collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations  (Read 95176 times)

Offline adrenachrome

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations
« Reply #1035 on: March 29, 2024, 09:43:04 PM »
Have to take into account that people in Brum don’t get London wages either.
Exactly this .

There are plenty of people in the West Midlands who earn decent money.

Yes, London is awash with cash, but it's not like that means everyone else subsists on baked beans and scratchcards.

That's true, but if you walk through most of the main towns of Brum, it's a fucking disaster. Count the Vape Shops and Nail Bars.

Even Worcester has gone to fuck.

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1036 on: March 29, 2024, 10:41:31 PM »
Exactly this .

Yes, London is awash with cash, but it's not like that means everyone else subsists on baked beans and scratchcards.

That's true, but if you walk through most of the main towns of Brum, it's a fucking disaster. Count the Vape Shops and Nail Bars.

Even Worcester has gone to fuck.
Those shops are all fronts for drug laundering money, add Turkish barbers to this list and baby reveal shops. Anyway that's probably for another thread.

In terms of pricing if we'd run some trophies already I'd be a bit more understanding of this hyper inflation model, but we haven't so it feels premature.

Online Skerra

« Reply #1037 on: March 30, 2024, 12:09:02 AM »
Paulie, can only speak for myself but my pension doesn’t get me that far in London or Brum come to that. I was there when Villa could nowhere fill the ground but, alas, if they go ahead with 10% or more increases, my long, long support at the ground will have to sadly come to an end. So, not because I don’t want to renew my season ticket but rather being priced out of it.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #1038 on: March 30, 2024, 12:56:27 AM »
Paulie, can only speak for myself but my pension doesn’t get me that far in London or Brum come to that. I was there when Villa could nowhere fill the ground but, alas, if they go ahead with 10% or more increases, my long, long support at the ground will have to sadly come to an end. So, not because I don’t want to renew my season ticket but rather being priced out of it.

I think there is a limit as well where some people will say that they aren't going to pay a certain price whether they can afford it or not. 

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1039 on: March 30, 2024, 01:35:54 AM »
Exactly this .

And briquettes.

Online Skerra

« Reply #1040 on: March 30, 2024, 11:25:45 PM »
And for the 3rd match running, due to health issues, my brother has not been able to attend and, for the 3rd match running, none of our 30,000 on the waiting list wanted to take the seat up!! Does make you wonder.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1041 on: March 30, 2024, 11:34:02 PM »
And for the 3rd match running, due to health issues, my brother has not been able to attend and, for the 3rd match running, none of our 30,000 on the waiting list wanted to take the seat up!! Does make you wonder.

Single seats though innit.

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #1042 on: March 30, 2024, 11:36:20 PM »
Saw Heck today milling about . Much shorter than I imagined . Didn't get chance to speak with him .

Online Skerra

« Reply #1043 on: March 30, 2024, 11:56:06 PM »
Paulie, if I was on the 30,000 waiting list, I’d bust a gut for the seat. I’m not that big so one seat would be well enough for me!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #1044 on: March 31, 2024, 12:15:31 AM »
Only tickets showing as available yesterday and this morning was LG/TV types. I also saw someone that couldn't go today saying the club hadn't made their seat available to buy through the resale option.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1045 on: March 31, 2024, 09:12:19 AM »
Only tickets showing as available yesterday and this morning was LG/TV types. I also saw someone that couldn't go today saying the club hadn't made their seat available to buy through the resale option.
They don’t unless the LG TV sell out.

Online Skerra

« Reply #1046 on: March 31, 2024, 10:12:51 AM »
Thanks for those replies. Makes a bit of sense to me now as, I also noticed there were another 3 empty seats immediately to my right and also a few in the rows in front and behind. So, if that’s the case, my brother may just as well give his ticket away if he can’t make certain matches, as they’re never going to sell out those more expensive areas. Not a great look for the Club as it would seem that unless people are willing to stump up a hefty amount, they would rather have empty seats, whilst also depriving others on the waiting list a chance of attending games, and, of course, no money back to the original season ticket holder who can’t make the match for whatever reason.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1047 on: March 31, 2024, 10:22:18 AM »
Paulie, if I was on the 30,000 waiting list, I’d bust a gut for the seat. I’m not that big so one seat would be well enough for me!

I think it’s more complex than that. I’m more likely to buy a season ticket than I am go to a match last minute through the resale thing and buy a seat on my own - I genuinely can’t imagine ever doing that for anything that wasn’t a cup final or some such.

Offline purpletrousers

• GM : 25.04.2025
« Reply #1048 on: March 31, 2024, 10:37:14 AM »

I’m confused, are the club accepting tickets back to be re-sold on the grounds of it being a (normal prices) sell out, but then not putting them up for re-sale, because there are o er priced options they wish to sell first?

Apart from the madness of empty seats which is obviously happening (chap next to me just isn’t savvy enough to do it, but can imagine the next pair along might, but sat next to 4 empty seats in the family zone)

My above summary can’t be right, or if it is, IT’s NOT RIGHT!!
(and they might even be breaching their own resale stuff???)

Agreed single tix less attractive but eg if KO time doesn’t suit my little one/s I might pass on a pair and pick up a single…

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #1049 on: March 31, 2024, 10:45:12 AM »
I thought it was in the T&Cs that the club only has to offer your returned ticket for sale if they have sold out?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal