collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Unai Emery - our manager by mrfuse
[Today at 11:16:17 AM]

NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 11:14:52 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by AV84
[Today at 11:13:21 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by coreyfeldman
[Today at 11:10:40 AM]

Leon Bailey - signed by AV84
[Today at 10:32:50 AM]

Lille vs Aston Villa post-match thread by AV84
[Today at 10:31:25 AM]

Championship Memories by Mellin
[Today at 10:14:25 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 09:42:20 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Emi Buendia - Injured  (Read 237700 times)

Online coreyfeldman

Re: Emi Buendia - Injured
« Reply #2205 on: April 09, 2024, 03:53:15 PM »
Also emi played a lot of football under emery before his injury so that's just utter garbage, as per usual
As per usual if I have a different view to you it's called trash !
That's no debate or discussion.

But the point is you're saying that he doesn't fit emerys play or style, and I'm saying that if you look at the fact that he started about 80% of the games under emery before his injury, it suggests that your opinion is a pretty strange one.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #2206 on: April 09, 2024, 04:03:48 PM »
Also emi played a lot of football under emery before his injury so that's just utter garbage, as per usual
As per usual if I have a different view to you it's called trash !
That's no debate or discussion.

But the point is you're saying that he doesn't fit emerys play or style, and I'm saying that if you look at the fact that he started about 80% of the games under emery before his injury, it suggests that your opinion is a pretty strange one.
There is also the added touch of their knowing each other in Spanish, but Emery has always advised Emi to be calm. At some point, it is up to the player.   I believe if he improves his temperament, he could be kept on.

It's encouraging to hear of his comeback and recovery, and for me his passionate style of play is appreciated and the tempo he helps set when he was on the field. If he was able to prove himself in the team before the end of this season, it would indicate whether he could be useful again next season, and I believe that is where we can agree.

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2207 on: April 09, 2024, 04:14:48 PM »
I think you've got this slightly wrong Footy, I don't think the issue is his temper or that he's a free-spirit but rather that when things aren't working he starts to try to rush things and becomes a bit sloppy. Once the sloppiness comes into his game you then see the other problems but it all starts from that initial issue of him trying to make things happen rather than just following the gameplan. Importantly though wasn't just him but a problem the entire squad had under Gerrard because of the 'create a bit of magic' approach he had which put all the pressure on individuals instead of the team and tactics. Some players thrive under that approach but Buendia in particular struggled with it.

Over pre-season I think he'd clearly been working on that and was looking far less erratic (this is also why I think people thought he looked fitter, he wasn't wasting so much energy) so I'm half-convinced the problem is either already solved or at least well on the way to a solution.

My bigger concern is that we're a pretty small team in attacking positions and that might work against him (and I think Zaniolo, Duran and Rogers clearly show a push from the club to address that).

Online Smithy

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #2208 on: April 09, 2024, 04:25:29 PM »
He's not big, but he's pretty good in the air.  He's got, what, 3 or 4 headed goals for us? Plus he wins more than his fair share of balls in the air.  He's not that physical, and can be dispossessed a bit too easily, but I don't think that's a size issue, it's just the way he plays.  Dougie is about the same height, but protects the ball brilliantly.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2209 on: April 09, 2024, 05:10:13 PM »
The good thing is that when everybody is fit* the competition for places should mean everybody ups their game, including Emi. Torres having a nightmare and couldn't tackle a two course dinner? On the bench you go son, we'll stick with Mings and Konsa. Emi being a bit slap dash and passing the ball out to nobody? Then on comes Rogers. The trouble we have at the moment is that the side more or less picks itself.

*As likely as my unicorn farm idea taking off, I know.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 05:12:32 PM by Risso »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2210 on: April 09, 2024, 05:36:47 PM »
The good thing is that when everybody is fit* the competition for places should mean everybody ups their game, including Emi. Torres having a nightmare and couldn't tackle a two course dinner? On the bench you go son, we'll stick with Mings and Konsa. Emi being a bit slap dash and passing the ball out to nobody? Then on comes Rogers. The trouble we have at the moment is that the side more or less picks itself.

He's a big boy and very talented but I'm not sure about going in goal.

Still, if the alternative is Olsen maybe you have a point.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2211 on: April 09, 2024, 06:22:31 PM »

He's a big boy and very talented but I'm not sure about going in goal.

Still, if the alternative is Olsen maybe you have a point.

He's little Emi, the real Emi, or all the other Emi's are just imitating.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #2212 on: April 09, 2024, 08:03:11 PM »
I think you've got this slightly wrong Footy, I don't think the issue is his temper or that he's a free-spirit but rather that when things aren't working he starts to try to rush things and becomes a bit sloppy. Once the sloppiness comes into his game you then see the other problems but it all starts from that initial issue of him trying to make things happen rather than just following the gameplan. Importantly though wasn't just him but a problem the entire squad had under Gerrard because of the 'create a bit of magic' approach he had which put all the pressure on individuals instead of the team and tactics. Some players thrive under that approach but Buendia in particular struggled with it.

Over pre-season I think he'd clearly been working on that and was looking far less erratic (this is also why I think people thought he looked fitter, he wasn't wasting so much energy) so I'm half-convinced the problem is either already solved or at least well on the way to a solution.

My bigger concern is that we're a pretty small team in attacking positions and that might work against him (and I think Zaniolo, Duran and Rogers clearly show a push from the club to address that).
There's some great points Paul E but I haven't got it remotely wrong on Buendia temperament as he's often seen  frailing arms about and that when decisions or passes don't come his way.
If anyone would be a booking for new rules and dissent it would be him.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2213 on: April 09, 2024, 08:35:36 PM »
7 yellow and 1 red in 109 games. Footy, you're wrong.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #2214 on: April 09, 2024, 10:47:31 PM »
Although Buendia is a lot of fun to watch and creative, Emi lacks the emotional control, temperament, and ball-keeping skills necessary to be a first choice of Emery....

I was talking about temperament and reference on observation to his personality and how he reacts on the pitch.
7 yellow and 1 red in 109 games. Footy, you're wrong.

I never said about major disciplinary issues and numerous bookings and suspensions so that's Drummond's where you are wrong!

I suggested under new rules there would be "an issue on temperament as he's often seen  frailing arms about and that when decisions or passes don't come his way.
If anyone would be a booking for new rules and dissent it would be him"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 10:51:01 PM by Footy-Vill »

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #2215 on: April 10, 2024, 12:35:22 AM »
So what if he waves his arms around a bit? He doesn't do it at referees, he does it when he's pissed off at the way play develops.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #2216 on: April 10, 2024, 03:29:37 PM »
So what if he waves his arms around a bit? He doesn't do it at referees, he does it when he's pissed off at the way play develops.

*Expects us to buy more Iberians and Latinos in as "they speak Spanish"*

*Complains when they also have those temperaments*

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal