collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alex Moreno - shirt stretched  (Read 56634 times)

Offline VillaTim

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Alex Moreno - shirt stretched
« Reply #525 on: February 07, 2024, 10:38:35 PM »
He's been poor ever since he came back from injury. Complete lack of awareness of what's going on around him. A liability

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #526 on: February 07, 2024, 10:48:35 PM »
He's been poor ever since he came back from injury. Complete lack of awareness of what's going on around him. A liability

He was like this when he first started for us and then he vastly improved. He better quickly do that or hopefully Digne is back soon.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #527 on: February 07, 2024, 10:49:41 PM »
2 goals scored so hardly poor.
He's probably fatigued and gaining match sharpness
I think he's a real good fit for Emery style of play.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #528 on: February 07, 2024, 10:58:33 PM »
He’s been our worst player two home games running. Need Digne back, and quickly.

Online tomd2103

« Reply #529 on: February 07, 2024, 11:00:54 PM »
Something seems to have been wrong since he came back.  During the games I've been to, his body language and general demeanour have been really poor and he just doesn't look interested at times. 

He doesn't look to have forged any kind of understanding with Lenglet and they hardly seem to speak to each other during a game.  Both full-backs are in really poor form at the moment.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #530 on: February 07, 2024, 11:10:37 PM »

He was like this when he first started for us and then he vastly improved. He better quickly do that or hopefully Digne is back soon.
Yep Digne can't come back soon enough

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #531 on: February 07, 2024, 11:14:46 PM »
I like Moreno, he seems spirited, attacks well and gets the odd goal.

But we looked much more balanced with Digne.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #532 on: February 07, 2024, 11:16:01 PM »
Digne is prone to shockers but he's a senior pro. You do feel more robust with him on that side.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #533 on: February 07, 2024, 11:22:39 PM »
Moreno lengthy absence due to injury would have contributed to his ability to perform consistently well for 90 minutes.
Yet he's scored 2 goals.
Regarding any difficulties off the pitch, it was most likely difficult adjusting to being injured for so long including being away from Spain, as well as playing during the holiday and Christmas season for the first time in his career.

Online Olof's Beard

« Reply #534 on: February 07, 2024, 11:43:52 PM »
He missed the entirety of pre-season, as well as the first four months of the season. He had setbacks in his recovery too and then Digne getting crocked has meant he has had to play every week.

It's hardly surprising he has been a bit ropey.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #535 on: February 07, 2024, 11:44:33 PM »
He's not been the same player since returning from injury but I agree he didn't get much help tonight either.  His best form was when Ramsey was playing in front of him, and he's been blighted by injuries as well.

We haven't got any viable option until Digne gets back fit, so we have to hope he can refind that form from last season.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #536 on: February 07, 2024, 11:44:36 PM »
Getting the 5th goal in a demolition of the worst team the Premier League has ever seen doesn’t excuse his last two performances against Newcastle and Chelsea. Two of the most awful displays you’ll ever see.

Offline Nii Lamptey

« Reply #537 on: February 07, 2024, 11:47:18 PM »
Moreno lengthy absence due to injury would have contributed to his ability to perform consistently well for 90 minutes.
Yet he's scored 2 goals.
Regarding any difficulties off the pitch, it was most likely difficult adjusting to being injured for so long including being away from Spain, as well as playing during the holiday and Christmas season for the first time in his career.

Sorry, but you’re totally wrong on this Footy. I don’t give a shite if my fullback is scoring goals. What I do expect is him to be able to tackle an already slowed, stumbling Chelsea player (after previous attempted tackle from a Villa midfielder)…. Not let him pass him by down the wing, and then proceed to chase him with a light jog.

They were all rubbish tonight, but he was head and shoulders the worst.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #538 on: February 07, 2024, 11:59:57 PM »
Not his best game but you could say that about everyone else. I think he was massively let down tonight by the lack of help in front of him. He was blowing out of his backside after about 20 minutes simply because when he went forward no one dropped in behind him and he was being asked to do an impossible job. The lack of any pace at all from Lenglet exposed the left side even more.

Offline VillaTim

« Reply #539 on: February 08, 2024, 12:02:56 AM »
Not his best game but you could say that about everyone else. I think he was massively let down tonight by the lack of help in front of him. He was blowing out of his backside after about 20 minutes simply because when he went forward no one dropped in behind him and he was being asked to do an impossible job. The lack of any pace at all from Lenglet exposed the left side even more.
That's a fair point was anyone playing left midfield

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal