collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 2023 Summer transfer window - hopes, needs, expectations and rumours.  (Read 775109 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: 2023 Summer transfer window - hopes, needs, expectations and rumours.
« Reply #1785 on: May 30, 2023, 10:28:45 PM »
Anyone who thinks there’s a chance of Messi coming = on crack.
Anyone who thinks he’s not up to it = on crack and crystal meth.

How else are they supposed to keep going once the crack wears off?

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #1786 on: May 30, 2023, 10:28:56 PM »
Messi will go to whoever pays him the most. He blarted like a titty babbie when he's beloved Barcelona couldn't afford to pay him what he wanted.

I read this morning he’s been offered 1.2 billion for 2 years in The Middle East.
 What I didn’t get about his Barcelona departure is if he wanted to stay so badly, why didn’t he just drop his wage demands to make it financially visible for the club to keep him?

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1787 on: May 30, 2023, 10:29:34 PM »
(I think he'd throw the balance of everything off I mean if Ronaldo with his physical attributes was more a hindrance than help at Man Utd then I mean I don't think it would be much different especially given the percussive nature of the division and that we'd be essentially set up to carry him which is just about fine if you're Man City with Haaland but even then he has actually adapted to the way they play and at the top of the game now you need everyone pulling all of their weight but I don't know of course this is all mad)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #1788 on: May 30, 2023, 10:32:18 PM »
This is going to sound mad but would he be all that? I get it it’s Messi but he’s deffo on the wane and my worry is he’d be a drag on us like Ronaldo at ManYew. I don’t think he’d come but I’d be posting on the worried thread as to the impact.

We ain’t getting Messi but in 41 games this season he’s been involved in 40 goals. That’s hardly on the wane. Plus 6 months ago he proved himself yet again the best in the world. Good fat chewing convo though.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #1789 on: May 30, 2023, 10:34:22 PM »
Messi will go to whoever pays him the most. He blarted like a titty babbie when he's beloved Barcelona couldn't afford to pay him what he wanted.

That isn’t what happened though.
(Granted the crying happened).

He agreed a 50% pay cut, and Barcelona withdrew the offer.

That isn’t what happened though.
(Granted the crying happened).

He agreed a 50% pay cut, and Barcelona withdrew the offer.

(were forced by the La Liga to withdraw the offer)

Yes I’m not a big fan of some of his choices, but in the context of what he can earn he more than tried to facilitate a way to stay at Barca.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #1790 on: May 30, 2023, 10:35:09 PM »

I read this morning he’s been offered 1.2 billion for 2 years in The Middle East.
 What I didn’t get about his Barcelona departure is if he wanted to stay so badly, why didn’t he just drop his wage demands to make it financially visible for the club to keep him?
Isn't there something in Spanish law that makes it illegal for a new contract to reduce a persons wage from that previously in place ? So Barca couldn't reduce his wages regardless of what Messi offered to take and couldn't afford him within their overall salary cap.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #1791 on: May 30, 2023, 10:37:28 PM »

I've thought that too, I'd play for Villa for fuck all rather than reduce my demands to €1m a week then cry when they can't afford it. He's leaving PSG because they want to reduce his wages in any new deal.

Barca are trying to concoct some deal where he's on a 'low' basic wage but gets all profits of merchandise or some bollocks like that.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #1792 on: May 30, 2023, 10:41:02 PM »

He offered to reduce his salary as much as he legally could (50% of his previous salary).

Spanish law says that you can't sign up for less than that, apparently as an anti-fraud measure.

I don't pretend to know why that law is there, but it appears to be pretty much cast-iron that Messi didn't leave Barcelona due to personal greed.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #1793 on: May 30, 2023, 10:43:15 PM »

He offered to reduce his salary as much as he legally could (50% of his previous salary).

Spanish law says that you can't sign up for less than that, apparently as an anti-fraud measure.

I don't pretend to know why that law is there, but it appears to be pretty much cast-iron that Messi didn't leave Barcelona due to personal greed.

I see. Thanks for that.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #1794 on: May 30, 2023, 11:19:38 PM »
If he goes Saudi now though it can only be greed. There will be zero other reasons.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #1795 on: May 30, 2023, 11:27:48 PM »
I saw Messi play with Mbappe and Neymar last year. Same as the other poster: he just wanders round and seems to do fuck all basically. This was PSG vs Lorient. You'd think he'd be sticking 3 past them and assisting the other two for a 7-0 drubbing. Oh no, it was 1-0 (Neymar).
If he's coming to Villa, I'm getting noshed off by Monica Bellucci on the Holte as he runs on for his debut. While Penelope Cruz waits her turn.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #1796 on: May 30, 2023, 11:30:19 PM »
I saw Messi play with Mbappe and Neymar last year. Same as the other poster: he just wanders round and seems to do fuck all basically. This was PSG vs Lorient. You'd think he'd be sticking 3 past them and assisting the other two for a 7-0 drubbing. Oh no, it was 1-0 (Neymar).
If he's coming to Villa, I'm getting noshed off by Monica Bellucci on the Holte as he runs on for his debut. While Penelope Cruz waits her turn.
Just to clarify, is Penelope Cruz waiting her turn to run on for her debut, or, erm, the other thing.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1797 on: May 30, 2023, 11:33:33 PM »
There will be zero other reasons.

Nine of them, by the sound of it.

Offline charlatan

« Reply #1798 on: May 31, 2023, 12:19:55 AM »
There is no way, not a chance, not even the slightest possibility that 'Bella-Kotchap' is a real person.
Police still not Kotchap who put Bella in the Wych Elm?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1799 on: May 31, 2023, 12:39:39 AM »

She'd be quite a signing, but I'm not sure Emery would want two up front. We know the outrage that would cause.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal