collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Club anthem?  (Read 7511 times)

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: Club anthem?
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2024, 04:34:07 PM »
If it’s got to be Black Sabbath, then Paranoid is the choice for me. However, Have you ever seen the rain would be brilliant.
I'd go with Neon Knights myself - the singer then supported Villa as much as Ozzy did!

That's always irked me. Geezer is the only real Villa fan so it should be a Sabbath somg at the very least.
While I do like that idea I think what we're after is a tune the fans can belt out.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #76 on: February 29, 2024, 04:36:21 PM »
I'm an old fart but I'd have Theme from an Unmade Silent Movie, followed by a rousing chorus of The Bells are Ringing.

I know it'll never happen , but it would make me happy.

Agree.

Theme From and Unknown Silent Movie, it is what I grew up with. Whilst we are at it bring back the floodlight pilons.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #77 on: February 29, 2024, 04:37:43 PM »
Whenever I'm out with the lads Have You Ever Seen The Rain by CCR gets played full volume and it goes:  "i wana know have you ever seen the rain coming down on Villa Park"  It fits perfectly but anyone reading this who doesn't know the song won't have a clue what we're on about.
I'm an old git and know the song and would gladly join in with it. But, why at Villa Park? - is there some relevance to it or is it just a random pick?
I don't actually know but Villa Park just works with the lyrics. It's really good to sing along to and I guess it's a way of incorporating Villa into it.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #78 on: February 29, 2024, 05:08:55 PM »
Another vote for ‘The sun never sets’ by Spizzenergi/ Spizzoil/ Athletico Spizz 80/Spizzles

Offline Charlie8182

« Reply #79 on: February 29, 2024, 05:21:09 PM »
Pretty much anything to replace Hi Ho Aston Villa - to me its a Wolves song and I appear to be in a minority at home games surrounded by happy clappers when it comes on, so who am I to argue.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #80 on: February 29, 2024, 05:26:17 PM »
Another vote for ‘The sun never sets’ by Spizzenergi/ Spizzoil/ Athletico Spizz 80/Spizzles
Woh-oh Aston villa
Gra-ver-ley hill riviera
Holte Enders live forever
The sun never sets on Aston Villa

Offline Villan82

« Reply #81 on: February 29, 2024, 05:36:41 PM »
Have had 'The sun never sets' stuck in my head since somebody mentioned it last night.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2024, 06:48:42 PM »
Whenever Vila fans have a discussion like this it's always middle-aged heavy metal fans who seem to shout loudest wanting Ozzie or Sabbath.  We've got that now and it's ok in that it's a loud noise, but it's a million miles from a club anthem and I honestly imagine it just passes most people by.  I certainly don't sit there and recognise it as a club song.

I'm not middle aged and I think this is perfect. It's not loud noise. Listen to it. It's an anthem.

As Villa fans we dream of better days.

Perfect imo.

Offline selly park trinity

• GM : Jan, 2014
« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2024, 06:59:07 PM »
My 7 year old loves crazy train and is always playing it on Alexa and is getting into Ozzy and sabbath because of it. If it’s changed he won’t like it!

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2024, 10:15:14 PM »
I remember the Bells are Ringing was tried as a walkout song a decade ago and it lasted about 5 games as the remake just wasn't very good.

We just don't have one so it would feel very manufactured to come up with anything unless it was for charity and it caught the imagination of the fanbase.

Holte Enders in the Sky is at least a unique chant we have that the majority are happy to sing every matchday so perhaps something could be created from that?

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #85 on: February 29, 2024, 10:20:40 PM »
Blue Moon is recognised as a Man City anthem but the part they sing is no longer than HEITS to be fair.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #86 on: March 01, 2024, 12:56:09 AM »
I remember the Bells are Ringing was tried as a walkout song a decade ago and it lasted about 5 games as the remake just wasn't very good.

We just don't have one so it would feel very manufactured to come up with anything unless it was for charity and it caught the imagination of the fanbase.

Holte Enders in the Sky is at least a unique chant we have that the majority are happy to sing every matchday so perhaps something could be created from that?

I think we should get a Johnny Cash tribute act to record it complete with the the three Villa-related verses. No-one would sing all that but I’d definitely listen to it on Spotify.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #87 on: March 01, 2024, 05:38:31 AM »
Ozzy songs are not Sabbath songs though, Geezer is the Villa fanatic.
If the connection is Villa related it should be a Sabbath tune when Geezer was with them, (various periods to really screw things around) :-)

Offline avfc_1874

« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2024, 08:53:06 AM »
My opinion is biased, being an electronic music fan. But I love what Feyenoord do.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2024, 03:55:46 PM by avfc_1874 »

Offline nigel

« Reply #89 on: March 01, 2024, 10:10:37 AM »
Pretty much anything to replace Hi Ho Aston Villa - to me its a Wolves song and I appear to be in a minority at home games surrounded by happy clappers when it comes on, so who am I to argue.

Have to say I love that song. It’s never really been a Wolves song for me.
I associate The Liquidator with them more.
In the 70’s I used to go to a disco in Bournville and other places and it was always played for the Villa vrs Blues chants. I’m pretty sure it was sang at both grounds back then too.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal