collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa song lyrics  (Read 4675 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Villa song lyrics
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2024, 03:40:54 PM »
I can't stand the Thursday night one. Obviously every recent Villa chant has to have a 'fucking' in it (two for the Couthinho effort).

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2024, 03:44:17 PM »
That’s catchy.

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2024, 03:55:06 PM »
I see all the Grandads are out in force today. Come on everyone, at least da yoots are being a bit more original with songs and lyrics than we have been in years.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2024, 04:58:06 PM »
I see all the Grandads are out in force today. Come on everyone, at least da yoots are being a bit more original with songs and lyrics than we have been in years.

Just because they are young does not make it any less shit and have you seen some of the "yoots" that follow us??

It does not even rhyme and the input of Jamaica at the end is just plain ridiculous.

Surely there has to be a better song that EVERYONE (including us grandads) can join in with-  he deserves to have a full VP bellowing out a song for him not just a few spotty coke fuelled Herberts

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2024, 05:09:57 PM »
I still love the prospect of this one that someone came up with, but sadly it appears to be far too complicated and rhyming ‘Night’ with ‘Night’ 3 times is the absolute height of what we can hope to achieve (although Tbf the Matty Cash one is pretty involved so why not?)

Super Leon Bailey the Jamaican wing magician
Running down the wing he’s gonna scare the opposition
Flies last one and glides past 2 you know he’s on a mission
Super Leon Bailey the Jamaican wing Magician
(Um diddle diddle diddle un diddly aye….)

Seriously - this would be brilliant!

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2024, 05:42:54 PM »
I can't stand the Thursday night one. Obviously every recent Villa chant has to have a 'fucking' in it (two for the Couthinho effort).

Yeah, they could tone it down a bit.

He's romantically nourishingly magic.......  ;)

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2024, 11:21:27 PM »

Just because they are young does not make it any less shit and have you seen some of the "yoots" that follow us??

It does not even rhyme and the input of Jamaica at the end is just plain ridiculous.

Surely there has to be a better song that EVERYONE (including us grandads) can join in with-  he deserves to have a full VP bellowing out a song for him not just a few spotty coke fuelled Herberts

There was a good song for him which fell by the wayside, sadly. It was “You to me are everything, the finest winger I have seen, oh Bailey” to the Real Thing song. It was sung a lot at Chelsea away in one of his first games and pockets of the Holte when he scored his first goal against Everton but I think it dropped off when he flitted in and out of the team. Much better than the Shakira one.

Similarly, when we were promoted there was the Tyrone Mings song to 3 Little Birds and 18 months ago Boubacar Kamala to Rhythm is a Dancer. Both were good but faded out of use. I haven’t heard the Zaniolo song in a good while now either.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2024, 11:23:36 PM »
I am embarrassed to say there are a good few of new songs that I am struggling to get he lyrics to.

The Leon Bailey one and there is a SUE one both I can hear but cannot figure out the lyrics

Any help would be appreciated

SUE one is "Here's to you Unai Emery. Villa loves you more than you will know"

Clearly based on the lyrics of Mrs Robinson but sung to a different tune for some reason!

I thought it was the same tune, but just sped up by a factor of a hundred lol

You’re right it is way too fast, like  a cassette being mangled. it is also slightly out of tune!

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2024, 11:56:54 PM »
“I’m losing my edge, the kids are coming up from behind” or are they? The Waka Waka song by Rhianna is from 2010,  I’ve never knowingly heard it before. The Mrs Robinson song was written in 1967, like most of a certain vintage I’ve heard it over a thousand times at least. That’s a difference of 43 years between songs. A Grandad and Grandson combination perhaps?

Offline jon collett

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2024, 09:48:06 AM »
I am embarrassed to say there are a good few of new songs that I am struggling to get he lyrics to.

The Leon Bailey one and there is a SUE one both I can hear but cannot figure out the lyrics

Any help would be appreciated

SUE one is "Here's to you Unai Emery. Villa loves you more than you will know"

Clearly based on the lyrics of Mrs Robinson but sung to a different tune for some reason!

I thought it was the same tune, but just sped up by a factor of a hundred lol

You’re right it is way too fast, like  a cassette being mangled. it is also slightly out of tune!

And it has a really weird wooo-ooh at the end that is nothing like S&G or Lemonheads.

Presumably we have just nicked the song off another club and somewhere along the line it lost all contact with the original. with the people singing it having no idea what tune it was supposed to be too.

Mind you I can remember when Villa, Villa, Villa was actually sung to Amazing Grace rather than screeched.

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2024, 10:49:47 AM »
I'd love to hear it sung like that again. I think I saw a vid via this site where it was being sung in the League Cup triple game against Everton. Makes the hair on your beck stand up.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2024, 11:38:30 AM »
I really dislike the Bailey one.

Little AV and her little sis were v interested when I mentioned post Forest I’d read but not hear, tthere had been a bit of Waka waka mangling.

I missed that entire 2014 World Cup (and us postponing our own circling the toilet pan for another season), being up a mountain on my 4 month ordination retreat *, but have been submerged in it so often in the last year or two I have to confess a slight fondness. If it gets then paying attention during the match I’m for it!

*I’ve probably shared before my slight anxiety at missing England finally doing something at a WC and a senior teacher (a football fan) at our ordination training centre very quickly and wisely stating, well you have no reason to worry about missing England doing well do you?

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2024, 11:40:22 AM »
I much preferred ‘right side give us a song, right side right side give us a song.’

"The right side, the right side"

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2024, 01:03:22 PM »
My favourite player song has to be the one we had for Dwight Yorke - Perfection!

As for the Bailey song, yep, it's garbage. Can't believe we haven't adapted a Bob Marley song... How about Three Little Birds - Surely something could be done with that? It's got the Jamaican link too??

eg.
Leon Baaailey, down the wing,
And every little thing, is gonna be alright..... 
...plus some more lines which I'm not talented enough to come up with!   

*would be quite apt for Thursday, as don't Ajax play that Marley tune?

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2024, 01:17:31 PM »
Little AV and her little sis were v interested when I mentioned post Forest I’d read but not hear, tthere had been a bit of Waka waka mangling.

I missed that entire 2014 World Cup (and us postponing our own circling the toilet pan for another season), being up a mountain on my 4 month ordination retreat *, but have been submerged in it so often in the last year or two I have to confess a slight fondness. If it gets then paying attention during the match I’m for it!

Shakira was 2010 for South Africa.

2014 was you'll recall, We Are One by Pitbull and Jennifer Lopez.

Me neither.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal