collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

FFP by paul_e
[Today at 06:28:12 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 06:13:51 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Risso
[Today at 06:42:05 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 06:41:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:38:48 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:37:26 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 06:34:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Terrace View - Holte End Upper  (Read 32040 times)

Offline astonvilla82

Re: The Terrace View - Holte End Upper
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2023, 09:53:50 PM »
Excellent idea and I think Club are being very generous to charge only £480 to access this superb exclusive facility. I have put my name down for it and here is hoping it will keep the riffraff out allowing some of us decent supporters a relaxed space from where we can wave at Mr Purslow.
I wish he would sort out the parking behind the Holte, the chaffeur has trouble parking the Rolls Royce on match day next to them BMW'S

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2023, 09:53:59 PM »
Excellent idea and I think Club are being very generous to charge only £480 to access this superb exclusive facility. I have put my name down for it and here is hoping it will keep the riffraff out allowing some of us decent supporters a relaxed space from where we can wave at Mr Purslow.

Sounds lovely, the footballing equivalent of an airline lounge. If it's offered on a match-by-match basis I'd be happy to join you to quaff a few pre-match glasses of wine. Suitably refreshed then for heading out to the common area to show that us middle-class types can be just as vocal in our support as the proles.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2023, 10:13:13 PM »
Genuinely gobsmacking though.

"Fans expressed their desire for somewhere to get a drink and food after the match"

"FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS, PLEASE"

Staggering, and presented with absolute shameless spin.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2023, 10:17:50 PM »
Yep, the idea that this has all sprung out of the fan survey is, generously, extremely disingenuous. It's closer to gaslighting than it is to responsive customer service.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2023, 10:24:41 PM »
Genuinely gobsmacking though.

"Fans expressed their desire for somewhere to get a drink and food after the match"

"FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS, PLEASE"

Staggering, and presented with absolute shameless spin.

Absolutely, treating us with contempt.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2023, 10:27:12 PM »
Yet more reason to drink in town pre match, and again afterwards. It’s becoming like a Ryanair flight going to the match these days. What next? 20p to have a piss?

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2023, 11:13:38 PM »
Seeing this has made me less enthusiastic for Villa Live. How much will that be to get in?

Will that be ready for next season or does it come as part of the North stand rebuild?

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2023, 11:30:37 PM »
Whats the new white heart lane like for regular fans?

I’ve been in the big home end / South Stand at the Spurs stadium (for a gig) and let’s just say that what Villa are charging £480 for, are the standard facilities for Spurs fans as their whole concourse looks like that anyway.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2023, 08:07:08 AM »
Yet more reason to drink in town pre match, and again afterwards. It’s becoming like a Ryanair flight going to the match these days. What next? 20p to have a piss?
Good comparison, pay money to be treated like shit, very Ryanair.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2023, 08:11:11 AM »
Let’s hope nobody is daft enough to sign up. 

Online Clampy

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2023, 09:01:51 AM »

They're not forcing anyone to use the new Terrace Bar though. The only people people it might efffect are those who use it already.

Offline boozey182

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2023, 09:11:39 AM »

They're not forcing anyone to use the new Terrace Bar though. The only people people it might efffect are those who use it already.

I think Chris nailed it with his point - the rest of us in the Upper Holte will find that everyone is now going to be crammed into a much smaller space. We are going to be paying more for reduced facilities. That bar seemed to be the only place in the entire ground where you could get a drink without having to queue for 25 minutes, and now that's being taken away.

Me, my brother and my dad had got into the habit of having a drink before the match, just because it's convenient. We'll almost definitely end up just getting to the ground later and going straight to our seats now.

If it was an extra benefit for season ticket holders, or incorporated into the Pride Rewards, or even just a few quid to enter, I could understand it - but £25 a match is just a ludicrous price. I honestly can't get my head around how anyone at the club could possibly think that is reasonable.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2023, 09:19:10 AM »
"It's what the fans wanted" and if they sell 300 memberships out of the 5000 in the Upper Holte then they'll pat themselves on the back.

It's just a shame, as these sort of facilities (a bar where you can get served, the chance of a seat, being able to watch pre-match coverage on a screen you can hear) should be the basics for the fan experience, particularly when you pay £800 for a season ticket.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2023, 09:22:41 AM »
It's an absolute pisstake, an extension of the pervasive concept of 'fast access' shit you get at theme parks. Bollocks to them anyway, I'll walk over to the Hockley Social instead for a much more enjoyable experience

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2023, 09:25:23 AM »

Sounds lovely, the footballing equivalent of an airline lounge. If it's offered on a match-by-match basis I'd be happy to join you to quaff a few pre-match glasses of wine. Suitably refreshed then for heading out to the common area to show that us middle-class types can be just as vocal in our support as the proles.
Ran into dear old Purslow in Purnell's last night. After congratulating him on this superb idea I asked that he should look at a Champagne & Caviar section in the bar area. His eyes lit up and said he will get his people on it. That would be bloody marvelous. Finally we have a CEO who understands us real fans.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal