collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa v Leicester City Post Match Thread  (Read 28167 times)

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
Re: Aston Villa v Leicester City Match Post Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2023, 05:03:15 PM »
A bit fed up of how negative people are. Beginning to think the likes of Wenger wouldn't have been given time here.

I don't think that anyone is in the least bit concerned about the manager.

Offline Scott Nielsen

Re: Aston Villa v Leicester City Post Match Thread
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2023, 05:03:28 PM »
On the whole I was more disappointed in our defending than our profligacy in front of goal. And Buendia was brilliant for three quarters.

Agree.

Offline TonyD

Re: Aston Villa v Leicester City Match Post Thread
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2023, 05:04:05 PM »
Buckets of missed sitters.
Oodles of mistakes.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2023, 05:04:48 PM »
Scores out of 10

Martinez - 3
Young - 5, Cash - 4
Mings - 2
Konsa - 3
Digne - 3, Moreno - 3
Kamara - 1
Luiz - 5
Buendia - 6
Ramsey - 2, Coutinho -5
Bailey - 4
Watkins - 5

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2023, 05:05:13 PM »
We were stupid not to get a striker in, and also a decent central defender. Or two.

Carlos might be that man, but who knows. Mings and Konsa hardly ever fill me with confidence. Fuck our defence today, faffing about, dozing off. Ineptitude gone wild.

We looked decent going forward but just aren't clinical, and that's about it.

So so stupid not to sign a new striker.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2023, 05:05:15 PM »
Today showed why there's a lot of potential in the future, and also why we're frustrating as fuck.

They had 4 shots on target for most of the game, all of them gift wrapped by us. And proper gift wrapped, with bows on. And not those cheap bows you get in packs from the Card Factory. These were proper gift wrapped with bows, bows hand made with fancy ribbon no less.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2023, 05:05:27 PM »
Stupid mistakes cost us today rather than lack of investment. Duran looks promising.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2023, 05:05:44 PM »
I'm fuming about that. Defensive shitshow, crap finishing, and no more options to shake things up. I'm having trouble dismissing it as "one of those days" when you've only got the same players to put it right.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2023, 05:06:13 PM »
Back to life, back to reality.  A mid table squad. Be honest. It needs a fair few quality signings if we need to get our passports out.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2023, 05:09:04 PM »
And if we beat Manchester City next week, everything will be fine again, and Emery will be hailed as the genius that he is.
Let us just say that it's all a work in progress! No need to get too despondent here.

As today vs Leicester it was one of those games where defensive mistakes cost us.
We created and could have had what we wanted, but we didn't and were extremely unlucky.

Still hoping to replicate our away form at home, and I see Man City as a good challenge and a test of Emery's ability to compete against top coaches.

Today was a learning experience, and those who are willing and capable will improve.

Up The Villa!

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2023, 05:11:04 PM »
A bit fed up of how negative people are. Beginning to think the likes of Wenger wouldn't have been given time here.

I don't think that anyone is in the least bit concerned about the manager.

I haven't read one comment saying Emery isn't a great manager.  Maybe somebody has written such a comment, but I haven't read it.

Emery is a great manager.  It feels like we fucked up the transfer window (momentum, lost.  Again.)  Those two things can both be true. 

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2023, 05:11:04 PM »
Think we played a lot worse lately and won. 3 individual errors cost us three goals. Thought we played some very good stuff with the ball at times creating lots of chances. Without the ball we were a mess though, tactically all over the place. Kamara had a horror show for two goals but offered no protection to their counter attacks either. Far too easy to get at our centre backs throughout.

While Coutinho showed nice touches, we can't get away with a trio of Bailey, Buendia and Coutinho without the ball. Thought Emery went far too attacking at half time. Moreno showed what we can offer going forward for the rest of the season though defensively he will need to improve. Luiz and Buendia were very good. Ollie led the line well, missed his easiest chance but very sharp for our first.

Yet another example today unfortunately as to how we urgently need a centre back comfortable of stepping into midfield and passing through the lines. See Konsa just after half time when they should have scored.

Martinez 6, Young 5 (Cash 5), Konsa 5, Mings 5, Digne 4 (Moreno 6), Luiz 8, Kamara 3, Buendia 8, Bailey 6, Ramsey 4 (Coutinho 6), Watkins 8. Duran showed a couple of nice touches and pace.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2023, 05:11:18 PM »
Chances of us beating Man City away. Less than zero.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2023, 05:12:33 PM »
And if we beat Manchester City next week, everything will be fine again, and Emery will be hailed as the genius that he is.
Let us just say that it's all a work in progress! No need to get too despondent here.

As today vs Leicester it was one of those games where defensive mistakes cost us.
We created and could have had what we wanted, but we didn't and were extremely unlucky.

Still hoping to replicate our away form at home, and I see Man City as a good challenge and a test of Emery's ability to compete against top coaches.

Today was a learning experience, and those who are willing and capable will improve.

Up The Villa!

Spot on. It’s a process. UTV

Offline steamer

« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2023, 05:12:54 PM »
Shocking, another shit home show.
Défense unbelievable that this is a premier league set up
For all the good skills going forward no one finishes, Watkins and bailey should have scored.
I missed the kick off, did we lose the toss, attacking the Holte again in the first half.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal