collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Victorious Aston Villa (and passports!) 2 - Brighton 1 Post Match Thread  (Read 20395 times)

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
I've forgotten this about Ryan Mason, what did he do?

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024

I wouldn't put it all on Mason as this video shows the incident (sort of) and how the Ref was treating the sides with incidents that should / could be reds.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c

I wouldn't put it all on Mason as this video shows the incident (sort of) and how the Ref was treating the sides with incidents that should / could be reds.

That is the most lively he has ever been 

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
Well, I'm still hanging I don't know about anyone else?

Over the weekend I had a bit of a "Wembley" feeling about Sunday, there just seemed to a buzz about the game even without a trophy on offer. I've never seen so many Villa colours in Town, the sound of singing coming out of the pubs was something unusual as well.
I couldn't watch the last 15 minutes, I paced up and down the concourse, trying to gauge the game via the fan reaction. Post match away from Villa Park it seemed slightly subdued and reminded me of the play off final. After a long hard season we achieved what we dreamed of and everyone almost appeared to be in a bit of a daze.

And now the season has gone. What usually turns out to be a bit of relief is now replaced with a slight sense of loss. Roll on August, roll on some new signings and roll on returning to Villa Park in just 17 days time for Bruce.

Offline Meanwood Villa

Was that the match where they won it with a massive deflected free kick at the end? Hopefully we're into a 90s type run of beating them all the time.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Was that the match where they won it with a massive deflected free kick at the end? Hopefully we're into a 90s type run of beating them all the time.

Was Gerry Francis their manager who said "thank god we only have to play them twice a season"?

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
Finally sobered up and went (just about) back to work in the city centre of brum.

Wolves fan skulked around and avoided me until lunchtime when I smiled and he rolled his eyes - howse that "gap" coming I used to hear so much about?

The office nose. Ah..the poor sad bastard - 'lots of villa fans think they've qualified for the Champions league the way they're celebrating'. No my dear Neanderthal, its celebrating a win, a victory on a terrific end to the season and a European adventure to come. Did I mention that we've taken points off 18 of 19 Premier league teams this season? Or successive wins at home not equalled since 1993?

I sat with Remy jnr in the Upper Trinity and the noise and singing was all game long. The atmosphere was amazing. The outpouring of happiness at the final whistle. Hi Ho Aston Villa ringing in my ears.

New kit coming
New badge coming
150th Anniversary coming
New Stand coming
New players incoming
Deadwood departing

Long live the 'Emery era' - creating a dynasty. His tenure bookended by a magnificent victory on start off with the shellacking of a Manure side. Then an end game to qualify against a very good Seagull side.

Oh and my goodness, is MOTD absolutely crap in its insight and analysis. I want my fucking tv licence fee back. The passionate vlogs on YT now put this lot to shame.

Popped the radio on the way back to our fav curry house in Handsworth and "Im all emotional.....can't believe it.....how did we concede 5 to Arsenal.....hahahahahaha"

An absolute perfect Villa-at-home- day. Long may days like this continue.

Offline Pete3206

The custard bowl dweller at work avoided me like the plague today.

Offline KinPer

Over the weekend I had a bit of a "Wembley" feeling about Sunday, there just seemed to a buzz about the game even without a trophy on offer. I've never seen so many Villa colours in Town, the sound of singing coming out of the pubs was something unusual as well.
I couldn't watch the last 15 minutes, I paced up and down the concourse, trying to gauge the game via the fan reaction. Post match away from Villa Park it seemed slightly subdued and reminded me of the play off final. After a long hard season we achieved what we dreamed of and everyone almost appeared to be in a bit of a daze.

And now the season has gone. What usually turns out to be a bit of relief is now replaced with a slight sense of loss. Roll on August, roll on some new signings and roll on returning to Villa Park in just 17 days time for Bruce.
I haven't been at the stadium, as I'm in another country, but the closing match of the season is almost always the most interesting one. I've experienced similar emotions too. And I congratulate the Villa fans for the achievement :) I've been watching Villa matches for a long time and I like the team's game. So I decided to register on the forum, hello everyone!

Online astonvilla82

I haven't been at the stadium, as I'm in another country, but the closing match of the season is almost always the most interesting one. I've experienced similar emotions too. And I congratulate the Villa fans for the achievement :) I've been watching Villa matches for a long time and I like the team's game. So I decided to register on the forum, hello everyone!
Hello hello hello

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024

Welcome!

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Ah here we go. Get into Europe the glory hunters show up.

Kidding KinPer welcome to the party. We are all scarred from the past number of decades of mostly ineptitude. So hopefully your experience is a much smoother and pleasant ride.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Enjoy Kin Per

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.

Yes Bruce in 17 days!
I'm really looking forward to being on the pitch aswell.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
Must be our best % of wins in Prem era.

Equal to 92/93, but that was over a 42 game season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal