collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 398181 times)

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #3570 on: January 31, 2023, 08:39:39 PM »
We'll have a happy squad, everyone getting an opportunity. They will be tight-knit and hungry as a group, and they will know they all get a chance. The U23s won't be polluted with players who aren't wanted either. There's no better opportunity for the players to step up and show what they can do.

It would have been nice to get a couple of others in but the ones we've let go are the ones who never play anyway. Barring Ings anyway. I trust Emery's judgement and I'm sick of us buying players just to fill a place like we've done so many times with no success in the past.

Agree with this and most of what you've posted here today (as well as FatSam's and boozey182's posts earlier).

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3571 on: January 31, 2023, 08:40:25 PM »
Young and hungry. We've heard that before.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #3572 on: January 31, 2023, 08:42:30 PM »

Yep works well. The reality is it’s just rationalising an unambiguous approach. I wonder how happy our best players are.

Online aj2k77

« Reply #3573 on: January 31, 2023, 08:43:49 PM »
3 points off Europe and we sign no one that will affect our chances this season, in fact we possibly diminish our chances selling our top scorer. Ambition.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #3574 on: January 31, 2023, 08:45:16 PM »
Footage outside Bodymoor

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #3575 on: January 31, 2023, 08:45:26 PM »

Yep works well. The reality is it’s just rationalising an unambiguous approach. I wonder how happy our best players are.

On the phone to their agent I suspect. Shambles of a window, but fully expected.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3576 on: January 31, 2023, 08:47:26 PM »
3 points off Europe and we sign no one that will affect our chances this season, in fact we possibly diminish our chances selling our top scorer. Ambition.

Moreno is a good signing, no? He's a player who shows attacking intent and has done well so far given his limited exposure to Emery's methods.

Dhuran may well not be ready yet, but he is well regarded and could surprise a few.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3577 on: January 31, 2023, 08:49:04 PM »

Moreno is a good signing, no? He's a player who shows attacking intent and has done well so far given his limited exposure to Emery's methods.

Dhuran may well not be ready yet, but he is well regarded and could surprise a few.

Villa and surprises usually aren't good surprises.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3578 on: January 31, 2023, 08:49:57 PM »

I didn't say young, this is a pretty experienced squad now. They should be hungry and when you go through it there isn't really a weak link as we've had before.

I wanted more too by the way, and this season feels like a good opportunity but what more do you think they should have done?

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #3579 on: January 31, 2023, 08:50:31 PM »
I just seems to me that it's typical Villa, it's not the first time that we have looked promising at Christmas and just needing that one player to really make a challenge, the only difference so far is that in past days we were looking for a stallion and actually bought a donkey.

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #3580 on: January 31, 2023, 08:52:19 PM »

Villa and surprises usually aren't good surprises.

No, and even if he is (and I hope he is!), it’s hardly indicative of great planning is it. It’s been a piss poor effort.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3581 on: January 31, 2023, 08:53:33 PM »

I didn't say young, this is a pretty experienced squad now. They should be hungry and when you go through it there isn't really a weak link as we've had before.

I wanted more too by the way, and this season feels like a good opportunity but what more do you think they should have done?

For a start we shouldn't have sold anyone we didn't have a replacement for. Then we should have made players we wanted available - it happens to us often enough.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3582 on: January 31, 2023, 08:54:30 PM »

Not decide to go for half a season with one senior striker?

Offline PaulWinch again

« Reply #3583 on: January 31, 2023, 08:55:40 PM »
Yep selling before you have your targets and failing to get your targets is pretty much exactly what you shouldn’t do.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #3584 on: January 31, 2023, 08:56:03 PM »
It just seems to me that it's typical Villa, it's not the first time that we have looked promising at Christmas and just needing that one player to really make a challenge, the only difference so far is that in past days we were looking for a stallion and actually bought a donkey.

I'll raise you a Bartelt.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal