someone at an elite level who could play all across the forward line, as a second striker and/or deputise for Ollie if required. Think Son to Kane at Spurs for the 4-5 years they were regularly in Europe. 

I have high hopes that Rogers will be that guy long term but it would be too much to ask him to do that next year, week in week out. Therefore I could see us potentially letting Duran go or loaning him out to a bottom half team in the PL, and spending Diaby-money on another elite attacker who can play the second striker role.

I don't think this would eat into Diaby's space either - having both him and Bailey as our out-and-out winger options seems a better fit for his skillset and within Emery's system.

This transfer might also mean Buendia's spot could be in jeopardy, but sadly I don't think you can ask him to come in after an entire season out and do that role - at most, he's an option off the bench/cup games/rotation. And might be one (along with Digne or Moreno) that we flip for 10m to free up some cash.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #433 on: April 24, 2024, 03:06:20 PM »
I think a quiet summer for everyone would suit us more than most tbh. I'd be more confident in our ability to strengthen on a relatively low budget than I would be in, say, Manchester United or Chelsea.

Really don't think we need much on top of our current squad to have a good push at the title next season. Maybe a top notch right back; Diabs to really start hitting form; Mings, Buendia, Kamara, and Ramsey back ... we'd have a damn good side

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #434 on: April 24, 2024, 03:29:44 PM »
As others have mentioned and assuming no unexpected sales and full recovery from the injuries, RB and Defensive Midfield is the main weakness areas in the squad. Fill those and we can have quality cover in pretty much any spot other then Watkins, but it is harder for us to get someone there who will put pressure on Watkins / will be happy playing second fiddle behind him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal