collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Chelsea v Villa Post Match gloat  (Read 25236 times)

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Re: Chelsea v Villa Post Match gloat
« Reply #315 on: April 03, 2023, 11:28:30 AM »
I don't get the Havertz situation.  He was decent under Touchal but seems to have lost it all under Potter.  He's still only 23 so there's plenty more to come from him I think.  It might not be at Chelsea though. 

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #316 on: April 03, 2023, 11:33:31 AM »
I don't get the Havertz situation.  He was decent under Touchal but seems to have lost it all under Potter.  He's still only 23 so there's plenty more to come from him I think.  It might not be at Chelsea though.
He does seem to go missing for large parts of the game, he was virtually invisible on Saturday.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #317 on: April 03, 2023, 11:33:54 AM »
As long as they don't have an upturn in form that helps them to qualify for the Champions League, they'll need to sell players to conform to FFP.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #318 on: April 03, 2023, 01:13:33 PM »
A super performance and a memorable event personally for me. I was fortunate to have good box seating and thoroughly loved the entire event. It was truly amazing to watch and I'm falling in love with McGinn again. What a score!! And, as much as I'm focusing on performances, the end outcome was spectacular but not unexpected. The master Emery's clear tactic was brilliant, and I was constantly pointing out the game plan to those I was hobnobbing with. Not everyone is as big a football fan in my attendance but those who are were all on Chelsea's side and didn't believe Villa posed much of a threat!  However I, like the Villa squad, knew better. Now I can look forward to Easter and my pilgrimage, and I wish those who are going to Leicester an enjoyable time but to play nice.
Personally, can find football fans to be bawdy and boisterous for someone of my refinement and sensitivity, but I could feel the very jubilant following aand vociferous support! God Bless Everyone. And will post in May!

Up the Villa!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #319 on: April 03, 2023, 01:17:02 PM »
Legendary.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #320 on: April 03, 2023, 01:27:01 PM »
A super performance and a memorable event personally for me. I was fortunate to have good box seating and thoroughly loved the entire event. It was truly amazing to watch and I'm falling in love with McGinn again. What a score!! And, as much as I'm focusing on performances, the end outcome was spectacular but not unexpected. The master Emery's clear tactic was brilliant, and I was constantly pointing out the game plan to those I was hobnobbing with. Not everyone is as big a football fan in my attendance but those who are were all on Chelsea's side and didn't believe Villa posed much of a threat!  However I, like the Villa squad, knew better. Now I can look forward to Easter and my pilgrimage, and I wish those who are going to Leicester an enjoyable time but to play nice.
Personally, can find football fans to be bawdy and boisterous for someone of my refinement and sensitivity, but I could feel the very jubilant following aand vociferous support! God Bless Everyone. And will post in May!

Superb, I almost feel like I was there with you. UTV!

BTW when you mention Easter and your pilgrimage, do this mean you're going to the Forest game or are you off to see Roma?

Offline Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #321 on: April 03, 2023, 01:28:40 PM »
Beautifully self-deprecating.  :o

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #322 on: April 03, 2023, 01:32:04 PM »
Thank you Footy. We will miss you this month :'(

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #323 on: April 03, 2023, 01:35:03 PM »

Up the Villa!

Glad you enjoyed the day Footy. Have a nice Easter!

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #324 on: April 03, 2023, 01:50:22 PM »
I heard on a  podcast over the weekend

Most football people would have thought that Potter would be our Manager and UE would be at Chelsea

So glad we got it the right way round

NO doubt Poch will throw his hat out of the ring (Not sure what he is actually waiting for?)

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #325 on: April 03, 2023, 01:56:57 PM »
I think Poch is waiting to see if Wrexham get promoted

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #326 on: April 03, 2023, 02:11:30 PM »

Up the Villa!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Enjoy the pilgrimage, to wherever it is you're going. My presumption is that it isn't, as many on here might think, to Villa Park!

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #327 on: April 03, 2023, 02:26:05 PM »

Up the Villa!
Now that is a great away day! I'm very glad that you got to see Chelsea beaten by the Villa.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #328 on: April 03, 2023, 02:28:59 PM »

Up the Villa!
Now that is a great away day! I'm very glad that you got to see Chelsea beaten by the Villa.

And glad the club decided not to ban him for cupping his ear towards Chelsea fans.

Offline remy

• Claret & Blue Flag ALWAYS flapping
« Reply #329 on: April 03, 2023, 02:43:48 PM »
The Var on the potential Mings handball was also ridiculous.  What was he supposed to do when sliding in the direction of his goal and the ball comes off Emi at pace? Even if it hit him on the lower arm it could never be deemed intentional but I got the feeling that had it hit him clearly on the arm they'd have given it.

Guaranteed that'd been given if we were playing ManUre or ManShitty.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal