collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 2 The Arse 4 Post Match ah well what could have been thread  (Read 28678 times)

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
Re: Aston Villa 2 The Arse 4 Post Match ah well what could have been thread
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2023, 02:47:33 PM »
Our defence is shit. They cannot defend. They cannot play out from the back either. They are not fit for purpose.

The rest of the team is average - below average at best.

If Emery is going to insist on playing to a style that does not fit our players, then we are going to lose more often than not. If the players don't fit the system, change the fucking system. Otherwise, you are being shit at your job.

And the fact that Mings has been given a new contract concerns me because it says that he is in the long term plans of the club. Which, despite all of the PR crafted positivity bullshit, shows the owners ambitions. Which concerns me.

I am sick to the back teeth of this shit. And I am sick to the back teeth of officials cowering when they make a mistake against one of the media favourite clubs. They inevitably fuck over the next team they play, which is usually us. The fact that Saka did not get a red, twice, is an absolute fucking disgrace.

And that for me, shows how corrupt & utterly pointless playing football in this country is. The whole system is designed to keep the status quo because they make lots of money for the wankers who ruin the game.

Just absolutely sick to the back fucking teeth of the whole thing...

Offline Nelly

• rahix.music
  • GM : 01.05.2023
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2023, 02:47:53 PM »
For me today wasn't the fault of defence or Martinez but our near non-existent midfield. We couldn't get a grip on the game at all and then it's their game, however they want to play it.

Ramsay didn't add a thing, I don't want to lose patience with him but, I'm being eroded. Kamara had some neat touches but didn't boss the game. Luiz was busy but unable to stem the tide. McGinn the same. We're so midtable.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2023, 02:48:00 PM »
The time wasting doesn’t seem to help with any of our own momentum especially with 25 minutes to go

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2023, 02:48:56 PM »
Sure, but it seems new to me, we seem to love it when the result goes our way.
I can only speak for myself in saying that I don't love it at all.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2023, 02:49:05 PM »
Martinez fully to blame for that predictable defeat with his pathetic time wasting antics. I even got the correct score right.

I'll resume the 4-2 punts for Chelsea on April Fools' Day. How fitting!

"Martinez fully to blame..."

What are you going on about? He literally wasn't to blame for any of the goals bar the last one but that happens.

Mings the first, everyone can't defend corners the second, 3rd a fluke. Strange comment.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2023, 02:50:39 PM »
The most annoying thing about the result is that Arsenal were nothing special. It was a self inflicted defeat.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2023, 02:51:35 PM »
The most annoying thing about the result is that Arsenal were nothing special. It was a self inflicted defeat.

Yeah, this is it. Fuck I hate Arsenal fans.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2023, 02:51:39 PM »
Sure, but it seems new to me, we seem to love it when the result goes our way.
I can only speak for myself in saying that I don't love it at all.

Fair enough, I just suspect that there's more than a hint of inconsistency knocking about this here football forum, if such a thing can be believed.

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2023, 02:52:04 PM »
I've got no problem with time wasting, everyone does it and he's helped us win points with it before. It's about killing momentum of the other team.

Look at us against Man City last season when they scored 3 in about 30 seconds. If the keeper takes his time, gets cramp, gets the physio on, then that doesn't happen.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2023, 02:52:18 PM »
Yeah Martinez isn’t to blame, what a load of old bollocks. The first goal is just a basic mistake, but the 2nd and 3rd do have a root cause - we are far too slow to react and shut players down. That has got to be improved.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2023, 02:52:30 PM »
With all the substitutions, I think it was obvious that Emery was having a look with the players and wanted to give them his trust so they could participate in the game.
Trying them all out and judging a player's performance in gaming scenarios and how they cope.
It's a very bad score because there were many competitive, exciting performances, and it was wonderful to watch football goal.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2023, 02:53:11 PM »
We are now conceding for fun at the back and not scoring enough.   Could we get sucked into it?

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2023, 02:53:56 PM »

But far better than us overall

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #43 on: February 18, 2023, 02:54:21 PM »
On the whole, given the personnel of the two teams, we got the tactics right. The game could have gone either way and they had the crucial bit of luck at the end. Hugely annoying that this kind of luck goes against us, seemingly, quite often BUT keep the faith, this luck will go for us at some point too.   

Right, now I'm off to stand in the garden and roar at the sky for a while.

Offline Baldy

« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2023, 02:55:28 PM »
The time wasting doesn’t seem to help with any of our own momentum especially with 25 minutes to go

This, this and this.

Martinez is also sending out the message to the rest of our players that he doesn't think they are good enough, emboldens the opposition and gives them plenty of time to get back in shape.

This has to stop or at least be moderated.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal