collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Forest Post Match Thread.  (Read 13679 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Forest Post Match Thread.
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2024, 08:31:23 AM »
One thing I didn't like in the clip was the foreshadowing for their goal.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2024, 08:35:40 AM »
I love that goal. The only problem I have with it is the same thing I thought as I watched it from the stand. How clumsy does Cash look in the box? I sat there thinking, well this ain't going anywhere...

The reality is that I am getting used to how good Bailey is in the box on that side, and they're night and day. Cash looks like a schoolboy fumbling to undo a bra compared to Bailey looking like the Fonz clicking his fingers.

It's not a criticism of Cash, it's just making me appreciate just what we have in Bailey.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2024, 08:47:14 AM »
I love that goal. The only problem I have with it is the same thing I thought as I watched it from the stand. How clumsy does Cash look in the box? I sat there thinking, well this ain't going anywhere...

The reality is that I am getting used to how good Bailey is in the box on that side, and they're night and day. Cash looks like a schoolboy fumbling to undo a bra compared to Bailey looking like the Fonz clicking his fingers.

It's not a criticism of Cash, it's just making me appreciate just what we have in Bailey.

To be fair though, have you seen how out of sorts Bailey looks in our box?! :)

I think Cash has been great since Konsa's injury. We look superb on our right side, where the majority of chances seem to come from. Cash and Bailey are a great partnership, especially against the 'lesser' teams.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2024, 10:22:55 AM »

To be fair though, have you seen how out of sorts Bailey looks in our box?! :)

I think Cash has been great since Konsa's injury. We look superb on our right side, where the majority of chances seem to come from. Cash and Bailey are a great partnership, especially against the 'lesser' teams.

I agree 100%, Cash has been good recently.  I think it’s obvious in the long term that Unai will want to upgrade him with a player who is more comfortable with the ball as Cash’s touch isn’t the greatest but he is 100% every game and a valuable team player.

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2024, 11:41:36 AM »
For those who haven’t seen it on X. Be careful, it’s absolute filth:

https://x.com/avfcofficial/status/1762075938148237587?s=46&t=GdM6cpVxe5IloByNCRheWA

Brilliant! Wonder why they didn't show that on MOTD???

Tielemans didn't touch it.

Watkins plays it to him, doesn't he?

Yep, he didn't half.

Also love that Doug's first touch of the ball in this move was on the edge of our own box. His second was to twat it into the bottom corner.

I thought it was a cracking goal when seeing it live but didn't realise all eleven had touched the ball. It would definitely get a bit more fanfare if it was Man City or Liverpool. But we know and that's all that really matters.

Yeah, in the match thread I asked if anyone counted the passes as it had gone from a goal kick and backwards and forwards - it seemed like about fifty passes at the time!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal