collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Jhon Durán - signed  (Read 158705 times)

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
Re: Jhon Durán - signed
« Reply #450 on: January 31, 2023, 08:03:43 PM »
There's a rather famous American racing driver of the sixties called Bob Bondurant. He won Le Mans, drove for Shelby, Ferrari, Lotus amongst others. Had a horrific crash in a McLaren.

Anyway. The Americans pronounce his name "Baab Baanderaan' and I'm unable to think of our new signing without calling him "Baaaan Jaanduraan" in my head.

It's starting to really get on my tits.

You live in a lovely county, but it might be an idea to find something to do, Rodders.

Online Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
« Reply #451 on: January 31, 2023, 08:24:16 PM »
There's a rather famous American racing driver of the sixties called Bob Bondurant. He won Le Mans, drove for Shelby, Ferrari, Lotus amongst others. Had a horrific crash in a McLaren.

Anyway. The Americans pronounce his name "Baab Baanderaan' and I'm unable to think of our new signing without calling him "Baaaan Jaanduraan" in my head.

It's starting to really get on my tits.

You live in a lovely county, but it might be an idea to find something to do, Rodders.

Terrible idea. Might catch on, and then where would I be?

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #452 on: January 31, 2023, 08:26:50 PM »
You'd still be landlocked.

Online Rodders

« Reply #453 on: January 31, 2023, 11:00:42 PM »

This is an fact.

I believe that the same is also true of B6 though, which is full of people who have things to do.

Apart from our scouting team apparently. Fnaar.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #454 on: January 31, 2023, 11:53:16 PM »
Praying this kid comes on quickly and really helps us in the second half. We shouldn’t be putting this much pressure on him, but he’s going to have to step up. And usually takes MLS players a little time to adjust. Hopefully he is more Almiron than Simon Dawkins.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #455 on: February 01, 2023, 07:37:52 AM »
Praying this kid comes on quickly and really helps us in the second half. We shouldn’t be putting this much pressure on him, but he’s going to have to step up. And usually takes MLS players a little time to adjust. Hopefully he is more Almiron than Simon Dawkins.

I don't think we've put any pressure on him at all.  If Watkins gets injured, maybe but even then the rest of the forward line have to chip in with goals as well.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 10:25:43 AM by Clampy »

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #456 on: February 01, 2023, 09:18:31 AM »

I don't think we've put any pressure on him at all.  If Archer gets injured, maybe but even then the rest of the forward line have to chip in with goals as well.

Archer's been loaned out, which is part of the problem. Do at least try to base your arguments on the facts.

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #457 on: February 01, 2023, 09:23:24 AM »

I don't think we've put any pressure on him at all.  If Archer gets injured, maybe but even then the rest of the forward line have to chip in with goals as well.

There is a rest of the forward line?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #458 on: February 01, 2023, 09:41:33 AM »

This is an fact.

I believe that the same is also true of B6 though, which is full of people who have things to do.

Techincally Brum is not landlocked thanks to the annexed warm water port of Weston Super Mare.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #459 on: February 01, 2023, 09:42:48 AM »

This is an fact.

Techincally Brum is not landlocked thanks to the annexed warm water port of Weston Super Mare.

Kaliningrad Super Mare.

Online Rodders

« Reply #460 on: February 01, 2023, 10:14:28 AM »
That is of course true.

And I am bounded on three sides by water. Let's just call it a moat?

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #461 on: February 01, 2023, 10:17:58 AM »
We should be looking to fortify the M5 corridor though

Offline Clampy

« Reply #462 on: February 01, 2023, 10:21:36 AM »

Archer's been loaned out, which is part of the problem. Do at least try to base your arguments on the facts.

There's no need to be snarky really is there?

Error in original post amended.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 10:27:25 AM by Clampy »

Online Rodders

« Reply #463 on: February 01, 2023, 08:02:49 PM »
We should be looking to fortify the M5 corridor though

I'd agree in principle but my brother reports a disproportionately high number of noses around Malvern (true Brummies). Can't be arsed with them or the necessary hazmat protection. Can we divert around the M50?

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #464 on: February 02, 2023, 11:49:44 AM »

This is Almiron's fifth season in the premier league, and it's the first season he's scored more than four league goals.  I hope to God he adapts a bit quicker than him.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal