Heroes & Villains > Tickets & Travel

Secure parking near ground

(1/6) > >>

Dazvillain:
Been 4 or 5 years since driving to home game. Always used to use the secure parking adjacent to school playground of Manor Park school just off expressway, about £5 then.
Driving up for Arsenal game… is it still in use or if not any recommendations within about 10/15 min walk please  ?
Cheers
Daz

Scratchins:
I use the school on Upper Sutton Street. £7 and a pleasant walk through Aston Hall.

dave.woodhall:
The old Siemens site on Holborn Hill is still open.

Risso:
The Power League parking on Lichfield Road is quite good, and you can normally be away fairly quickly afterwards. Under no circumstances use the factory opposite the Aston Tavern. They block everybody in with a row of cars by the gates, so if somebody at the front decides to take 40 minutes to amble back to their car, that's how long you're sitting there.

Drummond:

--- Quote from: Risso on February 02, 2023, 10:26:07 PM ---The Power League parking on Lichfield Road is quite good, and you can normally be away fairly quickly afterwards. Under no circumstances use the factory opposite the Aston Tavern. They block everybody in with a row of cars by the gates, so if somebody at the front decides to take 40 minutes to amble back to their car, that's how long you're sitting there.

--- End quote ---

That was my go to spot back in the day. Instead of a fiver, if you chucked him a tenner you'd get a spot at the front and be away. I'd be in the Holte, and rush off at full time and with the roads being one-way I could be home super quick.

As you say, these days, if you're anywhere near the back, you're fucked for a long while and may as well be resigned to not getting away for an hour.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version