collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Skerra
[Today at 11:28:45 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Ajax - Post-Match Thread  (Read 9518 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Aston Villa v Ajax - Post-Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2024, 10:22:13 PM »
The Athletic say it was McGinn who decided to swap ends.

Yep. He won the toss and indicated as much when the ref asked him what he wanted to do. Was this being debated anywhere here?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 11:36:30 PM by Percy McCarthy »

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2024, 10:36:51 PM »
MOTM is between Pao and Rodgers for.me

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2024, 10:49:04 PM »

They played well but MacGinn was my MOTM.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2024, 11:14:17 PM »
I wasn't impressed by either of them, very anonymous almost invisible.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #199 on: March 15, 2024, 11:16:09 PM »
The Athletic say it was McGinn who decided to swap ends.

Can't remember who kicked off. If they swapped us round we would have kicked off, and vice versa I guess
We kicked off so obviously our captain decided to attack HE FH.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2024, 06:51:48 AM »
The translated view from Holland, from Algemeen Dagblad:-

Ajax's disastrous season gets a new chapter with a defeat at Aston Villa in the Conference League

A dramatic Ajax ended the disastrous season in European context in complete 'style'. Due to four goals conceded, a red card and three injuries, the team from Amsterdam ended up with a shameful score against Aston Villa: 4-0.

About 2,100 Ajax fans travel back to the Netherlands after yet another poor performance by their club, knowing that they have nothing to look forward to this season, but only something to fear. The number five of the Eredivisie kept pace with the number four of the Premier League at the swirling Villa Park, but after a disastrous second half, they have to take even more serious account of an annoying barrage in the form of play-offs at the end. of the season.

This was also seen by Alex Kroes, the new general manager who, a few hours before his official first working day started, was able to see not on a screen but from an English stadium how far his club had slipped in terms of sport. If he wrote down action points, one sheet of paper would not have been enough for him. It is possible to note down names that can still be used after this season to help shape a new successful team.

In summary, Kroes must provide a team that will have killer instinct on both sides. And not, as was the case for almost a year and a half, only for the enemy's goal, or as was the case in the 5-4-1 formation, only for our own goal. But just like against Fortuna Sittard, that defensive stability also turned out to be short-lived.

Offline HolteL4

« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2024, 09:59:16 AM »
Bloody hell you miserable bunch 😂

They just trying to build up atmosphere. Itw as really poor esp in 1st half tbh

I didn't mind the yipiee bit, but as been said the darts like nicknames was cringeworthy. Also if they want to build the atmosphere pre match start with turning the bloody music down

Offline HolteL4

« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2024, 10:02:51 AM »
The Witton Lane side was closed so all home fans had to leave via Trinity Rd side, it was heaving in the Holte Car Park.

bizarre foot traffic management from West Midland's finest. Directed those in the Doug Ellis down Yew Tree Road then blocked the bottom of the road and tried to filter everyone into Witton Station - most of which were Ajax. They then had to let the Villa fans climb over the front of the police vans to get into Witton Road to get away. Could of turned ugly if the Ajax lot had been so minded - luckily they weren't and everyone just moaned about how bad it was.

To be fair to West Midlands finest there was repeated announcements during the game that Witton was for Ajax fans and for Villa fans to use Aston.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2024, 10:12:32 AM »
The Witton Lane side was closed so all home fans had to leave via Trinity Rd side, it was heaving in the Holte Car Park.

bizarre foot traffic management from West Midland's finest. Directed those in the Doug Ellis down Yew Tree Road then blocked the bottom of the road and tried to filter everyone into Witton Station - most of which were Ajax. They then had to let the Villa fans climb over the front of the police vans to get into Witton Road to get away. Could of turned ugly if the Ajax lot had been so minded - luckily they weren't and everyone just moaned about how bad it was.

To be fair to West Midlands finest there was repeated announcements during the game that Witton was for Ajax fans and for Villa fans to use Aston.

Which made getting on at Witton a lot easier for those who took no notice.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2024, 10:45:37 AM »

Which made getting on at Witton a lot easier for those who took no notice.

What a scamp.

Offline martin o`who??

• Apparently I am my own worst enemy.
« Reply #205 on: March 16, 2024, 04:15:51 PM »
With the caveat that you can only play whats in front of you, we played well but they were a poor side i thought. I've got a load of respect for Dutch football but that was a poor representative of it. Cruyff must be turning in his grave. Jhon Duran reminds me of that twat at Liverpool - if he ever learns to calm the fuck down in front of goal he could be some player.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2024, 04:21:55 PM »
‘That twat at Liverpool’ could be referring to most of their squad and management. Can you narrow it down?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal