collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 07:13:14 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:09:39 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 07:06:40 PM]

Bristol Villa fans by The Edge
[Today at 06:55:20 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 06:50:36 PM]

Champions League Contention by olaftab
[Today at 06:36:06 PM]

VAR by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:35:46 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 06:20:06 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: H&V Goal of the Season  (Read 3207 times)

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
Re: H&V Goal of the Season
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2023, 12:11:56 PM »
FV, with the best will in the world, it might be best to drop this one!

Yes let's move on we can all see the winners and losers in this. Only trying to explain those who deem it uppity for others who showed foresight in getting goal of the season.
I don't get all the jealousy I didn't get it right either but at least I can applaud those that did.

Thanks Monty. You're someone who is able to have a reasonable discussion without trying to ridicule or dismiss. Nothing more for me on this, then.

Let us remember how great that goal was and the feeling it gave us and those who have the ability to see his goal were able to feel it was the best Well done again to them and, of course, Bert!

Up The Villa.

Out of interest, Footy - do you see this thread vote as people predicting who they think will win the official award? Or do you see it as people voting which one they prefer themselves?

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #46 on: May 25, 2023, 12:12:39 PM »

Yes let's move on we can all see the winners and losers in this. Only trying to explain those who deem it uppity for others who showed foresight in getting goal of the season.
I don't get all the jealousy I didn't get it right either but at least I can applaud those that did.

Thanks Monty. You're someone who is able to have a reasonable discussion without trying to ridicule or dismiss. Nothing more for me on this, then.

Let us remember how great that goal was and the feeling it gave us and those who have the ability to see his goal were able to feel it was the best Well done again to them and, of course, Bert!

Up The Villa.

This is not what I was saying FV, I'm glad you find me reasonable but you mustn't put words in my mouth like that, it's not on. I was just saying that maybe it might be for the best if you didn't, how shall we put it, lean in to the antagonism with people on seriously trivial matters!

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2023, 12:29:12 PM »

Up The Villa.

Out of interest, Footy - do you see this thread vote as people predicting who they think will win the official award? Or do you see it as people voting which one they prefer themselves?
I find it hard to differentiate that as separate entities and see them both as one connected. It's OK I'm not going to talk about it anymore.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2023, 12:32:15 PM »

Up The Villa.

This is not what I was saying FV, I'm glad you find me reasonable but you mustn't put words in my mouth like that, it's not on. I was just saying that maybe it might be for the best if you didn't, how shall we put it, lean in to the antagonism with people on seriously trivial matters!
I'm getting flustered and confused as now again as it not coming across how I saying as I didn't realise I was putting words in your mouth.
I also seem to misunderstanding and misunderstood things being written or at least interpretation is clearly different.
I will give some peace to my mind and to others
Apologies for whatever I did incorrect.

Please can we move on topic now
Sorry to the forum for all the extra. 

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2023, 12:33:20 PM »
That's OK FV, we all get a bit worked up on here sometimes!

Online Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #50 on: May 25, 2023, 12:33:44 PM »
Yup, no need to apologise!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #51 on: May 25, 2023, 02:33:07 PM »
I thought it was charming and harmless, a bit gauche and naive if being harsh. But overall, a positive force.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2023, 02:40:04 PM »
if you didn't vote for my choice you are wrong, so there.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2023, 08:22:58 PM »
I've just found and read this thread.

*Gif of that Grandad Simpson character walking in through the revolving door and straight back out again.*

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal