collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Axl Rose
[April 26, 2024, 11:19:52 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Percy McCarthy
[April 26, 2024, 11:04:45 PM]

Saturday night fever - Chelsea at home by trinityoap
[April 26, 2024, 11:02:50 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by nordenvillain
[April 26, 2024, 10:37:12 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Ollie Watkins by stevo_st
[Today at 07:04:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by PaulWinch again
[Today at 03:31:43 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by eamonn
[Today at 01:44:58 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by ROBBO
[Today at 12:28:16 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Bournemouth Post Match Thread by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:09:49 AM]

Re: Diego Carlos by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 12:07:30 AM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:59:47 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Footy-Vill
[April 26, 2024, 11:58:34 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Biggest Humiliation?  (Read 7122 times)

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
Re: Biggest Humiliation?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2023, 10:19:34 AM »
Bradford for me. Losing over 2 legs with the second at home to a Division 2 club when you’re in a semi final is unforgivable. Yesterday runs it close but still Bradford for me.

Surprised Aldershot in the 60s isn’t on the list.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2023, 10:22:32 AM »
I cared more during the Bradford days. Wanted the players to do well, even though so many of them were crap.

Nowadays I just think too many of our players are ******

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2023, 10:27:02 AM »
As I said elsewhere, we should have hammered Bradford in the first fifteen minutes of both legs, plus we were shite then, they'd beaten Arsenal in the previous round and it was 'only' the League Cup. Yesterday was worse than that.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2023, 10:29:01 AM »
Yesterday for me.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2023, 10:31:02 AM »
Blues 0-2 at Villa after losing the away game earlier in the season was the most pissed off i've been at a result and i went. Bradford over the 2 legs the most disappointing as we missed a cup final, didn't go though. Went yesterday and that was the most outrightly embarrassing result of all i think.

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2023, 10:32:23 AM »
Can't believe you're all forgetting Millwall Athletic in 1900. We had three goes at that one and still lost.

Ramsay Out.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2023, 10:35:24 AM »
As I said elsewhere, we should have hammered Bradford in the first fifteen minutes of both legs, plus we were shite then, they'd beaten Arsenal in the previous round and it was 'only' the League Cup. Yesterday was worse than that.

I don't remember us doing that in the first 15 mins at Bradford, I remember us being thoroughly outplayed and being grateful we'd managed to nick a goal.

Still, it's six and two threes, they're both a disgrace

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2023, 10:36:06 AM »
Is it really necessary to flagellate ourselves with another thread?

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2023, 10:52:35 AM »

I don't remember us doing that in the first 15 mins at Bradford, I remember us being thoroughly outplayed and being grateful we'd managed to nick a goal.

Still, it's six and two threes, they're both a disgrace

We had two good chances before they'd hardly touched the ball, then at 2-1 Darren Bent had an open goal, jumped for the ball and pulled a muscle.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2023, 10:56:59 AM »
Funnily enough, Bradford 3, Villa 1 was ten years ago to the day yesterday. For a bit of context, this was the team back then:

Given, Lowton, Baker, Clark, Bennett, Bannan, Delph, N'Zogbia, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Benteke
Subs: Guzan, Ireland, Bent, Stevens, Lichaj, Burke, Carruthers

Offline Villan82

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2023, 10:57:03 AM »
Bradford was far worse. I honestly don't know how we can think yesterday was worse than Bradford. Against Bradford we were humiliated over two legs in a semi final. We had two legs against lower league opponents to reach a final and blew it. We also had a big atmosphere for the home leg.

Yesterday was the 3rd round of the FA cup. The fans didn't seem up for it and the players messed up in the last few minutes. These things happen in the FA cup every year. Didn't this lot beat Newcastle about 10 years ago?

I sometimes think there is some sort of agenda to make that era seem less shit than it was and this one more shit than it is. Those years of circling the drain were the worst.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2023, 11:03:58 AM »
Bradford was far worse. I honestly don't know how we can think yesterday was worse than Bradford. Against Bradford we were humiliated over two legs in a semi final. We had two legs against lower league opponents to reach a final and blew it. We also had a big atmosphere for the home leg.

Yesterday was the 3rd round of the FA cup. The fans didn't seem up for it and the players messed up in the last few minutes. These things happen in the FA cup every year. Didn't this lot beat Newcastle about 10 years ago?

I sometimes think there is some sort of agenda to make that era seem less shit than it was and this one more shit than it is. Those years of circling the drain were the worst.

We've got a much better team now, and a much better manager. Look at the players we put out - Lowton, Baker, Bennett, Bannan, Weimann, N'Zogbia. None of those were Premier League class really, as shown by their subsequent careers in the Football League, or in N'Zogbia's case, no career at all. The Bradford result came not long after the Christmas 8-0, 4-0 and 3-0 humblings. Christ alone knows how Lambert kept his job after that little lot.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2023, 11:05:34 AM »
Bradford was worse because it was entirely in our hands. It was men v boys and all Lambert had to do was continue in the second half as we had the first, and we'd have got what we deserved.

What he actually opted to do was shit the bed, panic and go bat-shit with the subs and the route one he turned to on the pitch. So frustrating.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2023, 11:06:46 AM »
Yesterday for me. A horrible lack lustre, pedestrian, clueless performance topped off by conceding two goals goals in the last 2 minutes. An international player who got himself bamboozled by a league 4 player into giving away a pen  accompanied by a straight red and a second goal conceded with stunning ineptitude by the defence and a goalkeeper who really has no place playing in the Premier league. A truly miserable day in B6.

Online john2710

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2023, 11:07:46 AM »
Without doubt, Bradford - we were outplayed & well beaten over 2 legs of a semi-final by a team that wanted it more.

Yesterday - we treated it as a training session & got mugged at the end.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal