collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Monty
[Today at 09:17:46 AM]

The Lerner years by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:15:22 AM]

Champions League 2024-2025 by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 09:00:20 AM]

Euro 2024 by Dave
[Today at 08:51:38 AM]

Enzo Barrenechea - nearly signed by Drummond
[Today at 08:49:13 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 08:07:58 AM]

The International Cricket Thread by manic-road
[Today at 07:59:41 AM]

New Shirt Sponsor by Drummond
[Today at 07:42:51 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Monty
[Today at 09:17:46 AM]

Re: The Lerner years by dave.woodhall
[Today at 09:15:22 AM]

Re: The Lerner years by darren woolley
[Today at 09:13:19 AM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 09:12:16 AM]

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:08:55 AM]

Re: FFP by Mr Diggles
[Today at 09:03:57 AM]

Re: FFP by brontebilly
[Today at 09:02:34 AM]

Re: Champions League 2024-2025 by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 09:00:20 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NicolÚ Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan)  (Read 194952 times)

Offline LukeJames

Re: NicolÚ Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan)
« Reply #1770 on: December 03, 2023, 04:12:09 PM »
I have no idea what he's supposed to be good at? Hes a big bloke but weak as piss and loses every 50/50. Got a run out today in his supposed prefered position, and he arguably looked worse.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1771 on: December 03, 2023, 04:15:19 PM »
It was an almost comically bad performance today.

Offline taylorsworkrate

« Reply #1772 on: December 03, 2023, 04:22:35 PM »
Just don't see it with him. He's slow, weak on the ball, doesn't work hard enough and his end product is none existent. He has the occasional nice touch but thats about it

Online brontebilly

• GM : 13.06.2025
« Reply #1773 on: December 03, 2023, 04:23:59 PM »
Loan cancelled by mutual consent very soon I expect.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1774 on: December 03, 2023, 04:31:01 PM »
Loan cancelled by mutual consent very soon I expect.

I wouldn't go that far.

But what I would say is that he's only ever getting the ball with back to goal, which a) is never going to show him at his best, and b) is indicative of a player with basically zero self-confidence right now. A shadow of the player I've seen.

Offline AV84

« Reply #1775 on: December 03, 2023, 05:04:01 PM »
I watched the Italy Ukraine game last week and kept an eye on him throughout and he just looked completely disconnected from the rest of his team. Obviously it's different players and a different set up, so who knows what he's told to do there, but he looked like someone who wasn't on the same page as everyone else, or maybe he's told to just do what he feels like? Whatever it is I could see all the things people on here are always saying about him.

I don't think he's so bad that he's a liability or anything but he's not really adding a lot at the moment, other than being an extra body that allows someone a break every now and then.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1776 on: December 03, 2023, 05:06:10 PM »
I watched the Italy Ukraine game last week and kept an eye on him throughout and he just looked completely disconnected from the rest of his team. Obviously it's different players and a different set up, so who knows what he's told to do there, but he looked like someone who wasn't on the same page as everyone else, or maybe he's told to just do what he feels like? Whatever it is I could see all the things people on here are always saying about him.

I don't think he's so bad that he's a liability or anything but he's not really adding a lot at the moment, other than being an extra body that allows someone a break every now and then.

Yeah I watched that game too, noticeably strange-looking. Seems like his concentration and self-belief have just been ravaged.

Offline AV84

« Reply #1777 on: December 03, 2023, 05:19:24 PM »

Yeah I watched that game too, noticeably strange-looking. Seems like his concentration and self-belief have just been ravaged.

He was off the screen half the time when they were attacking, like he was just standing so far wide that nobody could see him. He did show some lovely control a few times but didn't do anything with the ball once he had it. Did well to keep the ball in at one point when he headed it back across goal but other than that a very nothing performance.

Based off the few videos I've seen of him before signing for us it does look like there's something not right rather than him just being a rubbish player. He did say in an interview when away with Italy there that it was taking him some time to adapt to the game here but he sounded positive about it.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #1778 on: December 03, 2023, 05:35:30 PM »
He needs to go back to Turkey, very poor. His early shot was Tonevesque.

He has had months to show us something, anything, and now he's getting worse every time he steps on the pitch. Needs to be replaced in January. Feel sorry for the lad, but that's the reality of the situation.

Offline DrGonzo

« Reply #1779 on: December 03, 2023, 05:57:53 PM »
"Tonevesque" the best thing to come out of this sad situation.

Offline Aldridge Villa

« Reply #1780 on: December 03, 2023, 06:10:16 PM »
Had plenty opportunity to extol virtues, virtues of which I havenít yet seen come to fruition. Bench on Wednesday.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1781 on: December 03, 2023, 06:19:11 PM »
He obviously a very good footballer but he just seems to unbalance us a bit when he plays.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1782 on: December 03, 2023, 06:22:27 PM »
I wonder if the off field stuff is playing a part.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1783 on: December 03, 2023, 06:25:16 PM »
I was excited when he joined - (not that I had heard of him), but when I read up on him - it was clear there was a lot of hype when he was a Roma and he's a full international for Italy.  He sounded like he could be a gem - with the right coaching.

But at the time I had a nagging Ross Barkley feeling about him.  Which has only intensified.

Like Ross Barkley, I am still convinced that he can't be quite as bad as he has been - but he has had so many chances - and for where we are now, I don't think we can afford to hope for him to come good.  I guess as long as Unai still gives him chances, I have hope - but given how FFP seems to be an actual real thing for non-exempt clubs - I don't think we should buy him.  Given that, I feel we should send him back if we can get someone else on loan until little Emi is back.  At least that person might contribute

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1784 on: December 03, 2023, 07:19:10 PM »
Now Ramsey is back we wonít see him much at all. No way will we buy him on current performances.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal