collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan)  (Read 175446 times)

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan)
« Reply #2355 on: March 18, 2024, 02:08:45 PM »
He would have to have a really storming finish for us to make it permanent, especially given the FFP stuff. But he'll have his pride as much as anything else - he's nowhere near as bad as he's shown at times this year, fuck knows what's been going on, and he'll want to demonstrate that he's got more.

He has a good brain for football (if not for betting etc) and he's scored a couple of good goals.

Mentally, I think he's struggled, he's not playing every week, having been star performer before, he's got the betting thing hanging round his neck, he's in a new country, third in a year in fact, and has a new language to learn.

There are signs he's got it, but they have been far too infrequent.

Think you must be right about the betting thing and the adaptation thing. He's always been temperamental, and people like that often have pretty wild swings in confidence.

I've previously made the joke that he misses, I don't know, watching Sanremo and calling croissants 'brioches' and overpriced Autogrill panini, but I actually think it's probably true. He needed a break from Italy after the melodramatic departure from Roma, but I suspect he'll go back now, and probably be much happier and better.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2356 on: March 18, 2024, 02:15:16 PM »
I know it hasnt worked per se but I like the bloke and am still convinced he will 'Savo' us a massive goal in the games to come.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2357 on: March 18, 2024, 02:35:47 PM »
We've seen it with other players before, they're almost trying too hard to make things happen, without relaxing just playing their game.

He's so determined to make a difference he just charges about getting involved, see also Duran, and they appear like a car crash waiting to happen, yet show some fabulous touches too.

Buendia is another who can be guilty of the same. All three are players who start waving their arms around if things aren't going their way.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2358 on: March 18, 2024, 02:58:42 PM »
Mediterranean and Latin flair and temperament, it's an important part of life.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #2359 on: March 18, 2024, 07:17:22 PM »
He will score a screamer before he's gone and it will be vitally important.

INSIGHT!

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2360 on: March 18, 2024, 07:41:26 PM »
What's with the yellow-card-per-game thing? I don't get it.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2361 on: March 18, 2024, 09:26:29 PM »
What's with the yellow-card-per-game thing? I don't get it.

He has gotten 7 yellows in 20 league appearances. It is more impressive in a card every 90 minutes of playing time or so.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2362 on: March 19, 2024, 10:00:02 AM »
He doesn’t hide or go missing and is always heavily involved with the action
a lot of what he’s done hasn’t come off but some important stuff has

I think he’s been a net gain so far in the sense that if we never took him on loan we might not be in as good a position as we currently are

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2363 on: March 19, 2024, 11:06:04 AM »
He seems to be clumsy, both in controlling the ball and defensively - coupled with his enthusiasm that has led to a lot of fouls and yellows.

He looks like he could come good, but it feels unlikely that it will be for us.  I'd still probably start him over Rogers at the moment though.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #2364 on: March 19, 2024, 11:47:55 AM »
The 2 x point saving goals against Sheff United and Wet Spam could prove to be invaluable at the end of the season.

Would love him to hit form but playing bit parts means that is always going to be a struggle.

Offline john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #2365 on: March 19, 2024, 12:47:12 PM »
He seems to be clumsy, both in controlling the ball and defensively - coupled with his enthusiasm that has led to a lot of fouls and yellows.

He looks like he could come good, but it feels unlikely that it will be for us.  I'd still probably start him over Rogers at the moment though.

Have to say I was not against him coming on for Rogers on Sunday

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2366 on: March 19, 2024, 01:37:48 PM »
The 2 x point saving goals against Sheff United and Wet Spam could prove to be invaluable at the end of the season.

Same with Diaby. His form has been poor at times, but those late assists in the last 2 away games meant another 3 valuable points.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2367 on: March 19, 2024, 02:01:27 PM »
For the minutes he's had, directly winning two points is not great and not terrible. But he hasn't had more minutes cos he hasn't been good enough so I think people are being kind to him.

I would have expected much more input from Buendia/a different signing to Zaniolo instead of him.

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2368 on: March 19, 2024, 03:31:42 PM »

INSIGHT!
It's  going to be in the final. He will celebrate by ripping his shirt off and whirling it round his head whilst shushing the home end. For this he'll receive a 2nd yellow and be off, down the tunnel, never to be seen again. They will write songs about him that our grandchildren will sing.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2369 on: March 19, 2024, 04:21:39 PM »

INSIGHT!

It's  going to be in the final. He will celebrate by ripping his shirt off and whirling it round his head whilst shushing the home end. For this he'll receive a 2nd yellow and be off, down the tunnel, never to be seen again. They will write songs about him that our grandchildren will sing....

...to the tune of Nel blu, dipinto di blu.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal