collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Rory
[Today at 02:36:36 AM]

Do it thr Frnch way - Lill away by Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air
[Today at 02:14:03 AM]

Leander Dendoncker - On Loan at Napoli by dcdavecollett
[Today at 01:44:12 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by Drummond
[Today at 01:15:54 AM]

Champions League Contention by tomd2103
[Today at 12:17:15 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by tomd2103
[April 17, 2024, 11:32:24 PM]

Brighton (a) by sonyhill
[April 17, 2024, 11:15:10 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulTheVillan
[April 17, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Biggest Day Outs  (Read 8170 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: Biggest Day Outs
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2023, 04:27:02 PM »
We seemed to take a lot to Atletico back in 97. I recall we had a lot of the upper tier on the side and a few blocks opposite too. Only young at the time, but as has often been said, what a shower of twats the local Police were and the Atletico Madrid lot.

Next biggest following after thatist have been Hamburg, with about 3500. Only time I've nodded off at the football and while stood up.

Offline Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2023, 09:15:59 PM »
We seemed to take a lot to Atletico back in 97. I recall we had a lot of the upper tier on the side and a few blocks opposite too. Only young at the time, but as has often been said, what a shower of twats the local Police were and the Atletico Madrid lot.

Next biggest following after thatist have been Hamburg, with about 3500. Only time I've nodded off at the football and while stood up.

Agree about Athletico. The night before the game a group of us were ambushed as we left a bar. Rocks and bricks raining down on us. Two of our lot required hospital treatment (nothing too serious, they both made the match).

Hamburg as I recall was a dead rubber so just turned into a massive piss up, just before Xmas. Great trip. Absolutely freezing at the match

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2023, 11:51:23 AM »

Was at both of those too, the Hamburg game was fucking cold. Our kid had a heavy cold as well so we buggered off at half time. I'm still yet to see us score a goal abroad in the flesh in three goes.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2023, 11:52:23 AM »
Barcalona V Villa UEFA Cup 2nd leg 1978 is given as 90,000 but I heard on the night it was over 100,000.  We took a decent few too.
It was quite a scary night, was a fair few there but we'd been split up into 2 sections at either end of the ground. I think the Barca fans of 78 morphed into the Barca team of
A brilliant week overall in Lloret, cheaper to do that than go with official Travellers Club packages.

Ha! we were in Lloret too and as you say did it far cheaper than through the club. We were seated in the opposite side of the ground from where any Villa fans were.  We were well received by the Barca fans the 10 or so of us. It was my first trip out of the country so everything was an adventure, even getting chatted up by a prostitute.  Why she assumed I was fluent in Spanish I'll never know.  Why I didn't know at the time she was a prostitute I put down to naivety.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal