collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Champions League Contention by DB
[Today at 05:50:14 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by andyh
[Today at 05:49:48 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 05:49:15 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 05:48:49 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:48:31 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 05:46:33 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 05:45:46 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:44:41 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The Next Step Up.  (Read 7280 times)

Online RamboandBruno

Re: The Next Step Up.
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2023, 11:40:37 AM »
There's a lot of chat about when Emery brings in his own better players for the way he wants us to play but after Saturday's heroics it's hard to see who and where we could improve. With the exception of Martinez, Kamara and Louiz we could get upgrades on everyone else because if we wanted to pick faults with our performance I'd say an area we need to improve against the better teams is the amount of possession we have in those games. I don't want to particularly get rid of  any players either as I love them all at the moment. Maybe Bailey if we got a decent fee is the exception. 

Assuming we get a European place or even if we don't I think Emery has his eye on better players who he could entice to join us. I personally still think we need a bully in midfield and a pacy winger/forward.

Brendan if you read this, i got your pm but its not letting me reply?? Maybe need to ask mods? Im
Happy for you to have my mobile or personal email address if i can get it you somehow?

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2023, 12:28:19 PM »
There's a lot of chat about when Emery brings in his own better players for the way he wants us to play but after Saturday's heroics it's hard to see who and where we could improve. With the exception of Martinez, Kamara and Louiz we could get upgrades on everyone else because if we wanted to pick faults with our performance I'd say an area we need to improve against the better teams is the amount of possession we have in those games. I don't want to particularly get rid of  any players either as I love them all at the moment. Maybe Bailey if we got a decent fee is the exception. 

Assuming we get a European place or even if we don't I think Emery has his eye on better players who he could entice to join us. I personally still think we need a bully in midfield and a pacy winger/forward.

Brendan if you read this, i got your pm but its not letting me reply?? Maybe need to ask mods? Im
Happy for you to have my mobile or personal email address if i can get it you somehow?

Send it as a new message if you can

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2023, 07:00:30 PM »

Send it as a new message if you can
m
Its not letting me Bren, not recognising your name for some reason. I know everything tgatvis going on as do the other villa boys. Ill be at the villa Saturday and will pop down to the concourse at half time for a pint, ill stand around the middle of the lower holte concourse, near L4/L5. Come and find me if you have a minute. Otherwise ill be in the sacred heart after for a couple of hours

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2023, 03:59:04 PM »

Fantastic title thread and discussion topic. Great foresight and spot on regards a pacy winger but bully boys aren't the way in Emery set up that's more a Gerrard thing. Tielemans is a proper footballer and he is exactly what's needed to help control the possesion and the game

Emery stated that signing Diaby was an important step.
Diaby is a next-level move Pau Torres and Tielemans also indicate this, as they are ready made first-team players who play the Emery style.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal