collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Three in a row  (Read 1549 times)

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Three in a row
« on: May 30, 2023, 11:27:57 PM »

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
Re: Three in a row
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 11:29:52 PM »
What's "Tarquin" in Brummie parlance? We don't have them in Brum, or the vast shires, do we?

Offline Skerra

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 02:59:31 PM »
Spot on Nev, better service should be standard and not have to pay extra for it.
Also, they could do with turning the volume down when they play that dirge when the players come out.
Oh, and while I’m at it, proper wi-fi inside the ground would be very welcome!

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 06:37:53 PM »
Agree with this Nev.  The Holte View in particular was a stitch up.  The queues for the remaining toilets were twice as long against Brighton.  As logically I'm sure we all expected them to be as the had closed the Holte View ones down for the game.

So glad we all asked for better facilities.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 08:47:32 PM »
Good piece Nev, agree particularly about the Holte being targeted for corporatisation, us Holte End rabble are just not shiny enough.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2023, 09:03:11 PM »
As someone said somewhere, it's all about upselling. It'll be like Ryanair soon - buying a ticket will just be the start. A couple of quid extra for priority entrance and food sales, ten for a programme and drink deal, three to get into the Holte View post-match. We've got to increase our income streams in order to compete.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2023, 12:46:51 AM by dave.woodhall »

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2023, 10:18:16 AM »
As someone said somewhere, it's all about upselling. It'll be like Ryanair soon - buying a ticket will just be the start. A couple of quid extra for priority entrance and food sales, ten for a programme and drink deal, three touchdowns get into the Holte View post-match. We've got to increase our income streams in order to compete.

I accept this.  But I would have thought a very good starting point for the Holte would have been actually putting on enough quality catering to cover the demand.  There's so many pounds staying in people's pockets simply because they can't get served.  I reckon they could probably double the catering sales just by being better at it than they are now.  Low hanging fruit and all that.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2023, 11:44:26 AM »
As someone said somewhere, it's all about upselling. It'll be like Ryanair soon - buying a ticket will just be the start. A couple of quid extra for priority entrance and food sales, ten for a programme and drink deal, three touchdowns get into the Holte View post-match. We've got to increase our income streams in order to compete.

I accept this.  But I would have thought a very good starting point for the Holte would have been actually putting on enough quality catering to cover the demand.  There's so many pounds staying in people's pockets simply because they can't get served.  I reckon they could probably double the catering sales just by being better at it than they are now.  Low hanging fruit and all that.

Couldn't agree more. I just bring a packed lunch and drinks now, because the waiting time is just unbearable with a child in tow, even on my own I can't be arsed hanging about.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2023, 11:49:40 AM »
It's that small time thinking, again and again and again, and it's not just us, it's everywhere.

"We're not making enough money"

"Put the prices up then"

Arseholes.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2023, 12:14:18 PM »
Fix the product (service), and get loads more business.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2023, 12:15:31 PM »
Fix the product (service), and get loads more business.

Yep.

You already have the customers in the bloody door.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal