collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2023 Summer transfer window - hopes, needs, expectations and rumours.  (Read 790888 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: 2023 Summer transfer window - hopes, needs, expectations and rumours.
« Reply #2610 on: June 09, 2023, 02:23:54 PM »
I can see why Villa had some thought on getting Kyle Walker in.
He would slot in well to the system, experienced head and could take role of Ashley Young.

Offline Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #2611 on: June 09, 2023, 02:36:32 PM »
He would slot in well to the system, experienced head and could take role of Ashley Young.

Still very good player, are City looking to let him go? Would have thought they’d only do that if they are sick of his off field antics

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2612 on: June 09, 2023, 02:43:28 PM »

Still very good player, are City looking to let him go? Would have thought they’d only do that if they are sick of his off field antics

Yep, the baggage is why I wouldn't want him as well, good player though and would be a decent fit for the role of the more defensive full back in our lop-sided setup.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #2613 on: June 09, 2023, 02:51:04 PM »
We absolutely need more goals from midfield but in order to get that you can’t sacrifice how hard our midfield (& forward) players work off the ball and the press to retrieve it….so it’s not as easy as just identifying those that score, they have to contribute to the overall way we play.  This is why Theilemans in particular makes me a little nervous as every time I watched Leicester this season he was swanning with very little pace/press/bite….likewise JWP.

To be fair Ramsey and Luiz finished the season very strongly with goals, 12 in total between the pair of them. Think Ramsey could get to double figures next season. Luiz developed a very handy habit of dropping into the box late from a deep role for tap ins. McGinn could and should score more too. With everything else they offer without goals, I think we are very strong in midfield.

Luiz was being accused of what you say Tielemans was at for a lot of his time at the club, justifiably too. Like Tielemans though, Luiz always had the ability. JWP tries hard and takes a mean set piece but both Luiz and Tielemans are different level. Tielemans was a top player 18 months ago for club and country.

Offline FatSam

« Reply #2614 on: June 09, 2023, 03:49:39 PM »
Yes, doesn't pass the 'no dickheads' test.

Yep, the baggage is why I wouldn't want him as well, good player though and would be a decent fit for the role of the more defensive full back in our lop-sided setup.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #2615 on: June 09, 2023, 04:26:48 PM »
We won't be after JWP.  He's a good player, one of those I think who you would appreciate more if he played for you, but we won't be spending that sort of money on decent English players. 

Plus I tried repeatedly to buy him in FIFA when he was a youngster and the fucker would never join (was the only time I ever played FIFA).  And as for that golf club celebration...

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #2616 on: June 09, 2023, 07:52:33 PM »
Yes, doesn't pass the 'no dickheads' test.

Maybe we found a Walker in right back Mo Simikan who been linked. He's champions league level plays for RB Leipzig
I think he's a Walker type defender who does well tactically and has football intelligence. 

One of the bases of his talents is his ability to adapt to various defensive situations and has the potential to improve his on the ball play under Emery. He's already improved from his time in Germany and would be a good addition for the right side as he can play both right back and centre but also ability to play the counter/half back role and has great pace.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2617 on: June 10, 2023, 06:42:48 AM »
Birmingham Mail ‘linking’ us with Enrique, Brazilian Real Betis striker with a release fee of £86m. And the grand total of one goal last season.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2618 on: June 10, 2023, 07:05:24 AM »
I suspected links with US players and Chris Heck may have some sway/imput for taking Tyler Adams if we sign the American International

I'm not sure Chris Heck would be known by Adams - he's a businessman rather than a footballing man.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2619 on: June 10, 2023, 09:22:41 AM »
Heck has nothing to do with transfers.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2620 on: June 10, 2023, 10:01:05 AM »
I suspected links with US players and Chris Heck may have some sway/imput for taking Tyler Adams if we sign the American International

I'm not sure Chris Heck would be known by Adams - he's a businessman rather than a footballing man.
This has been pointed out to him many time but he still insists on pedalling this bollocks.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2621 on: June 10, 2023, 10:02:51 AM »
Heck has nothing to do with transfers.

If he did, he'd probably be known as 'Flipping Heck'.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #2622 on: June 10, 2023, 10:07:42 AM »
Will he Heck as like.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #2623 on: June 10, 2023, 10:39:15 AM »

This has been pointed out to him many time but he still insists on pedalling this bollocks.
People see connections in various ways. I perceive an American link that others don't want to see, which is understandable, but we can all allow ourselves to think of our own thoughts without making such unpleasant comments. Even if their beliefs and opinions differ, everyone ultimately supports the same club. In this scenario, it's simply alternative thought and seemed to be informed it's not welcome.
Personally, I think Heck, in helping out the club, as does Purslow, will have a view. And we can't say Purslow wasn't involved with Gerrard's signing. The theory may not be correct, but I like to look at links.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 10:40:55 AM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #2624 on: June 10, 2023, 10:48:53 AM »
Back to other transfers well on Yerry Mina released by Everton despite free transfer status I think there can be other internationals to go for other than him

That's the Colombian centre defender most known for his World Cup booming header against England, his penalty with Martinez in the Copa America Shootout, and being completely outplayed and outmuscled by Wesley in the opening home game of the season a few years ago.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal