collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by PeterWithe
[Today at 08:06:23 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by jwarry
[Today at 08:04:36 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by N'ZMAV
[Today at 07:57:28 AM]

NSWE Investment by Clampy
[Today at 07:36:01 AM]

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan)  (Read 175441 times)

Offline Goldenballs

Re: Nicoló Zaniolo
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2023, 11:03:32 AM »
Loan with an option seems like a great deal, can't really lose.

Was the loan fee mentioned at about €3m?

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2023, 11:06:02 AM »
He's a midfielder isn't he? Certainly knows where the back of the net is and seems to have lots of composure.

One of those between-the-lines type. A bit attacking midfielder, a bit wide-forward, but not really a winger or a striker.

Has a bit of the Kai Havertz about him I reckon.

100%. i don't necessarily think that's a good thing though...

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2023, 11:11:04 AM »
He's a midfielder isn't he? Certainly knows where the back of the net is and seems to have lots of composure.

One of those between-the-lines type. A bit attacking midfielder, a bit wide-forward, but not really a winger or a striker.

Kai Havertz is a very good player. He’s going through a dip in form that’s all. If this player is as good or anywhere near as good we’ll have a big asset in the squad.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2023, 11:22:10 AM »

Kai Havertz is a very good player. He’s going through a dip in form that’s all. If this player is as good or anywhere near as good we’ll have a big asset in the squad.

It's not even really his form, it's misuse.

He was great in Germany playing in a similar way to how Lampard played for Chelsea. They then signed him and started trying to play him like Drogba used to play for Chelsea.

Maybe someone really clever has seen something that means he'll be a great central striker one day, but I'm not seeing it.

Offline Villatillidie25

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2023, 11:36:39 AM »

It's not even really his form, it's misuse.

He was great in Germany playing in a similar way to how Lampard played for Chelsea. They then signed him and started trying to play him like Drogba used to play for Chelsea.

Maybe someone really clever has seen something that means he'll be a great central striker one day, but I'm not seeing it.

I don't disagree with any of that, he was awesome in Germany. I think there needs to be a legitimate concern with Havertz that either his confidence is shot or he can't adjust to the pace/quality of the Premier League. Regardless, with Emery and Monchi, hopefully Zaniolo won't suffer from either of those concerns!!

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2023, 11:46:02 AM »
Time to dust down one of my favourite facts - only 1 Italian player has won the Premier League.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2023, 11:52:50 AM »
Loan with an option seems like a great deal, can't really lose.

Was the loan fee mentioned at about €3m?

€4M I believe

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2023, 11:54:31 AM »
Time to dust down one of my favourite facts - only 1 Italian player has won the Premier League.

Cudicini?

Offline AV84

« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2023, 11:55:37 AM »

Zaniolo could become the first person to win the Europa Conference twice (I think)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2023, 11:55:46 AM »
Balotelli

Online KNVillan

• GM : 11,08,2024
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2023, 11:56:10 AM »

“Why Always Him”…

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2023, 12:17:01 PM »
Romano has updated the deal terms.

Nicolò Zaniolo will be in Birmingham on Wednesday to undergo medical tests as Aston Villa player 🟣🔵🇮🇹

Loan move from Galatasaray with buy option clause; could become mandatory under certain conditions.

Total potential package worth €30m plus add-ons.

The purchase option that could become mandatory, I imagine will be if he plays a set amount of games.

Which is a smart compromise from both clubs.

£26m in total is a good price.

Its fascinating watching Romano during this potential transfer & how much his details of the deal have changed.

He is a transfer "goal hanger"...
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 12:37:51 PM by pablo_picasso »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2023, 12:18:20 PM »

It would be even better if it was true!

Balotelli and Cudicini.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2023, 12:23:08 PM »
I could be wrong but I thought that Cudicini didn't play enough games to be given a medal the years Chelsea won the league while he was there.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2023, 12:47:20 PM »
Interesting piece on him here from Roma fans, Risky business.

That was an interesting read.

Sounds like he had a maturity issue at Roma. The Galatasaray fan I speak to has said that he has worked on this during his time in Turkey & he had no complaints about his attitude. For all the beauty within Turkey I imagine the quality of their league was a bit of a humbling experience for a player of Zaniolos quality.

The great thing from all of those comments on the link is that they say he is very skilful, very strong physically, not afraid to put himself about, works his arse off & even after the two knee injuries he could become a regular Champions League starter quality player.

On the flip side, they did say that he could have been a generational player were it not for his two knee injuries that stopped his development for almost two years & the fact that he tried too hard to be spectacular when he came back to prove he was the same player, instead of doing the simple things.

And I think there must have been a level of frustration there that sapped his confidence.

But then again, if he could have been a "generational player", then we wouldn't be talking about bringing him to Villa, even with the upward trajectory of our club both on & off the field.

If we can get him, & Emery can work his magic, like he has done with Douglas Luiz for example, then he could become a very very useful player to have in the squad.

I wanted the signing before I read that link (& read between the lines a little through the disappointment of those Roma fans), but after reading it, I REALLY want us to sign him now...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal