collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Gareth
[Today at 08:33:33 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 08:32:13 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 08:31:53 PM]

Re: All aboard the shuttle bus. by Steve67
[Today at 08:27:01 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by luke95
[Today at 08:26:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Steve67
[Today at 08:21:30 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Risso
[Today at 08:16:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pablo_picasso
[Today at 08:07:11 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January Transfer Window - The Verdict.  (Read 67938 times)

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
Re: January Transfer Window - The Verdict.
« Reply #780 on: March 24, 2023, 01:48:19 PM »
Much as I like the revitalised Watkins I think the main priority should and will be a top striker. 

I really like the idea of Guendouzi as I feel he can cover both the dm and attacking midfield roles.

Another forward thinking player on top of these two would be a bonus.

I'm not so fussed about defence.  I think Mings has re-established himself as No1 centre back, and rightly so in my opinion, he's fucking brilliant.  Carlos and Konsa are hopefully good enough for the other side.  I've felt for a while we could possibly upgrade Cash, but he's playing well and fits well into the role of our more defensive fullback.  So I'd concentrate my money on top quality in the other positions.

Hopefully it will be an exciting summer.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #781 on: March 24, 2023, 04:54:38 PM »
Much as I like the revitalised Watkins I think the main priority should and will be a top striker. 

I really like the idea of Guendouzi as I feel he can cover both the dm and attacking midfield roles.

I'm not so fussed about defence.  I think Mings has re-established himself as No1 centre back, and rightly so in my opinion, he's fucking brilliant.  Carlos and Konsa are hopefully good enough for the other side.  I've felt for a while we could possibly upgrade Cash, but he's playing well and fits well into the role of our more defensive fullback.  So I'd concentrate my money on top quality in the other positions.

Guendouzi as an 8 then? I see him as a defensive midfielder.

Online Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #782 on: March 24, 2023, 08:27:13 PM »

No, F-V that's not what Chris said - he said he could cover both.
I think Chris has called it about right in terms of priorities.
The key to next season will be what Emery thinks of the kids that are available to us after loans this season.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #783 on: March 24, 2023, 08:59:03 PM »

Assuming we buy him and he gets picked, I think he’d replace the McGinn hybrid/right position in the current midfield set up. He’s much more attacking now than he was for Arsenal.

Offline ldavfc4eva

« Reply #784 on: March 24, 2023, 09:20:02 PM »
Have heard some bad press about Guendouzi attitude wise, possibly based on his Arsenal days, but doesn’t fill me with confidence, especially if we are to pay £40m for him..

Can see us going for someone else

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #785 on: March 24, 2023, 10:23:10 PM »
Have heard some bad press about Guendouzi attitude wise, possibly based on his Arsenal days, but doesn’t fill me with confidence, especially if we are to pay £40m for him..

Emery was his manager at Arsenal wasn’t he? If so, buying him would be the ultimate approval of his attitude.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #786 on: March 24, 2023, 10:38:07 PM »

Emery was his manager at Arsenal wasn’t he? If so, buying him would be the ultimate approval of his attitude.

Just a reminder of what he thinks of Emery. And talk of his attitude is massively overstated. Even in his time at Arsenal. He’s very much a leader in Marseille and he will do well with us in the PL.

https://twitter.com/aftvmedia/status/1372177398410571781?s=46&t=0-BUXD66ovTcofwrbTW4Ag

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #787 on: March 26, 2023, 03:52:34 PM »
Rumour:
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
Chelsea could be set to tear up Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's contract after his recent trip to Barcelona, it has been claimed.

Question:
Having previously played effectively under Emery and enjoying good goalscoring form, would it be worth the relative risk of signing the 33 yeard old from Chelsea.

In your opinion, would that be a good or risky move?

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #788 on: March 26, 2023, 03:57:40 PM »
Maybe you could add a poll.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #789 on: March 26, 2023, 03:58:40 PM »
Aubameyang is a toxic wanker.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #790 on: March 26, 2023, 04:16:53 PM »
No thank you

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #791 on: March 26, 2023, 04:20:05 PM »
I wouldn't choose Aubameyang for anything other than 'footballer most likely to go to jail for an NFT scam'.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #792 on: March 26, 2023, 04:21:26 PM »
Rumour:
Chelsea could be set to tear up Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's contract after his recent trip to Barcelona, it has been claimed.

Question:
Having previously played effectively under Emery and enjoying good goalscoring form, would it be worth the relative risk of signing the 33 yeard old from Chelsea.

Please use a little bit of judgement when posting rumours. Most are utter bollocks. Remember that. So treat most of it with a pinch of salt. But some will be so wild and reckless that they are not worth even suggesting. Like this one. Think about who the manager is, where we are as a club and what we are looking to achieve with players coming in. Not only is Aubameyang a past it, complete wanker who’s been binned from his last three clubs, he’s on stupid money. We’re not remotely shopping for players like that.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #793 on: March 26, 2023, 05:23:19 PM »
Rumour:
Chelsea could be set to tear up Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's contract after his recent trip to Barcelona, it has been claimed.

Question:

Please use a little bit of judgement when posting rumours. Most are utter bollocks. Remember that. So treat most of it with a pinch of salt. But some will be so wild and reckless that they are not worth even suggesting. Like this one. Think about who the manager is, where we are as a club and what we are looking to achieve with players coming in. Not only is Aubameyang a past it, complete wanker who’s been binned from his last three clubs, he’s on stupid money. We’re not remotely shopping for players like that.
Yeh. But he can speak Spanish.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #794 on: March 26, 2023, 05:42:07 PM »
That was a a good 1-2

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal