collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:19:37 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Re: Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Re: FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 06:25:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Champions League Contention  (Read 153963 times)

Offline Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
Re: Champions League Contention
« Reply #2400 on: April 16, 2024, 02:45:54 PM »
I think Maddison is a cracking player, who would add to pretty much any squad in the premier league.  I also think he's a bit of a twat.  The two are not mutually exclusive.  I'd hoped we were in for him last summer, but I think we've done perfectly well without him.

It's interesting to think that if he was available this summer I'd still be interested, but I don't think he walks into our first team.  His international future is probably buggered though, as he's just an older, not quite as good Cole Palmer.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #2401 on: April 16, 2024, 03:50:10 PM »
We massively need athletico madrid to win. Theybhave a very slender lead agajnst dortmund. Veey tough place to go

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2402 on: April 16, 2024, 05:13:03 PM »
We massively need athletico madrid to win. Theybhave a very slender lead agajnst dortmund. Veey tough place to go

Let us dream of Athletico next season . All the discipline needed and hope lessons learnt for John McGinn, Douglas Luiz, Diego Carlos, Emi Buendia, Tyrone Mings and Jhon Duran, Ezri Konsa and of course Emi Martinez when tasked with facing them!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2403 on: April 16, 2024, 05:19:13 PM »
Yeah I think for Spurs fans they're in a bit of a moment of disillusion. Getting Champions League is more important for us than for them - they're established at a certain level with respect to revenues and reputation, and we're trying to establish that for ourselves.

However, as mentioned a few times, the changes to the CL this season just means you can be 24th out of 36, and can still continue in Europe with a two legged match to determine either CL or Europa. So you could get the boosted money in the Champs league, and then still have the glory chase for silverware in the lower competition second half of the season.

Potential teams for next year should be:
Inter, Milan, Juventus, Roma, Bologna,
Leverkusen, Bayern, Stuttgart, Dortmund/ Leipzig, (Depends on 4th/5th finish and coefficient)
Citeh, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa/Spurs, (Depends on 4th/5th finish and coefficient)
Real, Barca, Girona, Athletico
PSG, brest, Monaco, Lille (although 4th place has to play a qualifying round win).
PSV, Feynoord, Twente /Alkmaar (Depending on 3rd place finish and qualifying round win)
Sporting, Benfica (runners-up plays a qualifier)
Union St Gilloise, Anderlecht, (runners-up plays a qualifier)
Celtic, Rangers (runners-up plays a qualifier)
Salzburg, SturmGraz. (runners-up plays a qualifier)

That list alone is close to 33 teams. I think we can easily finish halfway up a league containing them even only playing 8 of them once.

Thinking more about Champions League - well Villa are likely to play  a league winner due to pots and seedings.
So it's fair to expect a match vs Real Madrid, PSG, or Inter Milan!

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2404 on: April 16, 2024, 05:28:51 PM »
With spurs anyone noticed how maddsions forms dipped? He seems to be a player that thrives when teams doing well but when they doing shit he seems to go hiding and throws tantrums

That's because he's an absolute wanker.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #2405 on: April 16, 2024, 05:42:26 PM »
With spurs anyone noticed how maddsions forms dipped? He seems to be a player that thrives when teams doing well but when they doing shit he seems to go hiding and throws tantrums

😂😂😂😂😂

I love your posts lee 😂

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2406 on: April 16, 2024, 05:45:07 PM »

😂😂😂😂😂

I love your posts lee 😂

You're too kind brother.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #2407 on: April 16, 2024, 06:41:37 PM »
When Lesta really needed their better players to come to the party in the final third of last season he pissed the bed.

Not just underwhelming performances (like Yuri, in fairness). But presenting clear cut chances to the opposition.

A flake.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2408 on: April 16, 2024, 07:17:19 PM »
Yeah I think for Spurs fans they're in a bit of a moment of disillusion. Getting Champions League is more important for us than for them - they're established at a certain level with respect to revenues and reputation, and we're trying to establish that for ourselves.

However, as mentioned a few times, the changes to the CL this season just means you can be 24th out of 36, and can still continue in Europe with a two legged match to determine either CL or Europa. So you could get the boosted money in the Champs league, and then still have the glory chase for silverware in the lower competition second half of the season.

Leverkusen, Bayern, Stuttgart, Dortmund/ Leipzig, (Depends on 4th/5th finish and coefficient)
Citeh, Arsenal, Liverpool, Villa/Spurs, (Depends on 4th/5th finish and coefficient)
PSG, brest, Monaco, Lille (although 4th place has to play a qualifying round win).
PSV, Feynoord, Twente /Alkmaar (Depending on 3rd place finish and qualifying round win)

That list alone is close to 33 teams. I think we can easily finish halfway up a league containing them even only playing 8 of them once.

Thinking more about Champions League - well Villa are likely to play  a league winner due to pots and seedings.

It will be two from pot one. So could be two league winners out of the 9 in there. And I'm guessing like normal, country rules stop two teams from the same country so Liverpool and Citeh would be ruled out if they were. We might be pot 3 or 4 because of the lack of European games until this year as well.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #2409 on: April 16, 2024, 07:21:35 PM »
Imagine villa vs rangers or celtic at villa park that would be some game

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2410 on: April 16, 2024, 07:25:04 PM »
No thanks

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #2411 on: April 16, 2024, 07:27:17 PM »

Oh, not them again!

Online Chris Harte

« Reply #2412 on: April 16, 2024, 07:30:20 PM »
We need to beat Bournemouth and Chelsea more, in my opinion. Beat them pair and we'll be nine points clear of Spurs before they kick another ball. Imagine that.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2413 on: April 16, 2024, 07:35:38 PM »
We need to beat Bournemouth and Chelsea more, in my opinion. Beat them pair and we'll be nine points clear of Spurs before they kick another ball. Imagine that.

If we win our next two games, we'll be 9 points clear of Tottenham.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #2414 on: April 16, 2024, 07:42:42 PM »

If we win our next two games, we'll be 9 points clear of Tottenham.

That’s what he said isn’t it?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal