collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Everton v Aston Villa Match Thread  (Read 17920 times)

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
Re: Everton v Aston Villa Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2023, 02:32:18 PM »

That Everton team looks poor on paper.  Bailey needs a good game. 

Lacking quality but it looks hard to beat to me. They’ll be physical and we can’t afford to be bullied.

Agree.  It will be a tough battle, but cut out the silly mistakes and we should really be beating this lot today (or at least not losing). 

Emery appears to have a strategy in place to deal with Everton's three midfielders, We have Ramsey McGinn, Luiz, and Kamara ready to combat.

Ref Antony Taylor hasn't given a penalty to Villa in ten years.
He also allowed Manchester United to repeatedly kick Bailey and Ramsey during our victory at Villa Park.
I'm especially worried about Bailey getting injured.
Despite the likely rough treatment, Ramsey is going to score today in my opinion.

I'm praying for Digne and Cash because they were attacked with objects thrown at them here last season and had to provide incident reports so that an arrest could be made and charges could be filed against the scoundrel who was a so-called football fan and season ticket holder. I hope they are not targeted again today.

Up The Villa.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2023, 02:34:11 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2023, 02:35:29 PM »
Not happy about Buendia being dropped and Traore not starting. Very negative team.
Yes I thought the same initially but when you analyse Dyche teams with physicality and set pieces I can understand why Buendia wouldn’t start today .
I think it’s quite refreshing that he picks teams to suit opposition and tactics not just those in form for the sake of it

It's not that refreshing he keeps picking people in no form whatsoever like Bailey and Ramsey though. If you're talking about lack of physicality, Bailey is head and shoulders the weakest player we have, he couldn't tackle a two course dinner. Buendia, although small, at least attempts to put himself about.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2023, 02:37:49 PM »
Not happy about Buendia being dropped and Traore not starting. Very negative team.
Yes I thought the same initially but when you analyse Dyche teams with physicality and set pieces I can understand why Buendia wouldn’t start today .
I think it’s quite refreshing that he picks teams to suit opposition and tactics not just those in form for the sake of it

It's not that refreshing he keeps picking people in no form whatsoever like Bailey and Ramsey though. If you're talking about lack of physicality, Bailey is head and shoulders the weakest player we have, he couldn't tackle a two course dinner. Buendia, although small, at least attempts to put himself about.

It's the Villa manager disease - just keep picking players who aren't producing the goods. It's no wonder we never finish any higher than mid table.

Hope I'm proved wrong though, and Bailey and Ramsey have absolute stormers

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2023, 02:38:53 PM »
It's the Villa manager disease - just keep picking players who aren't producing the goods. It's no wonder we never finish any higher than mid table.

Me too.  I have severe doubts though, but we'll see.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2023, 02:41:40 PM »
If we could put the team out our managers see in training, we'd be champions of the universe.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2023, 02:44:07 PM »
If we could put the team out our managers see in training, we'd be champions of the universe.

Exactly those two goalkeepers must be doing well to be picked on the bench every week.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2023, 02:46:17 PM »

The others on the bench are players that we've all repeatedly claimed aren't upto it aswell so whats the alternative? I suppose he could try Traore, he's turned into a much better player since being away.

Online Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2023, 02:46:53 PM »
Zych? Who dat?

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2023, 02:47:57 PM »

The others on the bench are players that we've all repeatedly claimed aren't upto it aswell so whats the alternative? I suppose he could try Traore, he's turned into a much better player since being away.

We should have bought some better players in January! :D

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2023, 02:50:18 PM »
Going wild swimming please help

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2023, 02:51:01 PM »
Its the right team for me. I would of had Coutinho for Bailey but obviously Phils injured. We need some competitiveness in the middle and unfortunately as much as i really like him, apart from  Leicester, Emi B hasn’t had a good game for ages and with Dyches teams, he’ll spend more time waving his arms about.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2023, 02:52:38 PM »
4-2-2-2 to choke their narrow defensive block and allow for overloads at full back?

I think Luiz will be given a bit more licence to break forward today. I like the look of our midfield for a game like this. Huge game for Ramsey but I think in off the left should suit him. Needs to get up in support of Watkins. Bailey ahead of Buendia is definitely a surprise and likely we will be a bit predictable as a result. Digne starting over Moreno is a surprise but another option to change things if needs be.
Looking at their line up this isn't going to be a classic. We'll do it, 0-1.

Offline crewster73

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2023, 02:53:52 PM »
 Any small rivers would be appreciated thanks

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2023, 02:55:17 PM »

Unfortunately, I worry about the bully boy tactics on Bailey whenever he plays and if he is not careful, he may be injured. However, he has the speed and quality to score, assist, or win a penalty or free kick, so lets remain optimistic...
At least until the game begins!

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2023, 02:55:36 PM »
I’ve got a good feeling about today.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal