collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Chap
[Today at 09:29:17 AM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by darren woolley
[Today at 09:28:50 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by Baldy
[Today at 09:26:37 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Clampy
[Today at 09:21:40 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by Baldy
[Today at 09:19:49 AM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Max Villan
[Today at 09:17:32 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by nigel
[Today at 08:39:02 AM]

NSWE Investment by IFWaters
[Today at 08:36:11 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: West Ham v Aston Villa post match  (Read 14342 times)

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: West Ham v Aston Villa post match
« Reply #315 on: March 19, 2024, 08:42:47 AM »
It's not exactly a surprise VAR takes so long when the rule is so complicated.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #316 on: March 19, 2024, 09:09:59 AM »
There was also a lot to look at. Offside, handball by Bowen, handball by Soucek, did the ball go straight in off Soucek or hit Bowen first, and then the foul.

Gallagher seemed to indicate they checked the offside first, then worked their way backwards on each of the others. I expect the first two were definite so if one counted, on-field ref is not needed. Then the Soucek handball and foul on Konsa are subjective so needed to ensure they had video to send to the ref for clear and obvious decisions.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #317 on: March 19, 2024, 09:29:53 AM »
It's all very long winded and boring. From Moyes' nonsensical ''were due a few handball goals'' to over examining West Wimbledon's piles of Uruk Hai scrambling around on the goal line trying to fist the ball over the line. It looked as ridiculous as their free Tory crony stadium.

Rule the goal out.

Offline Rotterdam

• GM : 06.03.2025
« Reply #318 on: March 19, 2024, 11:10:00 AM »
There was also a lot to look at. Offside, handball by Bowen, handball by Soucek, did the ball go straight in off Soucek or hit Bowen first, and then the foul.

Gallagher seemed to indicate they checked the offside first, then worked their way backwards on each of the others. I expect the first two were definite so if one counted, on-field ref is not needed. Then the Soucek handball and foul on Konsa are subjective so needed to ensure they had video to send to the ref for clear and obvious decisions.

Darren Cann was in yesterday with our u18s. He was open to discussing the above and agreed the right decision was made. The ref was sent to the monitor because the goal was initially given and VAR suggested otherwise.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #319 on: March 19, 2024, 11:19:14 AM »
For all the wheres and wherefores of the VAR decision and whether it was correct by the letter of the law, the fact of the matter is, it benefitted us, and thereby it is morally correct, which overrides anything you'll find in the laws of the game.

CASE CLOSED

*bangs gavel*

(yes, yes, I know they don't).

Offline Drummond

« Reply #320 on: March 19, 2024, 11:40:09 AM »
For all the wheres and wherefores of the VAR decision and whether it was correct by the letter of the law, the fact of the matter is, it benefitted us, and thereby it is morally correct, which overrides anything you'll find in the laws of the game.

CASE CLOSED

*bangs gavel*

I bet they have the Union FLag behind when they do(n't)

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #321 on: March 19, 2024, 11:43:54 AM »

CASE CLOSED

*bangs gavel*

Probably upside down as well.

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #322 on: March 19, 2024, 02:15:14 PM »

CASE CLOSED

*bangs gavel*

It was a reference to the gavel. I am pretty sure that (the fact they don't use them in British courts) has been one of those "aha, yes, but" things on here before.

Offline Drummond

« Reply #323 on: March 19, 2024, 02:18:10 PM »

CASE CLOSED

*bangs gavel*

It was a reference to the gavel. I am pretty sure that (the fact they don't use them in British courts) has been one of those "aha, yes, but" things on here before.

I know, I was just referencing your (very similar topic re flags) post of yesterday....

Offline pauliewalnuts

« Reply #324 on: March 19, 2024, 02:22:59 PM »
Gotcha!

Offline Drummond

« Reply #325 on: March 19, 2024, 02:25:16 PM »

Online brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #326 on: March 19, 2024, 08:06:18 PM »
Aside from the VAR decisions, I thought our efforts defending those set pieces was piss poor. Their goal was appalling too, Rogers turning his back on the cross, Torres again caught behind the defensive line (same v Fulham for the late Traore chance) and Antonio scores.

Crosses are coming into our box too easy lately, see that Fulham goal or Man United winner. We are giving away set pieces too easy, stupid Luiz foul for the late VAR incident for example. Konsa gave away a ridiculous free kick for one of the Luton goals too. Even with 3 x CBs we can't defend them either. Discipline in and out of possession needs to improve, Wolves will target set pieces for sure.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #327 on: March 19, 2024, 08:18:50 PM »
Aside from the VAR decisions, I thought our efforts defending those set pieces was piss poor. Their goal was appalling too, Rogers turning his back on the cross, Torres again caught behind the defensive line (same v Fulham for the late Traore chance) and Antonio scores.

Crosses are coming into our box too easy lately, see that Fulham goal or Man United winner. We are giving away set pieces too easy, stupid Luiz foul for the late VAR incident for example. Konsa gave away a ridiculous free kick for one of the Luton goals too. Even with 3 x CBs we can't defend them either. Discipline in and out of possession needs to improve, Wolves will target set pieces for sure.

Grim reading about a team in 4th place.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #328 on: March 19, 2024, 09:26:40 PM »
I did hear about a team who got a set-piece coach in and the improvement in defending them was almost immediate. I listen to so many podcasts about this shit I can’t for the life of me remember who it was, but maybe we need one. AM seems okay at the attacking ones.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #329 on: March 19, 2024, 09:57:23 PM »
Have we scored from many set pieces this season ? We seem to try lots of different innovative deliveries but I can't remember too many going in. Torres at Spurs springs to mind.
Watkins header at Luton too.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 10:07:36 PM by VillaTim »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal