collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v HŠK Zrinjski Mostar Post-Match Thread  (Read 11550 times)

Offline Skerra

Re: Aston Villa v HŠK Zrinjski Mostar Post-Match Thread
« Reply #225 on: October 06, 2023, 08:10:28 PM »
I still think that Unai should start with our strongest team and then change things around when we’ve got a good lead. The lads that came on at half time yesterday had to do as much work as in 90 minutes to try to get us the win.

Offline AV84

« Reply #226 on: October 06, 2023, 08:15:36 PM »
I still think that Unai should start with our strongest team and then change things around when we’ve got a good lead. The lads that came on at half time yesterday had to do as much work as in 90 minutes to try to get us the win.

That was the plan against Everton though, and it backfired when players had to stay on to try to chase the game, and we still lost.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #227 on: October 06, 2023, 10:30:55 PM »
Yes, but we started an under strength team v Everton in the cup game as well.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #228 on: October 07, 2023, 07:50:58 AM »

It's not always guaranteed that we will build up a good lead though. I can understand why you are suggesting it  but we also do need to use our squad players as well.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #229 on: October 07, 2023, 10:17:56 AM »

It's not always guaranteed that we will build up a good lead though. I can understand why you are suggesting it  but we also do need to use our squad players as well.

Liverpool did something similar to that strategy on Thursday. Started with Salah and Nunez and took them off at half time even though they were only winning by one goal scored just before half time. From the text on the BBC, it almost backfired as Union had some good chances. Although they still had Diaz and Jota on the pitch second half so didn't lose that much attack.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #230 on: October 07, 2023, 10:40:41 AM »

We also had to bear in mind that this team came back from 3 goals down in their last game! We could have been 3 nil up, took our best players off…..
Whereas this way, we had better players to bring on when it wasn’t working out.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #231 on: October 07, 2023, 10:52:36 AM »
Could have swore at one point with the rhythm of the chant that they were singing ‘just a small town in Walsall’ - made me chuckle as no doubt they weren’t.

Bit like when we play Newcastle. You can kinda guess what they're singing, from the tune, but no idea what words they are saying.

A Bosnian acquaintance was interpreting them as chanting 'We very much admire your Lower Grounds food & beverage offering and wish we were allowed to pay through the nose for something similar in our war torn homeland'

Why is it that everyone in that part of the world wants to be part of a slightly different part of the world?

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2023, 10:57:26 AM »
Could have swore at one point with the rhythm of the chant that they were singing ‘just a small town in Walsall’ - made me chuckle as no doubt they weren’t.

Bit like when we play Newcastle. You can kinda guess what they're singing, from the tune, but no idea what words they are saying.

A Bosnian acquaintance was interpreting them as chanting 'We very much admire your Lower Grounds food & beverage offering and wish we were allowed to pay through the nose for something similar in our war torn homeland'

Why is it that everyone in that part of the world wants to be part of a slightly different part of the world?

I'm in that part of the world. That could explain it.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2023, 11:25:28 AM »
Agree with this. The second half team put a shift in.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2023, 07:55:46 PM »
Also, I think a lot of comments on here would have been different had we only drawn that match. Depends how much Unai wants to avoid having yet another 2 fixtures added to our schedule. If not, he needs to start strongest team for the 2 games against AZ. If we could win those 2 then it’ll hopefully free him up to see out the last 2 matches utilising the full squad.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal