collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leicester City Post Match Thread  (Read 27350 times)

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Leicester City Post Match Thread
« Reply #375 on: February 07, 2023, 10:06:07 AM »
We don't look very organised at the back to me, so I don't think replacing Tyrone will be that much of a problem.

It may be well one of those, 'you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone' type scenarios, though.

We’ll given how much better we (usually) seem with him than without him I think we already know that.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #376 on: February 07, 2023, 10:16:25 AM »
We don't look very organised at the back to me, so I don't think replacing Tyrone will be that much of a problem.

It may be well one of those, 'you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone' type scenarios, though.

We’ll given how much better we (usually) seem with him than without him I think we already know that.

That's because we've only had the likes of Hause and Chambers as back ups, both of whom are mostly useless. The idea surely is to get somebody in better than Mings (and Konsa) and relegate one or both of them to the position of back up.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #377 on: February 07, 2023, 10:32:46 AM »
Mings is better than Konsa so replace Konsa first

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #378 on: February 07, 2023, 10:46:33 AM »

That's a fair point.

Though we're not exactly great at the back when he's in there, either.

As Risso points out above, Mings' usual replacements are pretty dreadful, also.

We definitely won't be solid at the back until Mings and Konsa are sold off.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #379 on: February 07, 2023, 10:54:20 AM »

I suppose the yardstick for that will be to see which clubs come in for him at the end of the season.

Offline SamTheMouse

• Location: The Land of the Fragrant Founders of Human Rights, Fine Wines & Bikinis
  • GM : 03.11.2024
« Reply #380 on: February 07, 2023, 10:59:21 AM »
Mings is an absolutely top bloke and I admire him, but keeping a player for that reason is the sort of thing that holds teams back.

It's a shame but you have to be ruthless these days.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #381 on: February 07, 2023, 11:03:04 AM »
I think both of them, as with many players, will need to show they can do it. They've the rest of the season to prove it.

I happen to think Mings can do it, but I'm becoming less sure about Konsa's ability/confidence on the ball. Mings also adds that leadership and organisation.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #382 on: February 07, 2023, 11:05:09 AM »
I think both of them, as with many players, will need to show they can do it. They've the rest of the season to prove it.

I happen to think Mings can do it, but I'm becoming less sure about Konsa's ability/confidence on the ball. Mings also adds that leadership and organisation.

There wasn't much of that in evidence at the weekend.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #383 on: February 07, 2023, 11:11:03 AM »

At least he's a good communicator generally.

Without him we basically had Stevenage walking in a short corner to knock us out of the cup because no one told Ollie to increase his jogging to close down the scorer.

Carlos-Konsa on the first day just watching as Kieffer Moore scored unmarked at the back post was as poor as what we conceded on Saturday.

With Mings on the pitch we don't actually concede that many goals from set pieces. I'd keep him around but if he's only got a year left and no talk of a new deal that feels pretty ominous. Leicester, West Ham and Everton would all be interested if they stay up.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #384 on: February 07, 2023, 11:23:20 AM »
On his day Mings is an excellent centre half and then there are those other days.

Online dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #385 on: February 07, 2023, 11:36:40 AM »
I don't think the Leicester supporters would take to Mings kindly. They were singing he's fucking shit all afternoon last Saturday.

Offline bob

« Reply #386 on: February 07, 2023, 11:57:34 AM »
Mings is a massive player for us, I'd offer him a new deal.

Should still be captain!

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #387 on: February 07, 2023, 12:08:27 PM »
Mings is a last gasp body on the line type of defender.

We need more tactically switched on centre halves who will concentrate on stopping the bodies on the line defending being required in the first place.

Offline bob

« Reply #388 on: February 07, 2023, 12:21:17 PM »
I don't think it should be underestimated how significant his influence as a leader is...

Carlos returning and a replacement for Chambers/Hause to compete would be fine, whilst we improve our goal-scoring options.

Online Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #389 on: February 07, 2023, 12:36:22 PM »
Mings is a last gasp body on the line type of defender.

We need more tactically switched on centre halves who will concentrate on stopping the bodies on the line defending being required in the first place.

I don’t agree with that at all. Like every centre back he needs to do that at times but he’s also a decent reader of the game and provides vocal leadership (along with Young) in an otherwise quiet team.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal