collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Away Tickets - What's the magic?  (Read 27791 times)

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
Re: Away Tickets - What's the magic?
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2023, 10:41:06 AM »
Is it people who have a the criteria (and already having a ticket) buying for mates?  By this I mean as they have the criteria they can log onto the site and add tickets to their basket before the deadline, then complete the purchase at the deadline whilst others are trying to log on?

I'm not sure if it works this way, just guessing.
I certainly know of someone who does this.

Offline frank black

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2023, 10:55:20 AM »
I often wondered how folks can afford to go to all these away games, then I realised that they don’t, they pick and choose and sell the spares. I don’t blame em for using “the system” to their advantage as I imagine you can’t pick and choose without losing your history.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2023, 10:56:52 AM »
You're talking about a tiny minority. The folks milling around in Alkmaar are the same people you see everywhere.

Offline frank black

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2023, 10:58:53 AM »
Maybe they should allow people an allotment of so many away games a season (I dunno 6 max maybe) vouchers they can use for whatever games they wish. This could then mean more tickets for other fans. Just thinking out loud here, feel free to pick this apart 😂 im sure it’s got more holes than a colander

Offline frank black

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2023, 11:00:09 AM »
You're talking about a tiny minority. The folks milling around in Alkmaar are the same people you see everywhere.

Mm dunno about that of the mates I know that go away there isn’t t one that doesn’t pick and choose. I’m sure you have the regulars too

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2023, 11:04:02 AM »
For me, the website went straight from 'On Sale Soon' to 'Sold Out'

Annoying because I'm up in that there London anyway that weekend

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2023, 11:18:00 AM »
I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but when watching a game and the cameras pan in on our away support, I am often surprised by the number of teenagers in groups, and wonder how it is that they have been apparently able to acquire the right to tickets over as many seasons as would be required. As I say, not necessarily a bad thing, but just wondering.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2023, 11:35:18 AM »
It's a vicious circle of miss one and you miss a lot more. There's no easy answer - you can't exactly tell someone who hasn't missed a match for decades that they have to give someone else a chance now.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2023, 11:36:45 AM »
I've entered the ballot for Spurs.

Has anyone here ever been successful via that route ?

Offline sid1964

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2023, 11:42:52 AM »
i entered the ballot for Bournemouth, I have previously entered the ballot a fair few times with no luck.

I do know someone who won a ticket through the ballot last season

Online Nii Lamptey

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2023, 11:58:15 AM »
It's a vicious circle of miss one and you miss a lot more. There's no easy answer - you can't exactly tell someone who hasn't missed a match for decades that they have to give someone else a chance now.

Fans that go to ALL games but miss the odd one a season would still be top of the list in priority sales though Dave. That's not the issue.

The issue is the fuck tonne of fans who buy them up to stay top of the pile, then sell them on to their crack head mates. Saw someone posting on here about spares for Bournemouth... Any spares should go back into the pot, and the fan that originally bought that ticket should get that allocation chalked off their booking history, to make it fair for all fans, and not such a locked off exclusive club.

It will still give preference to fans that go to nearly all away games, but fairer for everyone else who can only get to a smattering of away days due to cost/work commitments.

There was uproar about checking ID on matchdays against purchased tickets. Some of it warranted, as it would make it a bit of a pain trying to get into the ground, but the biggest opposition to it would have been the arseholes who sell the tickets on, as they'd rightly get exposed.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2023, 12:05:56 PM »
Is that really a major problem? Most of the time spares on here are down to unforeseen work/family commitments.

Online Nii Lamptey

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2023, 12:09:47 PM »
Is that really a major problem? Most of the time spares on here are down to unforeseen work/family commitments.

For people who are next in line, frustrated at the inability to get away tickets, I'd say yes it is a problem. Unless it's so last minute, they can't be refunded/resold, they should absolutely go back into the pot imo.

Offline Bully2345

« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2023, 12:22:55 PM »
I think Villa are trying to get on top of the situation by bringing in rules and bans for selling tickets on. They will probably never say but it would be interesting to know how many people have been caught. There will always be people trying to play the system and I'm quite happy to see them caught if they are playing it.

The rules don't seem particular onerous, in my experience. The caveat is that I only ever have had to upload a photo and reassign my home ticket if I can't make it.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2023, 12:35:57 PM »
Is it people who have a the criteria (and already having a ticket) buying for mates?  By this I mean as they have the criteria they can log onto the site and add tickets to their basket before the deadline, then complete the purchase at the deadline whilst others are trying to log on?

I'm not sure if it works this way, just guessing.
I certainly know of someone who does this.
I think this is what has been happening and the club seem to be trying to fix it for Bournemouth. 

To give everyone eligible under today's window the same chance of securing a ticket, the AFC Bournemouth game will be temporarily taken off sale at 1pm.

The game will go back on sale at 5pm when the new window opens. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal