collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

The Lerner years by Exeter 77
[Today at 09:08:19 AM]

I know none of you care but ........ (the Baseball thread) by UK Redsox
[Today at 09:04:16 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Somniloquism
[Today at 09:00:30 AM]

Jhon Durán - signed by cdward
[Today at 08:49:27 AM]

Tim Iroegbunam by tomd2103
[Today at 02:22:11 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:31:55 AM]

Kits 24/25 by cdbearsfan
[June 18, 2024, 11:04:42 PM]

Premier League 2024/25 fixtures by The Edge
[June 18, 2024, 10:14:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Other Games - 2023/24  (Read 1164733 times)

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
Re: Other Games - 2023/24
« Reply #24975 on: May 26, 2024, 09:06:11 PM »
Poor Leeds.  8)

They're going to get poorer. They owe £190m of installments on transfer fees they've paid in their Premier League years, and have £2m in transfer fees coming in to offset that.

If they have done this sort of thing again, they deserve to get fucked over & drop into the conference league over the next few year, lol...

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #24976 on: May 26, 2024, 09:09:16 PM »
Looking at the photos in todays' paper. doesn't look like Prince George was very happy yesterday, a true Villa fan didn't want Man United to win!

He looked delighted meeting Grealish. He'd have him back at VP in a heartbeat, I reckon.

It's because he realises that without Super Jack we wouldn't have been promoted or have stayed up, and that without the £100m we received for him, we wouldn't have the players we do now. Prince George knows his footie.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #24977 on: May 26, 2024, 09:14:11 PM »
It was great Leeds didn't go up. However, I'm always a bit sceptical when there's talk of clubs financially imploding if they don't get promotion or whatever. We were promised the Tescos would be liquidated if they didn't go up three years ago or whatever and not only are they still here, they're still challenging for promotion.

Another reason Southampton are more welcome: they're going straight back down. I could imagine Leeds surviving through media wanking alone. Nobody cares whether Southampton survive or not, not even Southampton fans.

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #24978 on: May 26, 2024, 09:15:51 PM »
Poor Leeds.  8)

Indeed. They bet the farm on promotion so expect a fire sale at Elland Road. As for their plans of stadium development, file with St Andrews@Dickhead Park.
Them and Birmingham could ground share

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #24979 on: May 26, 2024, 09:17:26 PM »
Looking at the photos in todays' paper. doesn't look like Prince George was very happy yesterday, a true Villa fan didn't want Man United to win!

He looked delighted meeting Grealish. He'd have him back at VP in a heartbeat, I reckon.

It's because he realises that without Super Jack we wouldn't have been promoted or have stayed up, and that without the £100m we received for him, we wouldn't have the players we do now. Prince George knows his footie.

Grealish is done at City. Barely used in the run-in, couldn't get a sniff in a final they were losing when the team had been on the pop for the last week. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot bargepole.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #24980 on: May 26, 2024, 09:21:01 PM »
It was great Leeds didn't go up. However, I'm always a bit sceptical when there's talk of clubs financially imploding if they don't get promotion or whatever.

There's been no talk of financial implosion. But it's pretty certain that they're about to go into a world of selling their James Milners and getting in Tom Cleverely on loan.

To put it in Villa terms.

Offline AV84

« Reply #24981 on: May 26, 2024, 09:25:33 PM »

Grealish is done at City. Barely used in the run-in, couldn't get a sniff in a final they were losing when the team had been on the pop for the last week. I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot bargepole.

Really? Because I was dead serious about George wanting him back.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #24982 on: May 26, 2024, 09:27:51 PM »

Really? Because I was dead serious about George wanting him back.

Making a separate observation, mon ami.

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #24983 on: May 26, 2024, 09:46:06 PM »

He's got 3 years left of his contract on monster wages . He won't walk away for a lower wage . So it's  not us taking him back.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #24984 on: May 26, 2024, 09:52:51 PM »
Keinan Davis scored Udinese's winner that kept them up against Frosinese.

That Soule kid we have been linked with played too. He was on the periphery of the game tbh, but had a couple of good moments. He got subbed cos he had a stomach issue. He didn't seem too happy to be subbed though.

Online Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #24985 on: May 26, 2024, 10:05:09 PM »

He's got 3 years left of his contract on monster wages . He won't walk away for a lower wage . So it's  not us taking him back.
No ones picking up his wage bill. So I reckon he's going out on loan. Possibly in Europe but equally possibly in the premier league where Citeh can continue to contribute to his wages and he can play in every game except the ones against Citeh. I think Newcastle or Spuds are likely destinations.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #24986 on: May 26, 2024, 11:12:09 PM »
Awww Leeds lost. That's such a shame. I feel so sorry for them. Staying down together.

Tyrone Mings, he's Champions League, Tyrone Mings, he's Champions League.

Just been explaining to my son why I (and therefore he) hates them so much. Because “they abuse Tyrone Mings non-stop for being a successful, articulate black man who uses his voice, just like you will be when you grow up son.”

Just overheard him explaining this to his mate on his X-box now as they play FIFA.

“I don’t even like Southampton but Leeds fans are racist.”

Back of the net.

What happened here? (I get the main jist but the specifics are escaping me)

Leeds fans’ non-stop serenading of our Ty when we play them. You must have noticed?

No, I get that, I meant the stuff about them "abusing him for being a successful, articulate black man who uses his voice". I don't remember, or never knew, what happened to start it. Was it from the BLM movements?

Yes, he was a strong advocate of taking the knee, and also spoke out against Braverman. I think some racists are prepared to tolerate black people who ‘know their place’, but if they talk too much it’s  a different matter.

See also Graeme Souness, still to this day the worst Coach Benfica ever hired, the racist scumbag. He hates Tyrone for speaking out and as you say, should 'know his place'.

I look forward to the day Tyrone is presenting Match of the Day. Before then he's got a few medals to collect with Villa.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #24987 on: May 27, 2024, 12:50:01 AM »
The only way you could make Leeds more dislikeable (OK it's  mostly their fans) would be to put them in royal blue shirts. I only have one positive memory if Leeds fans and that was a single one of them applauding the Villa supporters' coaches as they left Wembley in 1986.

Well they did used to wear Blue (and Yellow) shirts.

A friend of a friend designed those blue Leeds shirts for Admiral. The family were all noses but had a healthy dislike of Brady as she was not easy to deal with.

He brought me a Blues shirt to Paris when he was staying with our mutual mate. I left it on the floor of the bar we were in.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #24988 on: May 27, 2024, 12:55:58 AM »
Keinan's winner tonight plus looking fit AF as he whips his shirt off (2mins in):

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #24989 on: May 27, 2024, 02:57:03 AM »
Awww Leeds lost. That's such a shame. I feel so sorry for them. Staying down together.

Tyrone Mings, he's Champions League, Tyrone Mings, he's Champions League.

Just been explaining to my son why I (and therefore he) hates them so much. Because “they abuse Tyrone Mings non-stop for being a successful, articulate black man who uses his voice, just like you will be when you grow up son.”

Just overheard him explaining this to his mate on his X-box now as they play FIFA.

“I don’t even like Southampton but Leeds fans are racist.”

Back of the net.

What happened here? (I get the main jist but the specifics are escaping me)

Leeds fans’ non-stop serenading of our Ty when we play them. You must have noticed?

No, I get that, I meant the stuff about them "abusing him for being a successful, articulate black man who uses his voice". I don't remember, or never knew, what happened to start it. Was it from the BLM movements?

Yes, he was a strong advocate of taking the knee, and also spoke out against Braverman. I think some racists are prepared to tolerate black people who ‘know their place’, but if they talk too much it’s  a different matter.

See also Graeme Souness, still to this day the worst Coach Benfica ever hired, the racist scumbag. He hates Tyrone for speaking out and as you say, should 'know his place'.

I look forward to the day Tyrone is presenting Match of the Day. Before then he's got a few medals to collect with Villa.

He's nowhere near bland enough to present MOTD.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal