collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Final Four and Finishing Place Predictions  (Read 7100 times)

Online Goldenballs

Re: Final Four and Finishing Place Predictions
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2023, 09:44:18 AM »
I agree that no European football will feel like a bit of a disappointment, when it shouldn't really. We have no right to be this close given the mess the ****** before left us in.

Spurs won't be this shit next season, but Brighton might not be as good especially if they end up in Europe.

If Poch goes to Chelsea I can see Spurs going for Nagelsmann which will put them back up there.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2023, 09:45:30 AM »
I knew this'd happen, we're starting to look a bit tired and don't have options to freshen things up, which is a shame.

I think we'll finish seventh which will feel disappointing given the insane point harvesting of recent games, but is still an amazing achievement.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2023, 10:18:15 AM »
I knew this'd happen, we're starting to look a bit tired and don't have options to freshen things up, which is a shame.

I think we'll finish seventh which will feel disappointing given the insane point harvesting of recent games, but is still an amazing achievement.

Seventh would still be Europe though, which would be great. That's not "typical Villa" enough though, it has to be 8th or 9th for that real feeling of disappointment!

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2023, 10:25:43 AM »
First task was to re establish ourselves as a Top 10 club - tick.

For me anything else is a bonus as I think next season will be when we challenge strongly in every competition.

Offline PhilVill

• Centre Right, but nice with it 😉😙
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2023, 10:39:48 AM »
To be honest, after 12 games I really was fearing a long and crappie season to come. To have four games left and still have an outside chance of playing in Europe is miraculous. We will be fighting for top four next year with three or four of the managers chosen signings in the squad, absolutely no doubt about it.

As for this year, the lads look a bit knackered now so 8th will still be an excellent return.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2023, 10:45:40 AM »
By hook or by crook, we need a win at the custard bowl on Saturday.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2023, 11:14:13 AM »
To be honest, after 12 games I really was fearing a long and crappie season to come. To have four games left and still have an outside chance of playing in Europe is miraculous. We will be fighting for top four next year with three or four of the managers chosen signings in the squad, absolutely no doubt about it.

As for this year, the lads look a bit knackered now so 8th will still be an excellent return.

It's not an outside chance, it's in our own hands.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2023, 11:16:15 AM »

It's not an outside chance, it's in our own hands.

Being in our own hands doesn't affect the likelihood though.

Offline wittonwarrior

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2023, 11:19:03 AM »
Whatever happens Emery has done a magnificent job so far.  WE will get Europe if not  this season then next.  I'm not getting too worked up about this season, just enjoying the reincarnation of the Villa we love the most.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2023, 11:48:15 AM »
We have looked a little jaded but that's because we don't currently have a squad that can play 3 times a week without there being a drop in performance levels. But we're back to playing one a week now. Emery will have a plan for each opponent and we should be getting bodies back this week. Next 2 games are huge. 7th.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2023, 12:03:03 PM »
Whilst it's unbelievably cliched I'm looking at it on a 'take it one game at a time' basis. If we win at Wolves, which is very much within our capability, then Spurs at home becomes enormous regardless of what they do at home to Palace.

Also, looking at Brighton's fixtures (excluding their final day trip to Villa Park) there are two games they should win and four games they should lose. They're unlikely to get more than 8/9 points from those fixtures, so I think we'll probably need 4/5 points from Wolves, Spurs and Liverpool to make sure we can still go above them by beating them on the final day.

It's very much a three team mini-league between Spurs, us and Brighton, and whilst we're certainly third favourites to win that, we've only got to finish above one of them.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2023, 12:03:18 PM »
It’s a season where we’ve experienced a bit of everything. From fear of relegation with a useless manager to the relief of Emery stabilising us then the tantalising hope of European football and with players that were nearly written off proving they had a future. Whatever happens we can be confident that the club is in the best position, on and off the field, that it has been for many, many years.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2023, 12:05:09 PM »
Whatever happens Emery has done a magnificent job so far.  WE will get Europe if not  this season then next.  I'm not getting too worked up about this season, just enjoying the reincarnation of the Villa we love the most.

Spot on. If we get it this year, it's a huge bonus - I'm just so relieved we have a world class manager and world class owners who will invest. Next season is going to see us challenging top 6.

Good times.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2023, 12:17:31 PM »
Brighton have Everton and Southampton at home in their run-in.  I'd love to finish 6th or 7th but just can't see it happening.  That said, when Gerrard was sacked after the Fulham game and we were outside the bottom three on goal difference, I'd have gladly taken 8th position regardless of who came in.  I expect the worst, hope foe the best. 8th for me.

They’ve also got to play Man Utd, Arsenal. Man City and us, its not a done deal they’ll finish above us.
I think we’ll beat Wolves and Spurs because we simply have to. Probs lose to Liverpool and it may well then come to the last game for 6th7th/8th place.

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2023, 12:21:24 PM »
We will finish in a very unexpected but honourable 8th place. The players and manager are welcome to prove me wrong though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal