collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brighton 1-2 Aston Villa post match thread  (Read 24638 times)

Online rob_bridge

Re: Brighton 1-2 Aston Villa post match thread
« Reply #285 on: November 14, 2022, 03:57:28 PM »
I did think that when we scored, Carragher's over the top "the Aston Villa players need to look at themselves" probably had a double meaning, the disgusting gobbing Scouse prick.

Carragher was terrible all game. He literally groaned in exasperation with one of Brightons few chances. He also said all through the game, literally the whole game, how much Brightons players were more comfortable on the ball compared to ours!! It was not stop and so bloody obvious. His mate got the tic tac because the whole thing was going to shit, old Carra needs to get over it.

Well let's see how comfortable Villa players are on the ball come the end of January and compare it to how we are after a year of his Bestie mate in charge.

I put Gerrard alongside Billy McNeill as the most underperforming manager we have had. Not saying 'worst' because that is subjective but massive underperformer.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #286 on: November 14, 2022, 04:08:09 PM »
Southern Trains!! The sooner we renationalise our railways the better. No trains to Brighton from London Bridge. Trains from Blackfriars all cancelled, with no notice. Only trains to Brighton were from Victoria. Except there were none by the time we got there from Blackfriars. Had to go to Gatwick and change from there. I’ve never had an easy journey to Brighton - that Friday night fiasco being the worst - which is a shame because once you get to the ground it’s great.

Any road up, a win’s a win. Let the opposition worry about how we went about it
I popped into their North Stand forum and it makes some very interesting reading. Apparently some of them hate us more than Leeds and Palace for some reason. The over reaction to the defeat is off the scale. They're even running a thread with the title "Villa win their Cup Final" One poster says "I hate them so much I hope their team bus crashes into a load of their fans onthe way home" Some weapons grade bellends on there making total twats of themselves. No one likes losing but I hope our reaction to losing isn't as ridiculously ott and we keep some kind of rationality about it.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 04:33:22 PM by The Edge »

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #287 on: November 14, 2022, 04:16:20 PM »
It probably takes the same time for them to get to Villa Park as it does to Selhurst Park, so you can see why they'd regard us as hated rivals. The Leicester of the South: We want someone to hate us, why don't any of you care?

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #288 on: November 14, 2022, 04:17:16 PM »
Being totally honest, I did think it went a little too far yesterday and we did put ourselves under further pressure with the 8 minutes of added time.  Also picked up some pretty unnecessary bookings in the process.
Agreed.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #289 on: November 14, 2022, 04:24:03 PM »
They're probably still bitter that we stopped them from winning their biggest ever trophy. The second division title.

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #290 on: November 14, 2022, 04:24:27 PM »
Regarding the Digne 'foul' there was a similar incident in the Fulham vs Redmancs game and the ref straightaway waved it on and VAR quickly dismissed it.
Storm in a teacup, is all.

And, as LeeB said above, a team in blue stripes, with Albion in the name and a bunch of bitter fans ...

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #291 on: November 14, 2022, 04:24:36 PM »
They're probably still bitter that we stopped them from winning their biggest ever trophy. The second division title.

Oh, I'd forgotten about that.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #292 on: November 14, 2022, 04:26:41 PM »
Southern Trains!! The sooner we renationalise our railways the better. No trains to Brighton from London Bridge. Trains from Blackfriars all cancelled, with no notice. Only trains to Brighton were from Victoria. Except there were none by the time we got there from Blackfriars. Had to go to Gatwick and change from there. I’ve never had an easy journey to Brighton - that Friday night fiasco being the worst - which is a shame because once you get to the ground it’s great.

I popped into their North Stand forum and it makes some very interesting reading. Apparently some of them hate us more than Leeds and Palace for some reason. The over reaction to the defeat is off the scale. They're even running a thread with the title "Villa win their Cup Final" One poster says "I hate them so much I hope their team bus crashes into a load of their fans onthe way home" Some weapons grade bellends on their making total twats of themselves.
It's all a bit Sheffield Wednesday of them.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #293 on: November 14, 2022, 04:30:51 PM »

I popped into their North Stand forum and it makes some very interesting reading. Apparently some of them hate us more than Leeds and Palace for some reason. The over reaction to the defeat is off the scale. They're even running a thread with the title "Villa win their Cup Final" One poster says "I hate them so much I hope their team bus crashes into a load of their fans onthe way home" Some weapons grade bellends on their making total twats of themselves.
It's all a bit Sheffield Wednesday of them.
Ha ha yes I do remember that one. They had a petition running to have investigation into the officials. Brown envelopes were being talked about.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #294 on: November 14, 2022, 04:35:16 PM »
I popped into their North Stand forum and it makes some very interesting reading. Apparently some of them hate us more than Leeds and Palace for some reason. The over reaction to the defeat is off the scale. They're even running a thread with the title "Villa win their Cup Final" One poster says "I hate them so much I hope their team bus crashes into a load of their fans onthe way home" Some weapons grade bellends on there making total twats of themselves. No one likes losing but I hope our reaction to losing isn't as ridiculously ott and we keep some kind of rationality about it.

When your biggest "rivalry" is named after a minor motorway it's never a good look.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #295 on: November 14, 2022, 04:57:41 PM »
I did think that when we scored, Carragher's over the top "the Aston Villa players need to look at themselves" probably had a double meaning, the disgusting gobbing Scouse prick.

Is it not comprehendible to spitty  that players would work harder to a system and game plan they believe in

Not only that, but a big part of a manager’s job is motivation. All the people who say ‘the players need to look at themselves’ are betraying the fact that their mate was crap at that, as well as every other fucking aspect of football management.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #296 on: November 14, 2022, 05:12:38 PM »
I see there’s no mention of the clear hand ball from our first corner. It clearly lands on the defender’s arm and goes out for another corner. Soft it would have been but still a hand ball.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #297 on: November 14, 2022, 05:23:24 PM »
I see there’s no mention of the clear hand ball from our first corner. It clearly lands on the defender’s arm and goes out for another corner. Soft it would have been but still a hand ball.

He paddles it safely away. Carragher must have been reading the crib notes his mate sent him at that time.

Offline boutrosboutrosgnarly

« Reply #298 on: November 14, 2022, 05:53:14 PM »
They are coming over all Norwich, few years in the top flight and think they're fucking Real Madrid.
Apart from a few thousand (not counting the ones that have jumped on the premier league bandwagon and only go cos they cant get tickets at Old Trafford, Anfield etc..) no one gives a shit about Brighton.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #299 on: November 14, 2022, 06:08:45 PM »
They are coming over all Norwich, few years in the top flight and think they're fucking Real Madrid.
Apart from a few thousand (not counting the ones that have jumped on the premier league bandwagon and only go cos they cant get tickets at Old Trafford, Anfield etc..) no one gives a shit about Brighton.
Harsh but deserved having looked at their North Stand forum. A couple of reasonable souls in a sea of delusional sometimes downright arse souls.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal