collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Cross City line B’ham New St - Lichfield closed till Tuesday 11th April  (Read 981 times)

Offline Bostongbboy

From BBC Black Country Birmingham News

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-65201320

Football fans have been warned to expect travel disruption due to railway engineering works.
The Cross-City line in Birmingham is closed between New Street and Lichfield Trent Valley until Tuesday.
It means Villa fans who usually travel by train will not be able to access Aston or Witton railway stations from Lichfield or Sutton Coldfield.
West Midlands Railway urged supporters to plan ahead as Aston Villa host Nottingham Forest later.
It said additional services would be provided before and after the match for fans travelling to and from Birmingham New Street.
However, it said fans travelling north of Villa Park, including to or from Gravelly Hill, Erdington, Chester Road, Wylde Green, Sutton Coldfield, Four Oaks, Butlers Lane, Blake Street and Lichfield, would need to arrange alternative transport.
"I would like to remind football fans travelling to the Aston Villa match on Saturday to check their journey planners as engineering works will affect services over the Easter weekend," said West Midlands Railway's customer experience director Jonny Wiseman.
"With the Cross-City line closed we are adding additional services before and after the match for fans travelling to and from Birmingham, but we advise passengers to leave extra time as these services are expected to be very busy."

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Cheers. I've put this info out on our social media.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
I've been (over)hearing this on the radio this morning. I was going to post something yet when you go on the tfwm website it says everything is fine, apart from the lift not working at Aston.

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
It’s a dastardly plot to undermine Guess The Crowd 🥧

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal