collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Jacob Ramsey by London Villan
[Today at 06:35:55 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by Rigadon
[Today at 06:26:28 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by lovejoy
[Today at 06:15:07 AM]

Re: Jacob Ramsey by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 05:46:28 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by villabear
[Today at 04:37:35 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Rory
[Today at 04:07:17 AM]

Re: Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by olaftab
[Today at 02:42:51 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 02:30:08 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Project B6  (Read 21346 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Project B6
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2023, 08:49:51 PM »
See, I fucking knew this would be bought up.

https://twitter.com/ProjectB6_/status/1637582675564175361?t=WYRSbb7QfOOGy2Djj9KFBw&s=19

I swear to God and I'm not joking, bang one of those things next to me and there will be blood.

You probably wouldn't enjoy an Oranger Order march either. :(

No, and for more reasons than just the drum

That’s a shame. I’m sure they’d enjoy having you come along.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2023, 08:53:54 PM »
I wouldn't be able to keep my mouth shut

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #182 on: March 21, 2023, 09:16:34 AM »

Flute player?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #183 on: March 21, 2023, 09:23:53 AM »

Flute player?
Baton twirler.

Offline Rico

« Reply #184 on: March 21, 2023, 08:18:07 PM »
I had a thought about pre match entertainment. They could round up a couple of Zulu's of the Small Heath variety (shouldn't be too difficult as we all know they're everywhere in the city centre) and parade them on the pitch at about 15 mins before kick of. Then....release the lions (real lions of course) obviously being Zulus the lions wouldn't stand much of a chance , but it would get the atmosphere rocking.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #185 on: March 21, 2023, 11:54:04 PM »

https://twitter.com/ProjectB6_/status/1637582675564175361?t=WYRSbb7QfOOGy2Djj9KFBw&s=19

I swear to God and I'm not joking, bang one of those things next to me and there will be blood.

Unrelated, but I was staying at the Gresham in Cork many years ago, and was asked for ID in the bar. Seeing my name, the barman said it was nice to have a tourist from an Irish background who didn't go around announcing it to everyone.

This got us onto a brief conversation while he was pouring my pint about memorable guests that he'd served.

Apparently, a couple of weeks beforehand, there was a loud, very tall American staying there, who told him - without prompting - that he was Irish. The barman replied, "oh yeah?" and immediately the bloke said, "that's right, my grandfather was an orangeman!"

(I laughed, and the barman said "as you can imagine, that went down about as well as yer man who told the chef he didn't like the fry at breakfast, and could himself make him some pancakes instead." My drink now poured, I laughed again and asked what the chef had said: "Pancakes? Ye's not in fuckin' Dublin now, boy!")
« Last Edit: March 21, 2023, 11:56:18 PM by Rory »

Online astonvilla82

« Reply #186 on: March 22, 2023, 12:25:14 AM »

Unrelated, but I was staying at the Gresham in Cork many years ago, and was asked for ID in the bar. Seeing my name, the barman said it was nice to have a tourist from an Irish background who didn't go around announcing it to everyone.

This got us onto a brief conversation while he was pouring my pint about memorable guests that he'd served.

Apparently, a couple of weeks beforehand, there was a loud, very tall American staying there, who told him - without prompting - that he was Irish. The barman replied, "oh yeah?" and immediately the bloke said, "that's right, my grandfather was an orangeman!"

(I laughed, and the barman said "as you can imagine, that went down about as well as yer man who told the chef he didn't like the fry at breakfast, and could himself make him some pancakes instead." My drink now poured, I laughed again and asked what the chef had said: "Pancakes? Ye's not in fuckin' Dublin now, boy!")
Them Corkys don't stand no shit

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #187 on: March 22, 2023, 01:52:38 PM »

Love that.

Online Rory

« Reply #188 on: March 22, 2023, 09:05:33 PM »

Love that.

I love Dublin, but the suspicion and contempt many people from the South West in particular feel towards 'the big city' always makes me laugh.

Anyway, sorry for the digression.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #189 on: March 22, 2023, 09:38:05 PM »
I love Dublin, but the suspicion and contempt many people from the South West in particular feel towards 'the big city' always makes me laugh.

Culchies, eh?

(I hope that's not offensive, I had a girlfriend in Dublin once who used to say it all the time)

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #190 on: March 22, 2023, 09:40:35 PM »
Culchies vs Jackeens.

Online Rory

« Reply #191 on: March 22, 2023, 09:43:53 PM »

Culchies, eh?

(I hope that's not offensive, I had a girlfriend in Dublin once who used to say it all the time)

And that kind of thing may be why there is such suspicion and contempt. Feckin jackeens 😉

Edit: Dave beat me to it

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2023, 12:12:21 PM »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2023, 01:55:31 PM »
Ha ha, just caught up with that this morning. Bizarre.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #194 on: June 26, 2023, 02:55:38 PM »
As ever I see people discussing the thing on Twitter but never what the thing actually is. I'm old.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal