collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:55:23 PM]

Calum Chambers -signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 06:55:04 PM]

FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:54:02 PM]

Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:50:44 PM]

Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Official Website by paul_e
[Today at 06:31:09 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by paul_e
[Today at 06:17:18 PM]

VAR by martin o`who??
[Today at 06:10:11 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:55:23 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 06:55:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Dave
[Today at 06:54:02 PM]

Re: Calum Chambers -signed by Footy-Vill
[Today at 06:53:28 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:50:44 PM]

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by brontebilly
[Today at 06:46:52 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Drummond
[Today at 06:45:56 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Risso
[Today at 06:43:32 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 710683 times)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #8550 on: April 15, 2024, 06:53:57 PM »
If I was a Man Utd fan or owner I’d want Unai Emery as well

Not getting him but I see why they want him

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #8551 on: April 15, 2024, 06:58:13 PM »
If they want a manager like Emery they should have stuck with Ralph Rangnick he’s the closest to the football obsessed professor like micro manager your going to get

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #8552 on: April 15, 2024, 07:04:56 PM »
I can’t see Unai going. He’s got a big club where he basically controls everything and has total stability. He’s also got wealthy, ambitious owners. It’s the perfect club for him. There might be “bigger” teams, but they come with a lot of risk and he’s already been burnt before there.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #8553 on: April 15, 2024, 07:07:37 PM »
before we even think about investing tons of money in the ground or a new one, i would suggest we tie this bloke down to at least another 6 years.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #8554 on: April 15, 2024, 08:08:54 PM »
I really hope the southgate to manure rumours are true. They would be the biggest laughing stocks in the league

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #8555 on: April 15, 2024, 08:42:15 PM »
I imagine it goes something like this..

"Good Morning Unai, thanks for coming by and talking to us. We wanted to introduce you to your Assistant Coach Steve Mclaren and your Director of Football Dan Ashworth."

"No."

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #8556 on: April 15, 2024, 09:07:10 PM »
Guardiola corrected a media member on leaving us out of the title conversation and only mentioning Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal. Of course the media member ended up being right but that’s besides the point.
Hang on, we are still in it. It’s not over till it’s mathematically over.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #8557 on: April 15, 2024, 09:58:40 PM »
The arrogance of some manure fans. They really do think if ratcliffe came in for him emery will be gone. Somw of my manure mates even think im being naive for thinking he would reject them.

Why the hell would he potentially leave CL football for conference ? Are these people stupid?

Brummie Reds are wankers. The day we lost at home to them, I had one of them telling me how not only would they finish above us but that Newcastle would as well. I hate the fuckers. I've known one or two others too who will happily talk about United but as soon as you bring up Villa, you've lost them. Doesn't matter how long you've talked to them about their shitty club. I know one decent Man Utd fan and he's actually from Manchester. It's the glory hunters that are wankers.

Brummie Reds are all Bluenoses in disguise and there’s an instant litmus test to confirm it. Just mention Villa and watch their faces contort with hatred and jealously. Then you know.

Yep Bluenoses who can't bear the pain of supporting a rabble as first choice especially as it means 2nd best to Villa all bar one year of my 45 years or so supporting life.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #8558 on: April 15, 2024, 10:00:49 PM »
I really hope the southgate to manure rumours are true. They would be the biggest laughing stocks in the league

The better one is Tuchel junior - the one who was at Bayern before him. Would be like ETH and LVG rolled into one.

If they had any sense they would try and prise Ancellotti from Madrid - he'd sort out that egomaniacs mass rabble and quickly. They haven't got the sense of the gravitas anymore.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #8559 on: April 15, 2024, 11:27:05 PM »
That bunch of knobs are just airwave clickbait.

Why would he go there? He's well on track with his project at Villa, and has achieved everything and more on the schedule I'm sure he has for himself. We've got better players, and all going well should be in the Champions League. We've got Martinez, they've got Onana. They've got Hojlund and Rashford, Emery's got Watkins. They've got Antony, we've got Bailey, Maguire versus Torres and so on. The only players who'd stand a chance of getting in our squad would be Mainoo, Fernandes and Garnacho. Their ownership model is a right bugger's muddle, we've got a team all fully singing from the same hymn sheet. Their new part owner is already begging for public cash to replace their crumbling, leaky stadium, we've partnered with one of the world's biggest companies we assume to just get on with it.

They are, but sadly I can see that changing with Dan Ashworth there.  He made that rabble in Sandwell a Premier League fixture during his time there and put a lot of good things in place at Brighton as well. 

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #8560 on: April 15, 2024, 11:33:01 PM »

Fucking hell, yes, that would be delicious.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #8561 on: April 16, 2024, 08:36:44 AM »
I seem to remember that Andy Goldstein saying that if Southgate was appointed as Man U manager he would stop supporting the club!

Goldstein's reason why Emery would leave Villa for Utd, is that they are a bigger club - I just cannot see him going their, however Emery may be tempted to manage Madrid at the end of Ancellotti's contract?

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #8562 on: April 16, 2024, 09:03:52 AM »
The second I hear a mention of his name, or hear his voice I turn off.

His opinion is worth no more than the glory hunting pub bore who vanishes the second his team lose.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #8563 on: April 16, 2024, 09:51:28 AM »
Obviously trying to troll villa fans to call in all irate. Dont fall for his crap.

Most people know there is no chance he is leaving a CL villa if we get there for a manure on conference league. In fact id be tempted to unsettle some manure players like they have done with us over the years once we consistently become a top four club. To show them how it feels when they do it to other clubs

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #8564 on: April 16, 2024, 11:23:25 AM »
Obviously trying to troll villa fans to call in all irate. Dont fall for his crap.

Most people know there is no chance he is leaving a CL villa if we get there for a manure on conference league. In fact id be tempted to unsettle some manure players like they have done with us over the years once we consistently become a top four club. To show them how it feels when they do it to other clubs

Their players are - to coin a phrase - ununsettlable. Nobody in the world is going to match their contracts. I'm sure the club would love someone to come along and take them, but very few teams are that rich/stupid.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal