collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Fan Voted Player of the Year by frankmosswasmyuncle
[Today at 09:42:25 AM]

Champions League Contention by jon collett
[Today at 09:42:18 AM]

NSWE Investment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 09:29:01 AM]

Games Moved for TV by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 09:16:57 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:10:10 AM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by VillaTim
[Today at 09:08:48 AM]

Ollie Watkins by LeeB
[Today at 08:12:59 AM]

8 years ago today - Apr 30, 2016 by sid1964
[Today at 07:58:23 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: UEFA Europa Conference League - Alkmaar, Legia and Zrinjski  (Read 372944 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: UEFA Europa Conference League
« Reply #2550 on: July 13, 2023, 11:11:57 PM »
If we do end up seeded because of Juventus being kicked out, does it make any difference to whether we'll be home or away first? Trying to plan summer travel etc.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #2551 on: July 13, 2023, 11:14:28 PM »
I looked at the results earlier and as I was skimming down the page thought I saw 'Arsenal Twat'. A second look and it's actually 'Arsenal Tivat'. Which was disappointing.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2552 on: July 14, 2023, 07:08:10 AM »
If we do end up seeded because of Juventus being kicked out, does it make any difference to whether we'll be home or away first? Trying to plan summer travel etc.

I don’t think so. That aspect is still decided by the draw.

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2553 on: July 14, 2023, 07:14:44 AM »
I looked at the results earlier and as I was skimming down the page thought I saw 'Arsenal Twat'. A second look and it's actually 'Arsenal Tivat'. Which was disappointing.

I did the exact same thing

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #2554 on: July 14, 2023, 09:24:39 AM »
Went to my local teams first qualifying round 1st leg tonight, 1~1 draw . Used to be known as Bridgend Town, but following a merger a few years ago now play under their Welsh name of Pen-y-Bont in the JD Welsh Premier. First ever game in Europe tonight, ground not conforming to UEFA standards so played at Bridgend RFC. As UEFA rules state all seating, a capacity of 1410 there which for a tiny South wales town was a great atmosphere.
Take the tie away to Santa Coloma in Andorra next week.

Hoping for some more success in a few more qualifiers to get the Villa down here !!
Good luck. My local-ish side (Connah's Quay Nomads) lost 2-0 to KA, so not looking great but might turn it around.

TNS did alright in the Chumps League (lost 3-1 away to Hacken). Probably have the best chance of getting through along with yourselves.

Mostly looking forward to watching Bala in "Europe" in the Scottish Challenge Cup tho. Think that'll be a bit of a laugh, especially for any unfortunate souls that end up being draw away to Bala!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2023, 09:26:43 AM by algy »

Online VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2555 on: July 14, 2023, 09:53:29 AM »
I watched a bit of the Derry City game last night , they were away to a Scandinavian team (I think) , the football was at an extremely low level.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #2556 on: July 14, 2023, 07:13:47 PM »
Went to my local teams first qualifying round 1st leg tonight, 1~1 draw . Used to be known as Bridgend Town, but following a merger a few years ago now play under their Welsh name of Pen-y-Bont in the JD Welsh Premier. First ever game in Europe tonight, ground not conforming to UEFA standards so played at Bridgend RFC. As UEFA rules state all seating, a capacity of 1410 there which for a tiny South wales town was a great atmosphere.
Take the tie away to Santa Coloma in Andorra next week.

Hoping for some more success in a few more qualifiers to get the Villa down here !!
Good luck. My local-ish side (Connah's Quay Nomads) lost 2-0 to KA, so not looking great but might turn it around.

TNS did alright in the Chumps League (lost 3-1 away to Hacken). Probably have the best chance of getting through along with yourselves.

Mostly looking forward to watching Bala in "Europe" in the Scottish Challenge Cup tho. Think that'll be a bit of a laugh, especially for any unfortunate souls that end up being draw away to Bala!

Algy, believe it or not Chris Venables scored our equaliser last night on his debut….. having been signed from Bala !
It’s going to be tough for Pen-y-Bont in next weeks second leg in Andora with temperature heat wave currently going around southern Europe 😎.
Good luck to your locals too. Another couple of qualifying rounds to get Villa in the draw !?

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #2557 on: July 14, 2023, 09:49:36 PM »
Hopefully Derry City can progress further, wife from the city so would be a good excuse to visit although I don't she would be happy

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2558 on: July 14, 2023, 09:51:09 PM »
Hopefully Derry City can progress further, wife from the city so would be a good excuse to visit although I don't she would be happy
Maybe take her with you then  ;D

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2559 on: July 14, 2023, 09:57:09 PM »
I keep trying to persuade the Mrs that we should move to Derry so she can get an Irish passport like me (apologies to veterans of the Brexit threads). She prefers the idea of Albania (she's never been to either place, but the weather is a bit better there).

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #2560 on: July 14, 2023, 09:59:52 PM »
Maybe take her with you then  ;D
I wouldn't have a choice, she wouldn't be happy that I can see the Villa but couldn't go with her on previous occasions

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #2561 on: July 14, 2023, 10:02:56 PM »
I keep trying to persuade the Mrs that we should move to Derry so she can get an Irish passport like me (apologies to veterans of the Brexit threads). She prefers the idea of Albania (she's never been to either place, but the weather is a bit better there).
Supposedly going to live there next year and will make sure I have a Aston Villa flag made,too many Liverpool and Manchester United f ers there including relatives

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2562 on: July 14, 2023, 10:04:20 PM »
Supposedly going to live there next year and will make sure I have a Aston Villa flag made,too many Liverpool and Manchester United f ers there including relatives

I reckon the Man Utd and Liverpool ones will be the least of your worries, flag-wise!

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #2563 on: July 14, 2023, 10:07:12 PM »

I reckon the Man Utd and Liverpool ones will be the least of your worries, flag-wise!
misspelled flags,it spelt flegs

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2564 on: July 14, 2023, 10:33:38 PM »
Best thing about Derry is that you can watch 2 teams play home games in the same stadium, but in different Association's Leagues (Derry City and Institute).

Think Institute's ground was damaged, so they groundshare with Derry.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal