collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by Nev
[Today at 05:39:45 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:32:19 PM]

Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:28:11 PM]

Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:27:35 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:25:54 PM]

Joe Gauci - Signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:25:04 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by ChicagoLion
[Today at 05:22:42 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 05:39:45 PM]

Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:32:19 PM]

Re: FFP by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:31:28 PM]

Re: Robin Olsen by AV84
[Today at 05:29:05 PM]

Re: Season Tickets - 2023/24 by Lastfootstamper
[Today at 05:28:11 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:27:35 PM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by astonvilla82
[Today at 05:25:54 PM]

Re: Joe Gauci - Signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 05:25:04 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kits 23/24  (Read 149801 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: Kits 23/24
« Reply #2160 on: March 19, 2024, 01:07:26 PM »
The adidas logo on the National shirts for Euros is a bit big!

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2161 on: March 19, 2024, 01:31:13 PM »
The adidas logo on the National shirts for Euros is a bit big!

Agreed, looks awful and is placed too far to the right.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2162 on: March 19, 2024, 01:31:23 PM »
The boys modelling the purple;

https://x.com/AVFCOfficial/status/1769749954950521180?s=20

The home kit is bit meh, but that away effort is dreadful. I like purple, and it can make for a great kit (see Fiorentina) but not when it's a dull, dark mauve taupe. The side panel made up of leftovers from the Bad Tie factory only adds to it sh!tness.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #2163 on: March 19, 2024, 02:12:28 PM »
I remember years ago a reality tv program which put groups of tourists of different nationalities together through a series of staged incidents (which they thought were real), to compare how the nationalities reacted differently.

One of the events involved a burning of their flag (ie that of the contestants). I remember almost nothing else about that program other than that afterwards, the Americans insisted they have the remaining ashes of the flag so they could bury them with honour.

I mean, seriously. Americans and flags (and that anthem, too). Great example of how they're basically 80% like us culturally, but the other 20% is vastly, vastly different.

Online Drummond

« Reply #2164 on: March 19, 2024, 02:13:29 PM »
I remember years ago a reality tv program which put groups of tourists of different nationalities together through a series of staged incidents (which they thought were real), to compare how the nationalities reacted differently.

One of the events involved a burning of their flag (ie that of the contestants). I remember almost nothing else about that program other than that afterwards, the Americans insisted they have the remaining ashes of the flag so they could bury them with honour.

I mean, seriously. Americans and flags (and that anthem, too). Great example of how they're basically 80% like us culturally, but the other 20% is vastly, vastly different.

A bit like redscouse fans then.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #2165 on: March 19, 2024, 02:19:50 PM »

A bit like redscouse fans then.

Isn’t the Scouse thing a bit different in that they don’t have national flags just red and white ones, that whole Scouse not English thing?

I quite like that Villa has a mix of national flags and claret and blue ones, all seems quite inclusive to me.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2166 on: March 19, 2024, 02:21:01 PM »
Scousers do have England flags, but theirs 'mean more'.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #2167 on: March 19, 2024, 02:27:54 PM »
I like the new blue England kit, particularly with the claret and blue trim.  I won't buy it.

As for flags, I'm no monarchist but I do wonder why as a nation we go through so much self-flagellation.  The Dutch, French, Spanish & Germans and pretty much every other nation display their flags proudly, despite many having a colonial past.  The truth is, that whatever our history, England is one of the most cosmopolitan and tolerant countries in the world - in terms of race, religion and sexual orientation.  Of course we still have problems and there's a lot of work to do, but I'm not sure where these utopias are that are so much better than us?

I'm not a flag waver, or displayer.  I'm not that bothered about the England football team.  And I'm not particularly fond of the Royal family - I'm entirely ambivalent and have no interest in the weddings, funerals or coronations.  But I do think that in the scheme of things England is ok.  And I wonder why we hate ourselves so much.   

I agee with a lot of that Chris. The problem I have is that whenever I see the people who *do* wave flags, I take one look and think 'whatever they are, that's what I'm not'. If nothing else because I enjoy participating in the physical act of love, and those people look like they emerged from bread.

The thing is, if we continue to mock or shun the flag, then we're letting the far right continue to take it over.  I've got no problem with people trying to take it back and fly it in more positive circumstances, including kids watching English sports teams, whether football, rugby, cricket or hockey etc.

If we continue to hate ourselves and slag ourselves off at every opportunity, is it any surprise that everyone else seem to too?

Agree with all of this.

If you associate the flag with wronguns and you're not a wrongun then fly the flag yourself and take it back off them. Then it won't be associated with wronguns. If Villa was associated with the far right would you stop supporting us? No. You'd carry on and make it known you're not one of them.

Its everyone's flag.

I like them and I'm definitely not far right or even Tory.

Offline cdward

« Reply #2168 on: March 19, 2024, 03:28:50 PM »
I might rue the day, but what's wrong with calling it the Union Jack? The 'only at sea' thing isn't true is it?

I call it the Union Jack on purpose just to trigger people. The same way that Robbo1874 in Brisbane deliberately refers to Koala “Bears” just to annoy the Aussies who all jump in to correct him. Childish but satisfying
I love the Notts Forest thing, knowing that every time someone calls them Notts Forest, a whole load of them get triggered.
The BBC news did it last night when reporting on the points deduction, and it made me laugh.
I don't know many Notts Forest supporters, but if/when i do come across a Notts Forest supporter, i will definitely call them Notts Forest on purpose, just to see what happens.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2169 on: March 19, 2024, 03:33:04 PM »
I like the new blue England kit, particularly with the claret and blue trim.  I won't buy it.

As for flags, I'm no monarchist but I do wonder why as a nation we go through so much self-flagellation.  The Dutch, French, Spanish & Germans and pretty much every other nation display their flags proudly, despite many having a colonial past.  The truth is, that whatever our history, England is one of the most cosmopolitan and tolerant countries in the world - in terms of race, religion and sexual orientation.  Of course we still have problems and there's a lot of work to do, but I'm not sure where these utopias are that are so much better than us?

I'm not a flag waver, or displayer.  I'm not that bothered about the England football team.  And I'm not particularly fond of the Royal family - I'm entirely ambivalent and have no interest in the weddings, funerals or coronations.  But I do think that in the scheme of things England is ok.  And I wonder why we hate ourselves so much.   

I agee with a lot of that Chris. The problem I have is that whenever I see the people who *do* wave flags, I take one look and think 'whatever they are, that's what I'm not'. If nothing else because I enjoy participating in the physical act of love, and those people look like they emerged from bread.

The thing is, if we continue to mock or shun the flag, then we're letting the far right continue to take it over.  I've got no problem with people trying to take it back and fly it in more positive circumstances, including kids watching English sports teams, whether football, rugby, cricket or hockey etc.

If we continue to hate ourselves and slag ourselves off at every opportunity, is it any surprise that everyone else seem to too?

If Villa was associated with the far right would you stop supporting us?

Yes.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2170 on: March 19, 2024, 03:59:52 PM »
I love the Notts Forest thing, knowing that every time someone calls them Notts Forest, a whole load of them get triggered.
The BBC news did it last night when reporting on the points deduction, and it made me laugh.
I don't know many Notts Forest supporters, but if/when i do come across a Notts Forest supporter, i will definitely call them Notts Forest on purpose, just to see what happens.

I read, probably on here, that Manchester United fans do not like them referred to as ManYoo, so I've proceeded to call them that to acquaintances of mine that follow them. So far nothing but God loves a trier. I will persevere.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #2171 on: March 19, 2024, 04:02:34 PM »
I might rue the day, but what's wrong with calling it the Union Jack? The 'only at sea' thing isn't true is it?

I call it the Union Jack on purpose just to trigger people. The same way that Robbo1874 in Brisbane deliberately refers to Koala “Bears” just to annoy the Aussies who all jump in to correct him. Childish but satisfying

Exactly! It’s funny to do it.

Unlike people who refer to “City” or “United”, they’re arseholes to me.

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #2172 on: March 19, 2024, 04:13:06 PM »

Yes.

Really? You'd just let them take the club off you?

I wouldn't.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #2173 on: March 19, 2024, 04:18:05 PM »

[/quo

or Arsenal to save time

Online Drummond

« Reply #2174 on: March 19, 2024, 04:20:18 PM »

Yep, I usually talk about Sheffield Utd, or Leicester City if anyone does that to me.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal